Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - City Of The Living Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/1772-arrow-video-city-living-dead.html)

Rob Strange 15th December 2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 52539)
Yep Duval waived the cuts to many of the old video nasties. Cemetery hadn't long received a prosecution (ditto for Zombie Flesh Eaters, Axe and Blood Feast) so the eventual release had to be slightly trimmed due to the then BBFC policy at the time.

I miss that transitional period when cuts were being waived for the first time. I didn't own a laserdisc or US VHS player, so it was very exciting to finally see so much extra footage.

Rob Strange 15th December 2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 51889)
Martin was briefly going to be a Blu-ray and because we deal in advance info on here we all knew that but then it had to be canned as the quality wasn't good enough so do bear in mind things change but the plan is a DVD and a Blu-ray release for City all being well.

No Martin blu ray? That's disappointing. Still, as you say, it wasn't officially announced.

Almar@Cult Labs 15th December 2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 53282)
Just want to chime in here and say my own positive words about Mike Baronas - a real saint among men!

I just saw the Blu Ray (R1) of The New York Ripper too - a sterling job in HD for that ol' misogynistic slasher outing.

Let's hope more Fulci gets this turnaround in the UK!

Calum you fancy telling the good folks a little about what you've been up to over the weekend?

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th December 2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 53316)
Calum you fancy telling the good folks a little about what you've been up to over the weekend?

Very intrigued now.........

Calum 15th December 2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 53316)

Talk about being put on the spot!

Okay! I think it is far too early to really say anything but rest assured some of us have been working hell for leather trying to give you guys something amazing for City of the Living Dead. And I do not mean a 10 minute featurette... Oh no...

I hope Almar will confirm that we came up with some real goodies at very short notice.

A lot (and I mean A LOT) of love and sweat has gone into this and I just hope you guys feel we did right by the film.

Pete 15th December 2009 06:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Roll on 2010!:dance:

BTW: Does anyone else think this dutch cover art for City is crap?:

Attachment 3753

Rob Strange 15th December 2009 07:11 PM

Very crap. The plain black Vipco cover is better - and that's crap.

Pete 15th December 2009 07:16 PM

Ha yes!:biggrin:

I'll be interested to see what Rick comes up with for this one.

DVD Trash 15th December 2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 53325)
Talk about being put on the spot!

Okay! I think it is far too early to really say anything but rest assured some of us have been working hell for leather trying to give you guys something amazing for City of the Living Dead. And I do not mean a 10 minute featurette... Oh no...

I hope Almar will confirm that we came up with some real goodies at very short notice.

A lot (and I mean A LOT) of love and sweat has gone into this and I just hope you guys feel we did right by the film.

Yeah, I was over with Calum in Rome, and rest assured I think you all are going to enjoy this release! We've both worked (and will continue to work) very hard on COTLD! What we fitted into 3 days in Rome was miracle worthy!

42ndStreetFreak 15th December 2009 07:19 PM

Much appreciation for all the hard (if damn fun) work you guys are doing.

And yeah...That Dutch cover is horrendous!