Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   New Event for Romero fans!! NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIE HUNTERS in Scotland and Ireland. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/1662-new-event-romero-fans-night-zombie-hunters-scotland-ireland.html)

Calum 8th September 2009 04:06 PM

New Event for Romero fans!! NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIE HUNTERS in Scotland and Ireland.

We've been sitting on this exciting news for a wee bit - hope we can count on your support! At the moment, this announcement is exclusive to Cult Labs!

Following the phenomenal success of the sold out Weekend of Italian Terror Event at the Glasgow Film Theatre Arrow Video has teamed up with the great Cult Fiction store in Edinburgh (www.cultfictionmovies.com) to celebrate the Blu-Ray launch of DAWN OF THE DEAD. :woot:

Yes, just before Halloween, Glasgow horror buffs will be treated to NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIE HUNTERS: a delicious double bill of DAWN OF THE DEAD and DAY OF THE DEAD on the big screen on MONDAY, OCTOBER 26TH.

Once again, this will take place at the fabled Glasgow Film Theatre (www.gft.org.uk) and, once again, we will be bringing you some quality guests!

Attending the screening of DAWN OF THE DEAD will be horror icon Ken Foree - conducting an exclusive Q and A with the audience afterwards.

And for DAY OF THE DEAD we will be bringing you Captain Rhodes himself: Mr. Joe Pilato - one of fear-film's most memorable villains, live and in-person!

:woot:

The show is expected to kick off at 5.30pm. Tickets will be on sale soon - I will confirm when just as soon as I know myself!

We have TWO more dates still to announce: One in Ireland and another Scottish one!

Stay tuned for more details! (Including news of a particularly gnarly aftershow party!)

Please visit: www.arrowfilms.co.uk
Please visit: www.cultfictionmovies.com

:cool:

mbv 8th September 2009 05:26 PM

Horrorthon?? I won't tell anyone;)

Calum 8th September 2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbv (Post 40913)
Horrorthon?? I won't tell anyone;)

Should be able to confirm for that you soon!

Kyle 8th September 2009 06:00 PM

awesome i hope i can make it to this calum id love to see them on the big screen :woot::woot:

Calum 8th September 2009 06:21 PM

We'd love your support! It should make for a great night!

Kyle 8th September 2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 40919)
We'd love your support! It should make for a great night!

well ive just checked trian prices and i f i book soon it will only be £18 each way, now just got to find somewhere to stay for cheap.

im just hoping the aftershow party will be on the 26th
anyone else going?

Calum 8th September 2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 40923)
well ive just checked trian prices and i f i book soon it will only be £18 each way, now just got to find somewhere to stay for cheap.

im just hoping the aftershow party will be on the 26th
anyone else going?

Just to let ya know we're actually doing an aftershow for a yet to be revealed screening on the 25th. It will be a private 'un but any friends of Cult Labs are friends of mine - drop me PM and I'll see you're there!

Kyle 8th September 2009 07:30 PM

that sounds great and ill defo let you know soon :cool:

thanx calum

trench 8th September 2009 08:25 PM

Ireland you say, oh yes hopefully close to me.....

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th September 2009 08:32 PM

Need to try and make this one.:clap:

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th September 2009 09:49 AM

ooooooooo nice.And I don't work that particular night of the week :D

Pete 9th September 2009 10:12 AM

I'm definitely comming back up. I already have a place to stay, just need to sort out train tickets.

Calum 9th September 2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 40978)
I'm definitely comming back up. I already have a place to stay, just need to sort out train tickets.

And where that might be? :suspicious:

Will be good to see you again! It's fantastic to have such positive feedback for this and I can assure you that it will be a great night and a chance to meet some top genre personalities.

Pete 9th September 2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 40979)
And where that might be? :suspicious:

Will be good to see you again! It's fantastic to have such positive feedback for this and I can assure you that it will be a great night and a chance to meet some top genre personalities.

Not telling!

I cant wait to come back. I have no doubt it will be as good as if not better than the italian horror event.

I reccomend everyone to stop everything they are doing and go up to the land of the Kilt.

