Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Inferno - The Archive (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2404-arrow-video-inferno-archive.html)

vincenzo 27th May 2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 82025)
It's also on the R1 25TH anniversary DVD, which is why I bought that instaed of the R2. :)

It is indeed. Same version as the VHS (74 mins). :nod:

Isn't it strange that Kermode appears on the US release but not the domestic one?

Angel 27th May 2010 02:32 PM

Ferman never cut/rejected The Exorcist but only because he had advised against it being submitted on video.

Vampix 27th May 2010 02:54 PM

Sky Movies used to show Inferno fully uncut some years back, how come they could broadcast the film with the cat & mouse scene intact but it can't be available all these years later as an uncut 18 rated DVD/BD for home viewing? Seems ridiculous to me as the uncut version is easy to order online. :rolleyes:

vincenzo 27th May 2010 02:58 PM

Films containing horsefalls are also shown intact on UK TV. The Long Riders being one example.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th May 2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 82025)
It's also on the R1 25TH anniversary DVD, which is why I bought that instaed of the R2. :)

Sadly, that one is out of print and the extended version of the documentary isn't on the R1 The Version You've Never Seen. I suppose I'll have to wait in hope that the Blu-ray release remedies this.

vincenzo 27th May 2010 03:27 PM

The Exorcist starred Linda Blair as the possessed little girl. She also appeared in Airport 1975, which was a disaster (in more ways than one) film. Perhaps the most famous disaster film was The Towering...........

Inferno. :cool:

There we are. :focus: :laugh:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th May 2010 03:35 PM

That's one way to shorten the game 'seven degrees of separation' and get back on topic while you're at it! Now, we've covered the film, the BBFC controversy, the extra features and the artwork. What's left?

Angel 27th May 2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 82034)
Sky Movies used to show Inferno fully uncut some years back, how come they could broadcast the film with the cat & mouse scene intact but it can't be available all these years later as an uncut 18 rated DVD/BD for home viewing? Seems ridiculous to me as the uncut version is easy to order online. :rolleyes:

TV are supposed to show versions that have been approved by the BBFC but it doesn't always happen.

Almar@Cult Labs 27th May 2010 03:59 PM

Just a little update from Arrow - they're pleased to say that the BBFC are going to take another look at their decision on Inferno.

We can't assume anything will change but very well done and many thanks to everyone on here for their reasoned and well-written letters and good on the BBFC for having another look. :nod:

At least we can't say that we didn't all try eh?

Philleh 27th May 2010 04:06 PM

This comes as a surprise!