Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Inferno - The Archive (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2404-arrow-video-inferno-archive.html)

Angel 24th February 2010 06:21 AM

Yes the way the cat was being carried was cruel, you can see it struggling.

vincenzo 24th February 2010 10:45 AM

Yes it's an unpleasant (and pretty pointless) scene. The similar scene in Alice Sweet Alice (Communion) was even worse.

Arrrrrrrach 24th February 2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 64287)
Yes the way the cat was being carried was cruel, you can see it struggling.

It's not the cruellest thing in the world, but not recommended for adult cats.

Mbarr 24th February 2010 02:35 PM

I have the old AB disc & the new(ish) Italian release on Fox, great to see it in Italian dub with Eng subs. The Italian is a great disc, a lot clearer than the AB disc & it has a different color palette (colors aren't as blown out as the AB disc) what one is correct who knows? a new print with a balance between both would be good. check out a comparison between the AB & Fox HERE

Angel 24th February 2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrrrrrrach (Post 64335)
It's not the cruellest thing in the world, but not recommended for adult cats.

Yes it's the way one would carry a kitten perhaps but definitely not an adult cat.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th February 2010 05:52 PM

How do you all reckon Inferno shapes up to SUSPIRIA?
It's a pretty damn good second installment.
The underwater sequence is incredible.:nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th February 2010 05:54 PM

Far too early for any artwork Almar?

I've always thought the original artwork was pretty cool.
Be interesting to see what Rick comes up with!:nod:

Calum 24th February 2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 64352)
It's a pretty damn good second installment.
The underwater sequence is incredible.:nod:

My second fave Argento movie mate - second only to Suspiria. And definitely one of my top horror films ever. If you're going to FrightFest this weekend you should ask Alan Jones to show you his Inferno tattoo!

I was thrilled to find out Arrow are putting this out: such a classic! :cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th February 2010 06:03 PM

Agreed Calum.
Unfortunately I won't be at frightfest.:(

Almar@Cult Labs 24th February 2010 07:28 PM

I actually prefer Inferno myself and no there's no artwork as yet - Rick is currently on Caligula duty!

P-Mac 24th February 2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 64396)
I actually prefer Inferno myself and no there's no artwork as yet - Rick is currently on Caligula duty!

Caligula's already out as a huge DVD package. It's not getting another release is it?

Pete 24th February 2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 64396)

I'd love to see what Rick comes up with for that.

Inferno is my 3rd fave Argento film behind Tenebrae and Deep Red.

Almar@Cult Labs 24th February 2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-Mac (Post 64397)
Caligula's already out as a huge DVD package. It's not getting another release is it?

It's getting a Blu-ray release AV style!

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th February 2010 09:23 PM

Inferno is another title that I've not seen in years.Looking forward to reacquainting myself with it :nod:

vincenzo 24th February 2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 64352)

My 4th favourite Argento film after Suspiria, Profondo Rosso and Tenebrae.

nekromantik 24th February 2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 64401)
It's getting a Blu-ray release AV style!

Will it have different features to the BFI bluray release?

That was a pretty good packaging. I own the US 3 disc set so didnt buy the UK blu, not a movie I would double dip on :lol:

Splatterdragon73 27th February 2010 01:41 PM

Inferno pre-ordered by yours truly as of yesterday!:)

Almar@Cult Labs 27th February 2010 01:43 PM

Crikey - we'd better get cracking on making it good then! :nod:

Splatterdragon73 27th February 2010 01:52 PM

All good things come to those who wait and Arrow have been giving us a few good things lately!
Hopefully Inferno will be another triumph for the company.:)

Daemonia 28th February 2010 12:27 AM

Brilliant! It's about time this got a decent UK release. Time for it to be brought from the vaults of the video nasties and shown for the masterwork it truly is.

Splatterdragon73 28th February 2010 10:08 AM

Damn right and hopefully Arrow can come up with a release comparable to the U.S. edition. Fully uncut this time around too with a bit of luck!:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th February 2010 04:21 PM

There wasn't really much on the U.S. edition.An Introduction by Dario Argento,the theatrical trailer,Cast and crew biographies,Photo gallery and
Interviews with Dario Argento and Lamberto Bava.If the Arrow version doesn't have any of those,it's no great loss.If it passes uncut,that's good enough for me.

vincenzo 28th February 2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 64976)
If it passes uncut,that's good enough for me.

I'm still not 100% about this so fingers crossed.

springjack 28th February 2010 10:52 PM

I have the American version but gladly upgrade if the Arrow print is the Italian one...:chainsaw:

Almar@Cult Labs 1st March 2010 02:55 PM

Ok folks it's time we started planning what to do with this puppy and first up we need to brief Rick on what to paint for Inferno. I LOVE the underwater scene in Inferno but I think that would be very hard to paint without looking almost comical - who has some bright ideas?

springjack 1st March 2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Ok folks it's time we started planning what to do with this puppy and first up we need to brief Rick on what to paint for Inferno. I LOVE the underwater scene in Inferno but I think that would be very hard to paint without looking almost comical - who has some bright ideas?
I also love the water scene... my favourite from the whole movie. Maybe it doesn´t turn out comical if Rick paint the water scene with Mother Tenebrarun in the background like some Phantasmagoric entity... I just love her presence with the white cat...

For me, just like Suspiria, the first scene of Inferno (water scene) just steals the whole movie...

Another idea whould be Mother Tenebrarum with the white cat in the middle of the burning building. Then, in the style of 80´s vhs covers, why not put a little kazanian on one side and a little anchemist on the other...

That´s an idea for a future release by Arrow... "The Alchemist" with Robert Ginty.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st March 2010 08:30 PM

The endshot......;)

Sarah@Cult Labs 8th March 2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 64242)
Happy days Sarah!
How many Argento numbers is that you've to be introduced to?:)

Hehe. I always thought I was quite up on my Agento but Arrow keep proving me wrong!

Philleh 8th March 2010 11:04 AM

I'd like to see some of New York City getting 'Rick'd'. Argento takes every opportunity to exploit NYC lush architecture - maybe he could add a little of that to the mix?

That neon-goth look was perfected in this film I feel, and is a big part of the overall experience.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th March 2010 08:23 AM

I've heard a rumour that Arrow plan to release Inferno on Blu-Ray on 7/12... ? :confused: :suspicious:

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th March 2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 66844)
I've heard a rumour that Arrow plan to release Inferno on Blu-Ray on 7/12... ? :confused: :suspicious:

Haven't heard anything but I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

Splatterdragon73 13th March 2010 12:30 PM

So would i and let's hope this rumour has some truth to it!:)

Almar@Cult Labs 13th March 2010 01:28 PM

Where did you hear that? So far just looking like a DVD for now.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th March 2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 66872)
Where did you hear that? So far just looking like a DVD for now.

On another forum. A poster had mentioned that Arrow were getting an Inferno Blu released on 7/12 - (which I now understand is probably July and not December due to the 'backwards' American date system ;))

I'd asked him who he'd heard it off, and he said that while contacting someone at Arrow in relation to the region coding of the Dawn Blu, they had mentioned that the codes for their upcoming Blu's of both COTLD and Inferno were going to be region 0... :suspicious:

Mojo 13th March 2010 06:36 PM

Now that is interesting.... :happy:

Zombie Dude 14th March 2010 09:11 AM

The skull with lips is pretty much the only art I've seen for this. I'm guessing the dvd will have that and a painted cover as well?

Almar@Cult Labs 14th March 2010 10:36 AM

Not sure yet but yes that calssic skull artwork really does have to be in there.

Zombie Dude 14th March 2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 66990)
Not sure yet but yes that calssic skull artwork really does have to be in there.

I'd love to see a painted cover for this. As for what it should be I'm not much of a help as I haven't seen the movie.

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th March 2010 10:49 AM

I was exactly the same with the artwork for City Of The Living Dead.Haven't seen the film in years so I had no idea what could be painted.But as usual,Rick came through big time,as I'm sure he will with Inferno.

Zombie Dude 14th March 2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 67008)
I was exactly the same with the artwork for City Of The Living Dead.Haven't seen the film in years so I had no idea what could be painted.But as usual,Rick came through big time,as I'm sure he will with Inferno.

Yeah that artwork for City is great. It's chaotic greatness.

Inferno's cover is in good hands.