Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Inferno - The Artwork (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2955-inferno-artwork.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th June 2010 11:39 AM

That's nice selection of artwork/covers -- I can't make up my mind which one I like best.

springjack 5th June 2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

I know it's too late for additional art but I just found these (some of which were bootlegs).

The first cover is a pleasent surprise...:rockon:

Pity it´s too late:(

Splatterdragon73 5th June 2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 84230)
Not hideous! It just doesn´t fit the movie.

I agree.

The actual quality of Rick's design is fine it just suggests a sleazy element based on a certain scene in the film. However, we all know there's nothing sleazy about Inferno. The movie is more elegance than exploitation.:)

Splatterdragon73 5th June 2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyofcrack (Post 84239)
I know it's too late for additional art but I just found these (some of which were bootlegs).

Not a bad selection there. Especially the first two covers together with the last illustration.:)

Amertume 7th June 2010 04:35 AM

Veeery nice!
Is it too late adding inferno_boot1.jpg as an alternative cover for Arrow's Inferno?

Amertume 7th June 2010 04:39 AM

Actually, I love Rick's design and will definitely use that one. :D

(Even though it may look like an exploitation flick!)

TheOwlsAreNotWhatTheySeem 7th June 2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 83490)
There are aspects of it that I don't like (in particular the font title font type: it looks like a seedy motel sign), but I think most people were more outraged by 'the ass', which I can live with. You ask "what's wrong with sexy?" - and I reply "nothing", but there is a very fine line between sexy and sleazy, and this one could be considered border-line sleazy by many.

No, the font is a bit strange, but it must have been very difficult to come up with something that works with the illustration.

It is a little too 'in your face'(!), but maybe actually less inappropriate than Rick's cover for 'The Stendhal Syndrome', as that is a film that involves sexual violence towards the woman who on the cover is being depicted in a 'come hither' pose.

However, again despite that awkward context, I LOVE the Stendhal Syndrome cover!

springjack 7th June 2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Actually, I love Rick's design and will definitely use that one.

(Even though it may look like an exploitation flick!)
Yeah, Rick´s work is very good but in the context of the movie it just won´t fit.

Tenebrae is more than a classic to me... Original artwork all the way...

TheOwlsAreNotWhatTheySeem 7th June 2010 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 84882)

Tenebrae is morre than a classic to me... Original artwork all the way...

With 'Tenebrae' and 'Suspiria' its just impossible to think of anything other than the original posters!

Regardless of the options inside, which cover of 'Inferno' is going to be on the shelves and on websites/promotion? Presumably Rick's would grab people's attention, but judging by people's reactions here, maybe it would also put some people off.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th June 2010 11:27 PM

Any chance of some single big pics Almar?