Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Mad Max! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/13004-mad-max.html)

Nordicdusk 16th May 2015 10:20 AM

Going to the 12 noon showing tomorrow cant wait. The news that its almost all practical effects has taken my excitement levels so much higher.

I voted for the first one as my favourite i just enjoy it that little bit more.

Paul 16th May 2015 01:28 PM

Mad Max 3 was never intended to be a Mad Max film. They just stuck his character in as an afterthought to try and boost box office sales.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 16th May 2015 09:37 PM

I managed to see the new Mad Max movie this afternoon and was blown away. It definitely lives up to the hype , which is saying something. The action is unrelenting and I loved the vehicles - especially the Cars That Ate Paris looking spikey cars. So, so awesome.

If I had to pick a fault with the film, it would be that at times Max seemed like a secondary character in a weird way. Anyone else thought that? Mel Gibson is Mad Max, but Hardy does a great job too.

Love the look of the characters - especially the chubby villain with the nipple chain thing :laugh: Immortan Joe was incredible. I wonder if Toecutter from the original survived somehow - hence why he's all deformed looking and played by the same character?

Is it weird that I really, really want to be like Mad Max in that world? After seeing MM1+2 in the cinema earlier this week, I've had this huge yearning to be like that. I dunno, it's weird. :shooter:

Make Them Die Slowly 17th May 2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 449936)
I managed to see the new Mad Max movie this afternoon and was blown away. It definitely lives up to the hype , which is saying something. The action is unrelenting and I loved the vehicles - especially the Cars That Ate Paris looking spikey cars. So, so awesome.

If I had to pick a fault with the film, it would be that at times Max seemed like a secondary character in a weird way. Anyone else thought that? Mel Gibson is Mad Max, but Hardy does a great job too.

Love the look of the characters - especially the chubby villain with the nipple chain thing :laugh: Immortan Joe was incredible. I wonder if Toecutter from the original survived somehow - hence why he's all deformed looking and played by the same character?

Is it weird that I really, really want to be like Mad Max in that world? After seeing MM1+2 in the cinema earlier this week, I've had this huge yearning to be like that. I dunno, it's weird. :shooter:

No more dandy highway man then?

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 17th May 2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 449994)
No more dandy highway man then?

I could still bring some Adam-Ant-esque style to the apocalypse. Glam it up a bit more :p

Susan Foreman 21st May 2015 03:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Feral Slit

Why does that not surprise me?

Nordicdusk 21st May 2015 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 450602)
Feral Slit

Why does that not surprise me?

The Youth Erectus. How lovely :rolleyes:

VeZius 22nd May 2015 06:39 AM

Went to see Fury Road last night.

It was awesome! 2 hours went by quickly. Definitely adding this to the collection when it comes out. I was also thinking same as Kyle, that Max seemed more like a supporting character.

I hope the blu-ray will be filled with 'making of' stuff. The world in this is just amazing and I'd like to see what all went into making it. The vehicles and characters especially!

My Mad Max name is Imperator The Keeper.

Sobral 22nd May 2015 06:01 PM

Saw it some days ago and loved it.
In terms of story arc, it reminded me as much of westerns as it did of Robert E. Howard's Conan tales, the lone hero that finds himself in the middle of a war, helps the good guys and once everything is ok steps back, classic Conan story-telling.

StarrGust 7th August 2015 06:04 PM

I like Mad Max: Fury Road movie. Pretty decent movie, a fun watch 7.5/10