Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The Big Clint Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/1472-big-clint-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd March 2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 137747)
Yeah,his patter is great!

Where Eagles Dare -

"Hello"

mr 420 24th March 2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 137883)
Not yet, but he's still quite young and has a long career ahead of him!

ha ha! Who knows what depths Stratham will sink to in later years? Straight to video (sorry, dvd) schlock anyone? I actually don't mind his movies, you can say a lot of things about them, but they are never boring.:pop2:

Bringer Of Funerals 12th June 2011 07:12 PM

Big Clint rules - There are just so many classics that he made

Prince_Vajda 13th June 2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 157629)
Big Clint rules - There are just so many classics that he made

So many? I can't think of a single movie of his that could not be considered a classic. A really great chap, that's what he is. :rockon:

I have to watch Dirty Harry asap again!

Greetings!

platostotal 13th June 2011 08:36 PM

Read a story in a big Clint bio, when he was young he was working with a mate and the boss fired his friend so Clint put his coat on told his mate to wait-up, the boss went "what ya doing?" Clint goes "leaving with my friend, see ya". Hope I get to do something that cool before I die. 'Outlaw Josey Wales' my fave, even over 'Unforgiven'.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th June 2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 157733)
So many? I can't think of a single movie of his that could not be considered a classic. A really great chap, that's what he is. :rockon:

I have to watch Dirty Harry asap again!

Greetings!

FireFox is bloody awful except for the last half hour. It positively drags for the first 100 minutes.

Never liked Thunderbolt and Lightfoot either, that may be just me though.

Prince_Vajda 13th June 2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 157863)
Hope I get to do something that cool before I die. 'Outlaw Josey Wales'my fave, even over 'Unforgiven'.

One of my favourite Eastwood flicks, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 157866)
Never liked Thunderbolt and Lightfoot either, that may be just me though.

Yeah, that really may be just you. :lol:

Seriously, I didn't like the (sad) ending. In my eyes, this movie should have a happier ending, as the movie is great fun over quite a long time. Not one of Eastwood's best, though.

The Outlaw Josey Wales, Heartbreak Ridge and especially Kelly's Heroes are my favourites (Dirty Harry is a special category - I love it, I love it!).

Greetings!

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th June 2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 157879)

Seriously, I didn't like the (sad) ending. In my eyes, this movie should have a happier ending, as the movie is great fun over quite a long time. Not one of Eastwood's best, though.

The Outlaw Josey Wales, Heartbreak Ridge and especially Kelly's Heroes are my favourites (Dirty Harry is a special category - I love it, I love it!).

Greetings!

You're not sticking up for Firefox i see.:lol:

Prince_Vajda 13th June 2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 157882)
You're not sticking up for Firefox i see.:lol:

Let's be gentle and put it this way - I cannot deny a certain probability of this flick missing from my collection if it wasn't an Eastwood movie. :lol:

Greetings!

platostotal 14th June 2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 157879)

Greetings!

U.S. tv had some weird rules, one was robbers and villains must not be shown to get the loot and just get away with it, probably why so many bank robbing gang members get splattered in U.S. films of the 70s, It's apparently ok if one gets away if the others get their just desserts i.e 'Charlie Varrick' I remember a network took flack for showing 'The Getaway' in the 70's. Sales to tv might have affected the ending of 'Thunderbolt' (I'm not making this up) the rise of cable companies probably made many rules redundant in the 80s