Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   What action film have you watched/bought recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/2077-what-action-film-have-you-watched-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd February 2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 64107)
Lethal Weapon is class.

Watched WHO DARES WINS the other night,couldn't help myself....can't wait to see it in HD.
There's a commentary on the SE isn't there?

There is indeed Reaps.Commentary by Director Ian Sharp and Producer Euan Lloyd.

pedromonkey 22nd February 2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 64103)
Watched Lethal Weapon last night.It's amazing to watch the progression of the series through the 4 films as the emphasis moved from thriller to action comedy and gibson's mullet got shorter.He obviously still has his australian accent in this one and is trying trying to put on an american one and for the most part he succeeds (it's nowhere near as bad as Sam Worthingtons accent in Terminator Salvation).It's also fun to watch the goofs in the movie (the handcuffs during the jumper scene,the photo's of Riggs and his wife that switch places,the yellow stickers on the prop guns,Gibson glancing at the ground to see his mark in the sniper scene from the director's cut and many more).

I really hope to god they never go ahead with LW5.I know Gibson has said he didn't want to do it but with the success of the of Rocky Balboa and Rambo and also Edge Of darkness,he could easily change his mind.

i don't think you need to worry about LW5, stevoj, Gibson has stated that he doesn't want to do another, and Richard Donner is apparently not interested and Danny Glover IS too old for this shit! (see what i did there), Gibson has also gone on record saying that would be involved in the new MAD MAX film but only in a behind the scenes position.

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd February 2010 09:32 PM

Thank god.I believe Gibson didn't want to do part 4 either and was begged to do it by Glover,so I'm not surprised he wouldn't want to do number 5.

Gigantor 23rd February 2010 04:36 AM

Dolans cadillac

pedromonkey 23rd February 2010 04:28 PM

isn't dolans cadilac a stephen king film, with christian slater, i was unaware it was an action film.

last night i watched For A Few Dollars More, enjoyable and you can see Leone picking up his visual greatness, but i still prefer A Fistful Of Dollars..

42ndStreetFreak 23rd February 2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 64205)

last night i watched For A Few Dollars More, enjoyable and you can see Leone picking up his visual greatness, but i still prefer A Fistful Of Dollars..

Yikes! Really?

I think "For a Few Dollars More" leaves "Fistful" in the sandy dirt.
Far more epic, far better character, far more entertaining and incident filled with some truly great sequences and even a better score.
Plus...a damn fine Lee Van Cleef turn and Gian Maria Volante allowed to go all out to become one of the finest Spag Western villains ever.

I have to say (great 'did you insult my horse' scene and music aside) I find "Fistful" rather dull and bland.
Although I also find "Yojimbo" rather dull for the same reasons as far as plot goes, so I guess the fault lies there as "Fistful" is an almost scene for scene remake.
I actually think (and this has similar faults even then) "Last Man Standing" is the most enjoyable of all these versions.

vincenzo 23rd February 2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 64206)
I think "For a Few Dollars More" leaves "Fistful" in the sandy dirt.
Far more epic, far better character, far more entertaining and incident filled with some truly great sequences and even a better score.

Fully agree. I prefer FAFDM, and Morricone's score is one of his finest ever. La Resi Dei Conti (60 Seconds To What/Goodbye Colonel) for me is the greatest piece of music he ever composed next to the Once Upon A Time In The West theme.

pedromonkey 23rd February 2010 05:13 PM

this was the first time i'd ever seen FAFDM, so i guess i'll learn to love it, and Lee Van Cleef was good and Gian Maria Volonte, was fantastic. while watching it did notice that Van Cleef didn't age between this and Escape from new york.

vincenzo 23rd February 2010 09:48 PM

Hard to believe he was only 5 years older than Eastwood. Even harder to believe that he's been gone 21 years now and at such a young age (64). :(

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th February 2010 11:34 AM

A couple of little video clips filmed by yours truly,from December '08 when I was down near dudley,setting up a factory with my other co-workers.There's nothing like a group of drunk scotsmen at midnight discussing the "tic-tic" of the watch in For A few Dollars more and mixing it up with the The Good The Bad And The Ugly lol.Good times :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8D5VFgVvQU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZcZnbfX4EU