Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - City Of The Living Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/1772-arrow-video-city-living-dead.html)

Yerffoeg Samoht 20th July 2011 06:00 PM

greetings to everyone, please forgive my ignorance if this has been brought up before but having read to a decent portion of this thread I'm not really finding it ideal to read all 160-something pages. The Blu-ray of City of the Living Dead, while infinitely better than my old vipco dvd the picture has a kind of snowy effect on the screen throughout most of the film. Has anyone else had anything at all like this because I'm wondering if I've picked up a dodgy copy?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th July 2011 06:18 PM

City of the Living Dead does have pretty heavy grain and I'm glad it's intact and the HD print Arrow bought didn't remove all the grain by DNR, turning everyone into waxworks.

Anyway, welcome to Cult Labs Thomas Geoffrey (I'm guessing that's your real name!).

Yerffoeg Samoht 20th July 2011 07:00 PM

Close! It's not so much what I'd describe as grain. Looks more like snow. The picture itself is sharp and bright but it looks like a layer of snow over the top. Strange thing is it's not on my vipco dvd although the actual picture definition on that is fuzzy as a duck. Don't mind if arrow's bluray is how it's meant to look just got no one to ask but you good folk.

Yerffoeg Samoht 20th July 2011 07:11 PM

Close! It's not so much what I'd describe as grain. Looks more like snow. The picture itself is sharp and bright but it looks like a layer of snow over the top. Strange thing is it's not on my vipco dvd although the actual picture definition on that is fuzzy as a duck. Don't mind if arrow's bluray is how it's meant to look just got no one to ask but you good folk.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th July 2011 07:37 PM

You tried a different visual setting mate?

Sometimes when I play older films on the 'Dynamic' setting,they look more 'snowy'....

Yerffoeg Samoht 20th July 2011 07:52 PM

How does it compare to the Beyond Blu-Ray in you guys opinion?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th July 2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yerffoeg Samoht (Post 167530)

I'm not sure as I haven't watched my replacement disc all the way through yet. They clearly come from very different masters due to the level of grain which is heavier in City than The Beyond.

I'm sure someone else will be able to tell you in more detail though.

antmumford 20th July 2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yerffoeg Samoht (Post 167530)

Nowhere near as good in my eyes. I think The Beyond has the best PQ of all Arrow Video releases so far, it looked stunning on my TV.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

vinncent 20th July 2011 08:18 PM

Yeah...Beyonds pic quality was really nice on the replacement disc!!

Yerffoeg Samoht 20th July 2011 08:38 PM

The Beyond is gorgeous to look at on Arrow's BluRay. Clear and sharp and bright. The weird thing with City is the picture looks sharp and clear underneath what looks like a layer of snow. But it sounds like it might well be normal.
P.s. I nearly popped in my panties when i saw Maniac Cop on BluRay coming from arrow!