I'm not going to ask Foree about Dawn. Instead i'm going to ask him about Keenan and Kel!:biggrin:

Calum 9th September 2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 40980)
Not telling!

I cant wait to come back. I have no doubt it will be as good as if not better than the italian horror event.

I reccomend everyone to stop everything they are doing and go up to the land of the Kilt.

I'm not going to ask Foree about Dawn. Instead i'm going to ask him about Keenan and Kel!:biggrin:

If you really want to wind him up ask him about Sleepstalker (www.imdb.com/title/tt0114473

I've actually been around Ken when fans have asked about "Keenan and Kel" so you won't be the first! One of my old uni mates used to watch that religiously because Ken was in it!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th September 2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 40980)
Not telling!

Hmm I wonder :biggrin:.....you coming yourself?

Calum 14th September 2009 02:12 PM

So you ready for the next screening confirmation?

For those who don't live in Glasgow fear not.... Our zombie double bill is coming to:

SUNDAY THE 25TH AT THE CAMEO PICTUREHOUSE IN EDINBURGH

http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/cinem...x?venueId=edbg

Yup, on the 25th, Cinema One at Edinburgh's LEGENDARY Cameo Picturehouse (which has the comfiest seats known to anyone) will present DAWN OF THE DEAD, with Mr. Ken Foree live and in-person, and DAY OF THE DEAD, with star Joe Pilato in attendance.

You don't need me to tell you what an INCREDIBLE double bill this is! DON'T MISS IT! :woot:

We're also gonna have some cool giveaways at this one.

I will let you all know when tickets are on sale.

So what does that leave?

Oh yeah... Ireland.

I'll have news on that one soon!

Remember: As with the Italian Terror Weekend, by supporting these screenings you help to cement future events like this, with iconic guests and a great atmosphere.

:cool:

(Special thanks to a certain Robbie McKay of The Edinburgh B-Team who really pushed for the Cameo date following his own jam-packed Lloyd Kaufman double bill last month. If you see me in Edinburgh I may force you to buy him, and Stewart from the Cult Fiction store, a drink!)

Calum 14th September 2009 02:21 PM

And to state the obvious - you may want to get Ken to sign that new "Dawn" Blu Ray! :cool:

Pete 18th September 2009 10:01 AM

Just been asked to post this:

Sunday 25 October sees a very special event. From 6pm we will be screening DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978) followed by an in-person Q&A with the star Ken Foree and then DAY OF THE DEAD followed by an in-person Q&A with the star Joe Pilato. Every audience member will get a merchandise goody bag and a signing will follow the event.

Tickets priced at a bargain £10 Full/£8 Concession will go on sale at 11am on Saturday 26 September via the booking line on 0871 704 2052 or in person at the box office. There will be no online sale of the tickets. Demand is likely to be very high so early booking is recommended to avoid disappointment.
This event is in association with
Arrow Video www.arrowfilms.co.uk
Cult Fiction www.cultfictionmovies.com

Calum 18th September 2009 04:59 PM

Word starting to spread:

http://dvdtrash.blogspot.com/

http://itsonitsgone.wordpress.com/20...n-of-the-dead/

GFT tickets should be on sale soon too!

trench 20th September 2009 03:03 PM

Any news yet on the Irish event Calum?

Calum 20th September 2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trench (Post 42088)
Any news yet on the Irish event Calum?

Believe it or not but the Ireland one was the first date we confirmed... However, I am under strict orders not to say a peep until the venue hosting the event announces it first.

That said, I can confirm it's going to be a screening of Day of the Dead followed by Mr. Foree's newie Zone of the Dead:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1191971/

So the announcement, when it does come, will be worth waiting for!

:woot:

Calum 21st September 2009 06:57 PM

Glasgow Film Theatre details now available:

http://www.gft.org.uk/content/defaul...ate=10/26/2009

Pete 22nd September 2009 12:00 PM

For some reason i cant seem to access their site!

Calum 22nd September 2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 42312)
For some reason i cant seem to access their site!

