Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Black Sabbath and Baron Blood - Arrow (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/10312-black-sabbath-baron-blood-arrow.html)

fuzzymctiger 9th January 2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 310395)
Actually I have no idea what grindhouse means. I'm hoping someone can enlighten me. Is that the Tarantino movie?

^^

We've not take anything down. All the clues are still there. You can also read our comment underneath the Foxy pic ;) The book's still available...

Must just be the bloody Facebook app screwing up. Sorry. (Yep, they're not there on my iPad).

Oops. The foxy brown ones the book. But, any chance of the blaxploitation title being, Blacula!? :pray:

Although, im very excited for the Grindhouse titles, and the splatter-sicky, especially if it's a fave of yours.

Keep up the good work!

PaulD 9th January 2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 310395)
Actually I have no idea what grindhouse means. I'm hoping someone can enlighten me. Is that the Tarantino movie?

*Rolls eyes*

No, Grindhouse just means "a collection of trailers" :)

Buboven 9th January 2013 12:16 AM

I believe that the term comes from the 'bump and grind' dance venues on New York's 42nd street cinema strip where these old exploitation/grindhouse pics were then subsequently shown.

fuzzymctiger 9th January 2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 310400)
No, Grindhouse just means "a collection of trailers" :)

It's also the name for a filter, which you can stick over a movie to make it look like shit. ;)

fuzzymctiger 9th January 2013 12:46 AM

Clue No.4

"A great director with an underrated gem. Another one not seen in the UK since the days of VHS. And it's another one we love to bits..."

Could it be Sorcerer? (Now I'm dreaming)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th January 2013 07:11 AM

Lair of the White Worm perhaps?

fuzzymctiger 9th January 2013 07:18 AM

Oh, and my interpretation of slasher-sicky was wrong. I think it's more of a typical slasher.

Also, Im feeling pretty confident that the grindhouse one is I Drink Your Blood. Calum said its a fave of his, and it fits the bill.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th January 2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 310424)
Oh, and my interpretation of slasher-sicky was wrong. I think it's more of a typical slasher.

Also, Im feeling pretty confident that the grindhouse one is I Drink Your Blood. Calum said its a fave of his, and it fits the bill.

That would be great, and the one I mentioned in Ant's thread.

Baseball Fury 9th January 2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 310407)
Clue No.4

"A great director with an underrated gem. Another one not seen in the UK since the days of VHS. And it's another one we love to bits..."

Could it be Sorcerer? (Now I'm dreaming)

THE KEEP!

Buboven 9th January 2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 310618)
THE KEEP!

That would be EPIC!. I wouldn't buy it though unless we finally see Mann's director's cut.