Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th April 2010, 07:02 PM
Ex-member

Default Day Of The Dead Blu Ray - Sound Issues?

Hi Guys,

I'm a new member - just signed up tonight to throw a query out there. Does anybody else notice a few sound anomalies on the BR disc?

4 places specifically:

00:58:51 - Gunshot cuts out
01:04:03 - Pitch of the music
01:32:09 - Pitch of the music
01:32:11 - Pitch of the music

I noticed that if I switch the audio channel to 2, this doesn't happen. However, it's no longer 5.1.

Can somebody please clarify this?
Old 7th April 2010, 07:25 PM
Ex-member

Well don't I feel like a twat.

I just checked my Anchor Bay DVD and the sound is exactly the same.

Hmm.

Still - can somebody confirm this so i know I'm not losing my mind?

Cheers
Old 8th April 2010, 08:12 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just checked and you're right.Those aren't present on the mono audio track.Very unfortunate but it's still a lot better than having all those lines of dialogue altered.
Old 5th July 2010, 11:21 AM
Cultist

Just saw the movie on BD yesterday and really tought the mono sound was a lot better! The 5.1 DTS Hd was very very low and muffled...couldnt hear what they where talkning about! Weird cause it has never happend to me before!
Old 2nd December 2011, 03:26 PM
Cult Rookie

That's disappointing. I was hoping that Arrow had gotten the 5.1 mix right for their Blu-Ray, since Anchor Bay used the edited 5.1 mix from Japan on their Blu-Ray. It seems that no matter which release you own, that the mono track is the way to go.
Old 2nd December 2011, 03:57 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony1138 View Post
That's disappointing. I was hoping that Arrow had gotten the 5.1 mix right for their Blu-Ray, since Anchor Bay used the edited 5.1 mix from Japan on their Blu-Ray. It seems that no matter which release you own, that the mono track is the way to go.
Tbh, I didn't find anything wrong with the sound on the Arrow BD. I could hear what people were saying quite clearly. Well, apart from the issues mentioned in the first post
Old 2nd December 2011, 04:00 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Tbh, I didn't find anything wrong with the sound on the Arrow BD. I could hear what people were saying quite clearly.
I'm still gonna get the Arrow BD eventually, along with Dawn. Just trying to collect the titles I don't already have on BD first.
Old 2nd December 2011, 04:18 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Tbh, I didn't find anything wrong with the sound on the Arrow BD. I could hear what people were saying quite clearly. Well, apart from the issues mentioned in the first post
Same here. I've just checked my Blu of Day of the Dead - both the 5.1 and the Mono mix seem to be alright, although the Mono mix seems to be slightly louder (at least the voices in comparison to the sound effects / the score).

Greetings!
Old 2nd December 2011, 04:28 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Same here. I've just checked my Blu of Day of the Dead - both the 5.1 and the Mono mix seem to be alright, although the Mono mix seems to be slightly louder (at least the voices in comparison to the sound effects / the score).

Greetings!
That's great news. Thanks for checking guys! I really want a copy of Day with an unedited 5.1 mix. The issues mentioned in the first post I think I can live with.

Now I just need to come up with a big enough Amazon UK order to make the shipping costs to the US worth while.

Like this? Share it using the links below!