Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The Big Clint Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/1472-big-clint-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th June 2008 09:30 PM

Dirty Harry

Just ordered all the new special editions of the Dirty Harry movies....all bloody classics....what this society needs is cops like Harry Callaghan...;)
Anyone else buying them?

vincenzo 10th June 2008 10:07 PM

I still think the first one is the best in the series.

Interestingly the BBFC have now downgraded it to a 15. Do you agree with this or should it still be an 18?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th June 2008 10:19 PM

15 definetly mate.....

vincenzo 10th June 2008 10:34 PM

How about the others?

The Enforcer is borderline now though I think an 18 is still justified for the other three.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th June 2008 10:38 PM

SUDDEN IMPACT and THE DEAD POOL 18 for sure mate.....

vincenzo 10th June 2008 10:42 PM

Yeah I'd agree there. Magnum Force was the only 70's Harry film originally cut by the BBFC and it's still brutal now in parts. More of an 18 than 15 IMO.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th June 2008 10:44 PM

What one had the best punchline,,,,'Go ahead make my day'.....or 'Well do ya punk?'

vincenzo 10th June 2008 10:49 PM

"You forgot your fortune cookie. It says.... your shit outta luck". http://www.shameless-films.com/forum...es/biggrin.gif

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th June 2008 10:53 PM

Dead Pool?:D
Other classics.....'How do you know he intended to commit rape?'.......'Well when I see a naked man chase a woman with a knife and a hard on,well I figure he ain't out collecting for the red cross!'......'He has a point there...':rofl:

siccoyote 11th June 2008 12:55 AM

"Just Smith, and Western, and Me."

Angel 11th June 2008 05:54 AM

Dirty Harry was the first film I ever saw on Video, x number of years ago.

Yes I also agree with the 15 as it is rather tame now. I would also rate The Enforcer 15 as well.

Paul@TheOverlook 11th June 2008 08:40 AM

I've been toying with the idea of buying the Blu-ray box set - it's very tempting, and given Warner's record for restoring their classics for the HD age, I reckon the new set will be a worthy upgrade.

Matt 11th June 2008 01:08 PM

I'm currently toying with the idea of going to see Dirty Harry in one of the Vue cinemas that are screening old films on Monday evenings through the summer. It's showing this coming Monday. Twould be great to see it on the big screen.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th June 2008 05:28 PM

Would love to see Callahan on the big screen......my old dear went into labour with me whilst waiting to get in with my old man....I kid thee not...a true story.....Glasgow city centre....fortunately the hospital's a stone's throw from there.....

Matt 12th June 2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 7991)
Would love to see Callahan on the big screen......my old dear went into labour with me whilst waiting to get in with my old man....I kid thee not...a true story.....Glasgow city centre....fortunately the hospital's a stone's throw from there.....

Did you manage to get her dropped off at the hospital in time to catch the beginning of the film?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th June 2008 05:06 PM

My mother mate,not my wife:D...it was me who as popping out!
Must've been desperate to see the film.....;)

Matt 12th June 2008 08:44 PM

Oh yeah, that is what you wrote.

"Hi, I'd like a large popcorn, a coke and a midwife"

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th June 2008 10:56 PM

:rofl::D:rofl::D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th June 2008 10:48 PM

Just watched the new special ed.......best print I've seen yet.....btw Vince it's still an 18 cert mate.......

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th June 2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 7964)
I've been toying with the idea of buying the Blu-ray box set - it's very tempting, and given Warner's record for restoring their classics for the HD age, I reckon the new set will be a worthy upgrade.

If the sdvd is anything to go by Paul,the blu-ray will be well worth it...;)

vincenzo 13th June 2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 8205)
Just watched the new special ed.......best print I've seen yet.....btw Vince it's still an 18 cert mate.......

So far the 15 downgrading applies to the cinema re-release, though the DVD reclassification is bound to follow next.