Yeah they are having some web site trouble it would seem. In the meantime there's a nice news burst on the Fangoria web site:

http://fangoria.com/home/news/27-int...creenings.html

Calum 24th September 2009 11:55 AM

OK this GFT link to ticket sales should now work:

http://gft.org.uk/content/default.as...ate=10/26/2009

Pete 24th September 2009 12:02 PM

It works!

Might buy a ticket for Glasgay!:biggrin:

Wilson Bros 24th September 2009 12:04 PM

Bugger - we'd love to come, but sadly it's not possible :(

Kev & Nick W

Calum 26th September 2009 12:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson Bros (Post 42513)
Bugger - we'd love to come, but sadly it's not possible :(

Kev & Nick W

That's unfortunate lads. Maybe next time? (You don't honestly think we're not planning another event?)

At the moment, it is worth reminding everyone that tickets for the Cameo event go on sale tomorrow at 11am sharp:

http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/news_...d=edbg&id=1932

And it's also worth attaching the below pic, taken just outside the cinema earlier tonight!

(Special thanks as well for those who have already tried to buy tickets at the box office... Not long to wait!) :woot:

Almar@Cult Labs 26th September 2009 12:04 AM

Here's that pic just a bit bigger...

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ates/photo.jpg

This is the cinema I used to stare into every time I went past as a kid - it was shut down in those days - miracle it ever re-opened and great to see such a cool event taking place there.

Kyle 26th September 2009 07:10 AM

im so gutted, i was planning on going and then when ive checked the train prices ive missed out on the cheaper tickets so now it would cost me about £80 to get there :pout:

so maybe next year (or even better bring it to stoke on trent)

Calum 26th September 2009 01:28 PM

So shall we get the Dublin date CONFIRMED then?

Saturday 24th October, Horrorthon, Irish Film Institute, Temple Bar, Dublin.

15.45: Day of the Dead (with Joe Pilato in attendance for audience Q&A).

18.00: PREMIERE: Zone of the Dead (this hotly tipped Romero homage will have the star, Ken Foree, in attendance for an audience Q&A).

Tickets: +353 1 6793477 www.horrorthon.com :woot:

For more info on Zone of the Dead check here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1191971/

Before anyone asks: Arrow is not affiliated with Zone of the Dead. Rather, it seemed fitting that - because this was showing at Horrorthon - Ken appear at the festival. And, no doubt, there will be some promotion for the Dawn Blu Ray there too.

The full programme for the weekend will be up at Horrorthon soon. Anyone planning to attend?

If so I trust you'll say hello! :o

mbv 26th September 2009 09:08 PM

Yep I'll be there for that!!

ludovico 1st October 2009 08:16 PM

hi new member here

yep i am driving up from liverpool for this going to both in scotland

does anybody know if ken and joe are charging for autographs thanks

o yer 1 more thing myself and some other members from homepage of the dead are meeting up for a drink and some food anybody here is more than welcome to come along for some hospitality

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st October 2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 42724)
im so gutted, i was planning on going and then when ive checked the train prices ive missed out on the cheaper tickets so now it would cost me about £80 to get there :pout:

so maybe next year (or even better bring it to stoke on trent)

Yeah I've been down to stoke-on-trent a few times.Just over £80 for a return ticket from glasgow.Bloody shocking price BS :mad:

Kyle 1st October 2009 08:31 PM

yeah its mental:der: like i said im so gutted it sounds like it would be a great night

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st October 2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludovico (Post 43342)

does anybody know if ken and joe are charging for autographs thanks

Deodato and Bava didn't at the last one mate,so I doubt they will at this.

ludovico 1st October 2009 10:17 PM

ok thanks for the info mate

ludovico 1st October 2009 11:38 PM

so is the only place we can buy this blur ray dawn from is

Edinburgh, Scotland’s new Cult Fiction DVD store

if so does anybody have the address
and will the store be open on the day of the screening
as it is sunday

may be a stupid question but wanted to know
thanks

Pete 2nd October 2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludovico (Post 43342)
hi new member here

yep i am driving up from liverpool for this going to both in scotland

Hi ludovico. Im heading up from Liverpool as well:cool:

I was up for the last one and i'm not going to miss this.