Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow should do a forgotten sci-fi collection (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2311-arrow-should-do-forgotten-sci-fi-collection.html)

Gojirosan 7th April 2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertzombie (Post 72298)
I have two pirate copies of No Blade Of Grass, a cut version which is lovely quality, and an uncut version which is a bit shoddy. I'm yet to watch either of them, but the book from which they originate, The Death Of Grass, is a personal favourite of mine and I hope the film does it justice!

Excellent, excellent book! :cool:

pedromonkey 7th April 2010 10:43 PM

love No Blade of Grass, not read the book though. Would love to see a proper release as it's a fantastic End of Word survibal film, a Precurser if you will to the excellent 70s show Survivors..

the blob 10th July 2010 05:30 PM

I've been waiting for a DVD of Damnation Alley for years! I also noticed 'Bug' doesn't have a UK release. I've got the US Paramount one but I think that's gone OOP now.

pedromonkey 10th July 2010 05:35 PM

Damnation Ally needs a release so badly, i need to see those giant scorpions on a pristine print. Only other film apart from Hooper, that i can watch Jan Michael Vincent in.

the blob 11th July 2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 91380)
Damnation Ally needs a release so badly, i need to see those giant scorpions on a pristine print. Only other film apart from Hooper, that i can watch Jan Michael Vincent in.

I can handle him in The Mechanic as well but that's about it. :)

I remember Anchor Bay got my hopes up for Damnation Allley years ago but alas.. The Itunes Fox version only be 4:3 doesn't bode well either.

Going back through the thread, Monolith Monsters is available in a decent print on the Universal Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection. The set was originally in two parts and only available at Best Buy in the US. I only have the second part now because part 1 was going for big money so i quickly sold it for $100 when they announced it was going to go on general release! Now i have to rebuy it or sell part 2 and buy the complete set. :decision:

I do love the artwork for the Spanish L'Atelier 13 releases. It's about halfway down the page here:

L'Atelier 13

Mansonsblood 20th July 2010 11:42 AM

I believe there were problems finding a decent master for Damnation Alley.

I'm still waiting for legit releases of a lot of sixties sci-fi on DVD from the big studios like...

The Time Travellers (have a bootleg copy)
Cyborg 2087
The Power
Project X
The Green Slime

...and others I can't think of now...

pedromonkey 20th July 2010 06:56 PM

oh man the Green Slime, why is that not available, a classic Fukasaku movie