Dirty Harry BBFC Reclassification (click on Spoiler Alert for more detailed info).

bedorca 14th June 2008 06:34 AM

Dirty Harry a 15 :woot:

Long may it continue!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th June 2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 7964)

Got the sdvd boxset yesterday for Father's day Paul,the goodies you get in it mate are superb....:cool:

Paul@TheOverlook 17th June 2008 03:24 AM

I'm sorely tempted, mate, though the cheapest I've seen the BLu-ray set for is ?60 :ack:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th June 2008 11:26 PM

You even get a Dirty Harry cop id wallet.....:D

another classic from THE ENFORCER---
'I'm standing on the street corner,and Mrs Gray there comes up and propositions me.....says that for five dollars she'll put on an exhibition with a Shetland pony.....'........classic....:rofl:

WaveCrest 23rd September 2008 11:23 PM

The Dirty Harry Collection is one of the best DVD boxsets which have come out this year.

I read on the web a while ago I think, that the end song played at the end of Sudden Impact you can't get on CD. I liked that song at the end of the film.

vincenzo 23rd September 2008 11:35 PM

From what I can remember it was Roberta Flack's "This Side Of Forever". I have it on the (vinyl) Sudden Impact And The Best Of Dirty Harry compilation album which I think was given a limited CD release.

WaveCrest 24th September 2008 11:13 PM

I'll have a look on eBay for it. Thanks for the reply and info. :cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd July 2009 07:29 PM

The Big Clint Thread

Just watched Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino.What a cracker of a film!The performances were all spot on.'Big Clint' is like a malt whiskey.He just gets better and better with age whether it be directing,starring,or both.:cool:
The man is a legend.
Feel free to discuss all things Eastwood here.:woot:

vincenzo 2nd July 2009 09:26 PM

I was worried when I saw the thread title, until I noticed the 'n' in Clint. :D

I agree. Gran Torino was great stuff. The ending seems to have split people equally but I think it worked.

gax 2nd July 2009 10:07 PM

i thought a big clit Thread whats going on here then.
ive seen the ads for it and it looks good not a movie i would buy but ill deff rent it from blocky.
The dead pool is my fave clint movie a fun and chessy.its about time they started making action movies 80s style,Cobra/Deathwish 3/Commando what kick ass films

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd July 2009 06:43 PM

Hey Gax.Something I agree with you for once!:jest:
Anyone rate THE ROOKIE?

Pete 4th July 2009 10:58 AM

One of my fave Clint films is White Hunter, Black Heart; he is excellent in that movie.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th July 2009 05:40 PM

Want to see big Clints without the n,then contact Loops....:jest:

Anyone think Sondra Locke sort of wasted a lot of Eastwood's films?

Firefox is another guilty pleasure,as is CITY HEAT.

Here's a tough one;What do you reckon is Eastwood's best western?

vincenzo 4th July 2009 05:44 PM

Locke was excellent in Death Game.

Best Eastwood western. Tough one that. I liked Two Mules For Sister Sara though I'd probably lean towards one of the Dollar westerns. More likely For A Few Dollars More.

My fave Eastwood film is probably Coogan's Bluff. Dirty Harry, Play Misty For Me and The Beguiled are very close behind.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th July 2009 05:49 PM

Very tough one the westerns.....they're all great...but for sheer classy casting,UNFORGIVEN has got to be my favourite.
I haven't seen an Eastwood film yet I haven't enjoyed-with the exception of PAINT YOUR WAGON.....I talk to the trees......:rofl:

vincenzo 4th July 2009 05:54 PM

Paint Your Wagon was dire. I can't stand Firefox or Bronco Billy either.

Thunderbolt & Lightfoot is another favourite.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th July 2009 05:56 PM

Vince theenk een Rassiannn....:D

Pete 6th July 2009 08:56 AM

I dont like any of the westerns he directed himself.

Any one else like the Any Which Way films with Clyde the ape?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th July 2009 05:08 PM

Need to agree to disagree there Loopo....:D
Yeah Clyde the orangutang is cool.....:)