Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   COBRA 1986 George P Cosmatos (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/4691-cobra-1986-george-p-cosmatos.html)

Splatterdragon73 15th October 2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 190179)
Yep, the UK Demolition Man BD features the uncut version (complete with Taco Bell references).

Good man and i'll be buying this title once the price comes down. I may even give Cobra a go in HD too despite not being a massive fan of the film.:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th October 2011 09:20 AM

And this is from blu-ray.com....

Quote:

Just in case anyone wanted to know, the UK blu-ray release of Cobra is fully uncut and contains the missing footage cut previously by the BBFC.

Splatterdragon73 15th October 2011 09:23 AM

I thought so and such news is good to know. Yours truly may just give the film a second chance once the BR hits the sales.:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th October 2011 09:25 AM

I may give it another spin soon. Did likewise with Demolition Man last week.

Prince_Vajda 15th October 2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 189409)
Anyone pick up the UK BD of this mozzarella classic?

I own the French BD (identical with the UK version). Looks great, sounds great - highly recommendable!

http://www.rockshockpop.com/screencaps/Cobra/cover.jpg

Greetings!

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th October 2011 10:40 AM

It's not often you see a French release with the title on the spine going the "right" way!

Prince_Vajda 17th October 2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 190208)
It's not often you see a French release with the title on the spine going the "right" way!

That's right. Here's another example (and another great Blu-ray as well!):

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

:)

Greetings!

Wes 18th October 2011 11:42 AM

After reading this thread I sat down to watch the film last night (rec. off TCM) and I knocked it on the head about halfway thru - I just could not get into it, the film lacked a certain something to put it in the league of say 10 To Midnight, which I was constantly comparing it to... I wonder how much money Cannon got off Pepsi for that ridicoulous sign outside Stallone's apartment ! :lol:

Prince_Vajda 19th October 2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 190818)
After reading this thread I sat down to watch the film last night (rec. off TCM) and I knocked it on the head about halfway thru - I just could not get into it, the film lacked a certain something to put it in the league of say 10 To Midnight, which I was constantly comparing it to... I wonder how much money Cannon got off Pepsi for that ridicoulous sign outside Stallone's apartment ! :lol:

Stallone is NOT Bronson...keep that in mind, and you'll think of Cobra as a decent Action flick! :nod:

Greetings!

PS: Why did you compare it to 10 to Midnight in the first place? I've seen the Bronson flick as well (and it's a great movie!), but it would NEVER come to my mind while watching Cobra... :confused:

Wes 19th October 2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 191148)
Why did you compare it to 10 to Midnight in the first place? I've seen the Bronson flick as well (and it's a great movie!), but it would NEVER come to my mind while watching Cobra... :confused:

No, you're right, there's no real link between the two, but 10 to Midnight just came to mind for no reason I can explain. Maybe 'cos both films have a slasher movie element to them I guess...

Demoncrat 19th October 2011 10:36 AM

avoided it like the proverbial plague at the time, due to it sparking a fashion trend! ahem. watched it a few tears back and thought it was one of the campest films id ever seen, homoeroticism just seeping into every frame.

does it still have that soft focus when he's in his apartment?

wayfarer 20th October 2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 191158)
avoided it like the proverbial plague at the time, due to it sparking a fashion trend! ahem. watched it a few tears back and thought it was one of the campest films id ever seen, homoeroticism just seeping into every frame.

does it still have that soft focus when he's in his apartment?

I last watched it on DVD - the badly transferred DVD and can't remember. Cobra - for me, is sh*t but good sh*t. It manages to make Bridget Nielsen look sexy then look as if she's been out drinking for a week:lol: They seem to spend more time on making Stallone look good. He has some terrible lines. What is up with that scene with the bobble head, at an outdoor market stall? Awful!
But I like the music and some of the action's not bad too. Anyone know what it was that was cut, saving me the trouble of googling it?

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th October 2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 191473)
I last watched it on DVD - the badly transferred DVD and can't remember. Cobra - for me, is sh*t but good sh*t. It manages to make Bridget Nielsen look sexy then look as if she's been out drinking for a week:lol: They seem to spend more time on making Stallone look good. He has some terrible lines. What is up with that scene with the bobble head, at an outdoor market stall? Awful!
But I like the music and some of the action's not bad too. Anyone know what it was that was cut, saving me the trouble of googling it?

When Stallone pours the gasoline on a guy at the end, the BBFC removed the line "you have right right to remain silent" before he drops the match on the guy. It reallty was a stupid cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayfarer 20th October 2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 191497)
When Stallone pours the gasoline on a guy at the end, the BBFC removed the line "you have right right to remain silent" before he drops the match on the guy. It reallty was a stupid cut.

Was that it?:shocked: it was hardly worth it. I thought it was going to be a series of knife entry scenes, not one line.:lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th October 2011 01:37 PM

Can't have an officer of the law saying something like that and then roasting someone alive. It's just not civilized :lol: Sometimes you have wonder what planet the BBFC live on.

platostotal 20th October 2011 04:57 PM

I can just see Ferman, "It's fine he burns the baddie to a husk, but we really can't have this Stallone being witty, who does he think he is...James Bond, where's my scissors" the BBFC protecting the vulnerable from wise cracks.

Nordicdusk 4th February 2016 04:42 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/1e3a5a849...gjfco1_500.gif

Nordicdusk 4th February 2016 04:44 PM

https://38.media.tumblr.com/35e2789c...gr6ro1_400.gif

bronx ratnik 25th June 2017 11:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
How many of you Cobra geeks bought this cool collectors knife set with a themed wooden box? :rockon:

I have 2x of this knife set.
Still looks very cool after many years.
This knife set is NLA.

Last year a MKII knife set was reliesed without Cobra metal emblem ontop of the lid.
This was a lesser collectors set.
Luckily I have the 2x genuine sets.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th June 2017 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronx ratnik (Post 539361)
How many of you Cobra geeks bought this cool collectors knife set with a themed wooden box? :rockon:

I have 2x of this knife set.

Still looks very cool after many years.

This knife set is NLA.

Last year a MKII knife set was reliesed without Cobra metal emblem ontop of the lid.

This was a lesser collectors set.

Luckily I have the 2x genuine sets.

That is so cool!

bronx ratnik 25th June 2017 11:36 PM

Spikes on grip handle are really sharp!
You can stab your enemy in the eyes with these spikes!
Blood will pour from enemy eyes! :whip: