Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Inferno - The Archive (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2404-arrow-video-inferno-archive.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th May 2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 82329)
I did say it was passed uncut on DVD ;)

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...7?OpenDocument

With a 15 no less!

In which case evidence must have been put before them indicating that the scene was faked in some way as there is no way that the BBFC would allow that to be released on DVD.

vincenzo 28th May 2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 82333)
In which case evidence must have been put before them indicating that the scene was faked in some way as there is no way that the BBFC would allow that to be released on DVD.

It probably was. Could be worth asking them to find out. There were potential problems over Gormenghast (Christopher Lee throws a cat at Jonathan Rhys Meyers) though the BBFC received evidence that the scene was faked via a dummy cat.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th May 2010 01:43 PM

I remember reading somewhere about a firm that makes fake cats for cancer patients and other people with terminal diseases who can't look after a real animal but get a great deal of pleasure from stroking the 'pet'.

Some people have bought them and then used them to play tricks on visitors by putting it on top of the phone before the person wants to make a call or casually booting a 'sleeping feline' across the living room!

vincenzo 28th May 2010 02:00 PM

Here's another mouse cut that was once made to Caligula......

Quote:

Reel 6 - Sight of Caligula torturing mouse was deleted.
The mouse is rigged up to a miniature chariot and McDowell is scratching the top of its head. Waived for the DVD and an extremely silly cut to begin with.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th May 2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 82353)
The mouse is rigged up to a miniature chariot and McDowell is scratching the top of its head. Waived for the DVD and an extremely silly cut to begin with.

That doesn't sound like torture to me. As you say, it was "an extremely silly cut to begin with". There is clearly someone at the BBFC with a thing about mice!

Angel 28th May 2010 04:31 PM

That fish punch didn't look like a big deal to me, it could have been replaced by a dead fish just prior to the punching, dificult to tell as the camera keeps cutting away at the moment of impact or the BBFC felt the huge impact of the first punch was decisive enough. If I had watched that scene on telly I would have passed it. Fish cruelty cuts are extremely rare. Sorry I know this has nothing to do with Inferno, I think we're just passing the time until the BBFC get back to Arrow.

vincenzo 28th May 2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 82393)
That fish punch didn't look like a big deal to me, it could have been replaced by a dead fish just prior to the punching

Looks a bit fishy to me too. :madgrin:

Gojirosan 28th May 2010 04:58 PM

I am thinking "Fish Punch" would be a good band name.

bgart13 28th May 2010 04:58 PM

How can the UK be more lax about things that are broadcast on television -- a medium that is infinitely more accessible by children? Isn't that a sign that the gov't needs to address that inconsistentcy?

Of course, if someone actually said anything, they'd like start cutting TV broadcasts rather than leaving theatrical films alone...stupid politicans.

Re: Fish Punch... Here's a video by King Khan & BBQ Show called 'Fish Fight'. :rockon:

Fish Fight

vincenzo 28th May 2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 82401)
How can the UK be more lax about things that are broadcast on television -- a medium that is infinitely more accessible by children?

The internet is even more accessible again. :ohwell: