Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Street Trash (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/1762-arrow-video-street-trash.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 18th October 2009 01:01 AM

Arrow Video - Street Trash

Should have the Street Trash cover for you soon!

phaded 18th October 2009 12:48 PM

Looking forward to it :)

Splatterdragon73 22nd October 2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 44903)
Should have the Street Trash cover for you soon!

If this release boasts any exclusive extras over Synapse's 2-disc 'Meltdown' edition then i'll be interested. Otherwise i may well give Arrow's ST DVD a miss.

It all depends on the bonus material for me personally.:happy:

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd October 2009 01:56 PM

I'll get ST just for the cover :nod: More money than sense me lol

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd October 2009 02:00 PM

Almar did say that Street Trash was moved into January to give director Roy Frumkes some extra time to cook up another extra.So looks like it will have something that isn't on the Synapse dvd

Splatterdragon73 22nd October 2009 02:06 PM

If this is the case then i'll definitely be up for a copy but i guess only time will tell and let's hope Roy Frumkes delivers the body meltin' goods.:happy:

Rob Strange 22nd October 2009 09:42 PM

Such a dirty, cool film. Tis' very well shot. An exploding tramp is hilarious. A flying cock is too funny. :eek: :laugh:

I only own the single disc Synapse release, so this is a definite buy for me. I didn't know Arrow were releasing it until reading this. Does anyone know when's it due out?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd October 2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 45438)
Almar did say that Street Trash was moved into January to give director Roy Frumkes some extra time to cook up another extra.So looks like it will have something that isn't on the Synapse dvd

Seems like January mate.
Give you something to look forward to in the most depressing month of the year!;)

Rob Strange 23rd October 2009 01:33 PM

With Crimbo done and dusted, what could be depressing about January? ;) Bah - pre-emptive humbug. :party:

Almar@Cult Labs 23rd October 2009 02:16 PM

How odd - I could have sworn that I posted the Street Trash before I left...!

Ok here it now is!!!!

From Rick Melton... or just plain Melted!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...rontSleeve.jpg

:ack:

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd October 2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 45579)
How odd - I could have sworn that I posted the Street Trash before I left...!

Ok here it now is!!!!

From Rick Melton... or just plain Melted!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...rontSleeve.jpg

:ack:

Rick has done us proud yet again :clap:

Kyle 23rd October 2009 02:20 PM

damn i was nt going to get this as i have the meltdown edition but now ive seen this artwork how can i say no :mmph:

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd October 2009 02:22 PM

Any hint of goodies we can expect on the disc yet Almar?

Philleh 23rd October 2009 02:30 PM

Pass that Viper bottle!! :woot:

Almar@Cult Labs 23rd October 2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 45584)
Any hint of goodies we can expect on the disc yet Almar?

No not as yet - waiting to see what Frumkes comes up with I think.

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd October 2009 02:45 PM

Not to worry.The new artwork is enough to make me buy it :nod:

Rob Strange 23rd October 2009 04:08 PM

Aye, it looks dandy.

Splatterdragon73 24th October 2009 10:47 AM

Very impressive to look at and another of Rick's designs i can approve of so well done. Great artwork!:happy:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th October 2009 02:13 PM

Another great piece of artwork from Rick. :clap:

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th October 2009 02:49 PM

Love the art that much I made it my desktop background :nod:

Almar@Cult Labs 24th October 2009 03:00 PM

Cool - glad people are liking it - I think it's great fun.

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th October 2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 45707)
Cool - glad people are liking it - I think it's great fun.

Much like the film itself

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th October 2009 03:55 PM

Love the cover - should be a great release if Frumkes comes up with some special new extras.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th October 2009 11:12 PM

Looks good.Love the artwork.:clap:

Vampix 4th November 2009 05:38 AM

Never seen Street Trash so Arrow's new DVD will definitely be on my shopping list, along with Silent Night, Deadly Night. :cool:

Pete 3rd December 2009 02:18 PM

Arrow's Street Trash has just been classified with an '18'(unsurprisingly).

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd December 2009 02:26 PM

Was anyone really expecting a PG?!

vincenzo 3rd December 2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 51320)

:pound: :pound:

Pete 3rd December 2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 51320)

No, I expeced a U.

Almar@Cult Labs 3rd December 2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 51319)
Arrow's Street Trash has just been classified with an '18'(unsurprisingly).

Some films still have it!

JAMIOUSE 3rd December 2009 06:48 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing Street Trash I've heard a fair bit about it, one of mates at work has an old VHS of it and he's always on about it.

Almar@Cult Labs 3rd December 2009 07:54 PM

It's a film that sure stays with you!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd December 2009 07:56 PM

'Street Trash,it's the only life I know,Street Trash.....':dance::dance:

Almar@Cult Labs 11th December 2009 10:57 PM

So folks - time for the official press release for the TWO DISC!!! release of Street Trash:

STREET TRASH

“STREET TRASH MAKES JOHN WATERS LOOK LIKE MARY POPPINS.” – WES CRAVEN.

One of the most outrageous and unforgettable cult classics of 1980s schlock cinema, the gross-out horror-comedy STREET TRASH comes to DVD in January 2010 as a special two-disc edition, not only completely restored and totally uncut, but also loaded with over two hours of extra features including a brand new, exclusive to the UK interview with actress Jane Arakawa (who plays Wendy in the movie) plus a comprehensive, feature-length look back at the making of the film through the eyes of the creative talents responsible for bringing this insane gore-fest to the screen. This release also comes with a reversible sleeve that gives fans the choice of displaying the movie’s original UK rental video artwork or a newly commissioned piece of oil painting artwork, plus a poster of the same.

Hailed as “funny and gross and mortifying and frightening, and loaded with talent, wit and imagination on both sides of the camera” by Oscar winning director Jonathan Demme (The Silence Of The Lambs), STREET TRASH is an unbelievably gory and hilarious exercise in cinematic bad taste that “ranks among the debut films of George Romero, Tobe Hooper, Sam Raimi and Wes Craven” (Mad Magazine, Paris).

Prepare to witness a molten hobo holocaust as the homeless denizens of New York City’s skid row and its nearby junkyards fall foul to the irresistible taste of Tenafly Viper, an alcoholic delight that brings a whole new meaning to the term “gut rot”. When a local liquor store owner discovers a case of out-of-date Viper in his basement, little does he know that selling it off cheap to the bums who frequent his store will have the devastating effect of turning those who even sip the brew into a exploding and melting, Day-Glo masses of liquefied flesh and bone. And a lot of them want to sip it!

Directed by Michael J. Muro (today a prolific and highly respected Director of Photography and Steadicam Operator whose impressive list of credits includes award winning blockbusters such of “Crash”, “Titanic”, “Heat” and “Terminator 2” to name a few) and co-written by Muro and Roy Frumkes (director of the George A. Romero documentary, “Document Of The Dead”), STREET TRASH is one movie that, prior to its release, nobody had ever seen the likes of which before, and it’s highly unlikely we’ll ever see anything quite like it again.

So, if you want to see a movie that plays fast and loose with graphically exploding tramps, opportunistic necrophilia (don’t ask) and a random game of “catch” in which one unfortunate desperately tries to retrieve his severed penis, you need to look no further than STREET TRASH. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed.

The two-disc STREET TRASH (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£15.99) by Arrow Video on 11th January 2010. Special Features include: “The Meltdown Memoirs” feature; a UK exclusive interview with Jane Arakawa (Wendy). :bunny:

Pete 11th December 2009 11:02 PM

Oh yes!

:dance::dance:

Gigantor 12th December 2009 01:20 AM

I second that
:dance: :dance:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th December 2009 09:06 AM

Sounds awesome Almar! :cool:

I wasn't going to pick this up, having the Synapse 2 Disc SE, but with that UK exclusive interview and the awesome cover art - I think I'm going to have to pick this up now too! :nod: :dance:

Any news on other special features yet? ;) :poke:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 12th December 2009 09:18 AM

I third that
:dance: :dance:

Adding 'WOOOOOOO! Hell yeaaah' to it! :p

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th December 2009 10:09 AM

Dont think i'll pick this one up as I already have the 2 disc Meltdown Edition,the coverart and interview aren't enought to make me part with more money........................haha I jest of course.I'll be all over this like a rash :D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th December 2009 12:12 PM

Add this to City of the Living Dead at the top of my most anticipated horror releases of 2010!