Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Sleepless (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/1198-arrow-video-sleepless.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th February 2010 02:40 PM

The opening was so good that they used an image from it to promote the film in a lot of countries,including the UK.

nekromantik 20th February 2010 02:59 PM

Its just been sent to me today.
Should have it by Tuesday :)

Zombie Dude 14th March 2010 09:27 AM

What a great release this was. Got the dvd a few weeks back and really enjoyed it. The film was really good for one of Argento's modern efforts and the packaging was great. Love the art!:biggrin:

Almar@Cult Labs 14th March 2010 10:24 AM

I remember sitting down to watch it for the first time after years of Argento dreck and those first 20 minutes - wow!

Zombie Dude 14th March 2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 66970)
I remember sitting down to watch it for the first time after years of Argento dreck and those first 20 minutes - wow!

Yeah the train scene is easily on of the best bits of the movie. Great suspense. I also found the cat crying scene to be a bit unnerving. It creped me out a little I must admit.

Almar@Cult Labs 14th March 2010 10:28 AM

It was a rare return to form alright but I always thought the artwork was a real letdown - hence one of the reasons why it was time for something all new.

Zombie Dude 14th March 2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 66974)
It was a rare return to form alright but I always thought the artwork was a real letdown - hence one of the reasons why it was time for something all new.

Yeah I hadn't even heard of the film till I saw the arrow release. That's when I searched the movie a bit and as you said, the art was rather dull. One of the covers I saw seemed to have nothing to do with the movie at all. I must say that the flip-side of the Arrow release isn't very eye catching either. I thought the painted cover was brilliant though.

Almar@Cult Labs 14th March 2010 10:34 AM

The flipside is the original Italian poster - that I find outrageous - they used to produce mad insane posters to match and often better the films.

Zombie Dude 14th March 2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 66985)
The flipside is the original Italian poster - that I find outrageous - they used to produce mad insane posters to match and often better the films.

:lol: It's true. I learnt pretty quickly not to judge the quality of an Italian film on its poster. Looks like Sleepless wasn't marketed to great in Italy.

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th June 2010 11:24 AM

Tbh,I wouldn't have the 1st idea how you check if a transfer is progressive or interlaced. :confused: