Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Day Of The Dead Blu Ray - Sound Issues? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2694-day-dead-blu-ray-sound-issues.html)

Entity Appliance 7th April 2010 07:02 PM

Day Of The Dead Blu Ray - Sound Issues?

Hi Guys,

I'm a new member - just signed up tonight to throw a query out there. Does anybody else notice a few sound anomalies on the BR disc?

4 places specifically:

00:58:51 - Gunshot cuts out
01:04:03 - Pitch of the music
01:32:09 - Pitch of the music
01:32:11 - Pitch of the music

I noticed that if I switch the audio channel to 2, this doesn't happen. However, it's no longer 5.1.

Can somebody please clarify this?

Entity Appliance 7th April 2010 07:25 PM

Well don't I feel like a twat.

I just checked my Anchor Bay DVD and the sound is exactly the same.

Hmm. :dizzy:

Still - can somebody confirm this so i know I'm not losing my mind?

Cheers:thumb:

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th April 2010 08:12 PM

Just checked and you're right.Those aren't present on the mono audio track.Very unfortunate but it's still a lot better than having all those lines of dialogue altered.

vinncent 5th July 2010 11:21 AM

Just saw the movie on BD yesterday and really tought the mono sound was a lot better! The 5.1 DTS Hd was very very low and muffled...couldnt hear what they where talkning about! Weird cause it has never happend to me before!

anthony1138 2nd December 2011 03:26 PM

That's disappointing. I was hoping that Arrow had gotten the 5.1 mix right for their Blu-Ray, since Anchor Bay used the edited 5.1 mix from Japan on their Blu-Ray. It seems that no matter which release you own, that the mono track is the way to go.

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd December 2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthony1138 (Post 201353)
That's disappointing. I was hoping that Arrow had gotten the 5.1 mix right for their Blu-Ray, since Anchor Bay used the edited 5.1 mix from Japan on their Blu-Ray. It seems that no matter which release you own, that the mono track is the way to go.

Tbh, I didn't find anything wrong with the sound on the Arrow BD. I could hear what people were saying quite clearly. :confused: Well, apart from the issues mentioned in the first post

anthony1138 2nd December 2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 201366)
Tbh, I didn't find anything wrong with the sound on the Arrow BD. I could hear what people were saying quite clearly. :confused:

I'm still gonna get the Arrow BD eventually, along with Dawn. Just trying to collect the titles I don't already have on BD first. ;)

Prince_Vajda 2nd December 2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 201366)
Tbh, I didn't find anything wrong with the sound on the Arrow BD. I could hear what people were saying quite clearly. :confused: Well, apart from the issues mentioned in the first post

Same here. I've just checked my Blu of Day of the Dead - both the 5.1 and the Mono mix seem to be alright, although the Mono mix seems to be slightly louder (at least the voices in comparison to the sound effects / the score).

Greetings!

anthony1138 2nd December 2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 201377)
Same here. I've just checked my Blu of Day of the Dead - both the 5.1 and the Mono mix seem to be alright, although the Mono mix seems to be slightly louder (at least the voices in comparison to the sound effects / the score).

Greetings!

That's great news. Thanks for checking guys! I really want a copy of Day with an unedited 5.1 mix. The issues mentioned in the first post I think I can live with.

Now I just need to come up with a big enough Amazon UK order to make the shipping costs to the US worth while.