Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The Arnie thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/1562-arnie-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th December 2009 09:19 PM

Raw Deal gets a lot of negativity thrown at it,with people calling it one of Arnie's lesser films (have these people never seen Junior or the previously mentioned Hercules?).I think it's quite a good film.Certainly not as good as Commando (is anything?),but any film that uses The rolling Stones (I can't get no) Satisfaction on the soundtrack to accompany a shootout gets two big thumbs up from me :thumb::thumb:

Rob Strange 17th December 2009 12:16 PM

It's quality. How about the trailer?

The system gave Schwarzenegger a raw deal.

Nobody gives Schwarzenegger a raw deal!

:rockon:

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th December 2009 02:31 PM

Bought it the other day from Amazon.Still waiting for it to arrive though,hopefully tomorrow :pray:

Vampix 19th March 2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spooks (Post 38015)
yeah, anyone know what happened to the proposed 2(?)disc version of commando that was supposed to come out here a year or two ago? I heard it was gonna have the full uncut version and the uk theatrical version. I was really looking forward to that. :(:confused::pout:

I've given up on an uncut R2 release of Commando and bought the R1 Director's Cut instead.

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th March 2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 67974)
I've given up on an uncut R2 release of Commando and bought the R1 Director's Cut instead.

You were getting that annoyed at the lack of an uncut R2 that you had to let off some steam Vampix? :biggrin:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th March 2010 11:19 PM

Is the blu ray not uncut?:confused:

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th March 2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 68120)
Is the blu ray not uncut?:confused:

Yeah It's just not the Director's Cut :(

Phats 20th March 2010 12:18 AM

Has anyone else seen Stay Hungry? It's a pretty good movie but more because of Jeff Bridges than Arnie. The scenes where the bodybuilders are running down the streets and when Bridges is dancing are hilarious.

Vampix 20th March 2010 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 68090)
You were getting that annoyed at the lack of an uncut R2 that you had to let off some steam Vampix? :biggrin:

Yes, you know Fox said they were going to release an uncut R2 DVD of Commando...they lied! :biggrin:

vincenzo 20th March 2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phats (Post 68128)
Has anyone else seen Stay Hungry? It's a pretty good movie but more because of Jeff Bridges than Arnie.

Arnie was also in the absolutely chronic Scavenger Hunt. A great cast in one of the worst films I've ever seen. :ack:

Oddly enough I watched Elliott Gould's excellent Long Goodbye last night which also features a brief appearance from a young (and moustached) Schwarzenegger as one of Mark Rydell's bodyguards.