Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The Jackie Chan Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/1667-jackie-chan-thread.html)

antmumford 30th January 2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadAlive (Post 60492)
BBC2 showed it once. It was when my recording of it on VHS jammed in my player that I decided to get the Region 1 DVD.

I decided to get it on DVD too. Just bought the Taiwan UNCUT release. Can't wait till it arrives as really fancy watching it again now :laugh:

dubster75 9th February 2010 01:45 PM

having a clear out and i have a few jackie chan tapes if anyone wants them,

rumble in the bronx : small box
the young master : small box
the big brawl : small box
dragon lord : small box
first strike : small box
operation condor : small box
the tuxedo : small box
mr nice guy : big box
twin dragons : big box
the medallion : big box

i'll be keeping hold of them till this sat 13/02/10 then it'll be off to the charity shop, pm if you are intrested

Gigantor 10th February 2010 03:17 AM

Oh how have things changed ,I remember back in the day it was so hard to get most of Jackie Chans mnovies on vhs.

HunterBFH 12th February 2010 09:55 PM

So glad I haven't got any film VHS of Jackie Chan. Just DVDs that I have!

Anyway I see Jackie's new latest DVD release - S. Incidents is due out in UK soon and is a 2 disc Ultimate Edition. but I already got a HK three disc Limited Edition of this with a nice digi-packinging and a booklet inside it!

Haven't seen it just yet..but will to soon!:coolblue:

truckturner 14th February 2010 11:10 PM

What do you guys think is some of Jackie's underrated flicks. Here are some of my picks from the top of my mind:

01. Miracles
02. Heart Of A Dragon

antmumford 15th February 2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckturner (Post 62959)
What do you guys think is some of Jackie's underrated flicks. Here are some of my picks from the top of my mind:

01. Miracles
02. Heart Of A Dragon

Totally agree with your 2 to be honest, they'd be on my top 2 definitely but I'd also add Thunderbolt to it and Dragons Forever. Although Miracles is recognised to be one of his best films, if not the best.
I also really liked Battle Creek Brawl, this was his first effort at breaking America and to be honest I really enjoyed it.

PS. Cannot wait to see Shinjuku Incident :D

Splatterdragon73 20th February 2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 62966)
I also really liked Battle Creek Brawl, this was his first effort at breaking America and to be honest I really enjoyed it.

Not too bad is it?
A pretty decent film imo and not quite the disaster some would claim.

There's some moves Jackie makes in BCB he didn't (and probably couldn't now) do in his later Golden Harvest hits!

A typically good turn from the late, great Mako too.:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th February 2010 12:54 PM

Love Battle Creek Brawl,It also has a great theme by Lalo Shifrin that was used a few years ago on a commercial for trainers if memory serves me.

Splatterdragon73 20th February 2010 01:53 PM

Imo one humorous character in BCB is the tough-as-old-boots elderly matriarch gangster who appears alongside Jose Ferrer's mob boss.

"Don't 'Grandma' me you lazy fart!"

Gigantor 21st February 2010 06:57 PM

Use to watch THE BIG BRAWL/BATTLE CREEK BRAWL on TV all the time back in the day for some reason it got alot or air time:dance: