Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Design Your Own Arrow Video Covers (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/319-design-your-own-arrow-video-covers.html)

Beyond72 1st July 2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. (Post 162118)
Finally finished my Video Dead cover, not pleased with it, but starting over with a better idea would be a waste of time I could spend on something new.
Here it is warts and all.

While a little doubt is always good as it can inspire you to get even better, I think you're being a little harsh on yourself, as it wouldn't look out of place on a real cover in a store tomorrow. I don't know if you do any professional work but at this rate surely it won't be long before the offers come rolling in. :)

Prince_Vajda 1st July 2011 11:16 AM

Here's a new artwork of mine. This time it's Hatchet for the Honeymoon by Mario Bava - a real fine Horror Thriller with excellent cinematography, a fantastic score, and a clever copycat Psycho plot. :thumb:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...arrowsmall.jpg

Greetings!

PS:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. (Post 162118)
Finally finished my Video Dead cover, not pleased with it, but starting over with a better idea would be a waste of time I could spend on something new.
Here it is warts and all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 162196)
While a little doubt is always good as it can inspire you to get even better, I think you're being a little harsh on yourself, as it wouldn't look out of place on a real cover in a store tomorrow. I don't know if you do any professional work but at this rate surely it won't be long before the offers come rolling in. :)

Beyond72 is absolutely right - your artworks look very professional. I really hope you'll share more of your prowess with us in the future! :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 12:58 PM

Great cover, PV. Just as you said when referring to Dr RobotPants' artwork, yours would easily grace the cover of a real BD.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 01:08 PM

Your cover is far better than the film deserves. Its one of Bava's lesser films imo.

Well done Prince.

Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. 1st July 2011 05:34 PM

Another great cover Prince. That is a film that has grown on me for some reason. The first time I watched it with the wife we both Didn't care for it much.

Thanks again for all the kind words from everyone. Just a few things about my Video Dead cover I would like to do over. I need to upgrade my iPad to the iPad2 so I can draw with more resolution.
now time to decide what to do next.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 162179)
That is an effing cool cover for The Video Dead. Well done. :clap: If Arrow were to ever release the film......I'd want that as the new artwork.

And would certainly be a 'Fan edition'.:clap:

TheKingof1984 1st July 2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 162064)

AMAZING. I LOVE IT. LOVE.:clap:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKingof1984 (Post 162354)
AMAZING. I LOVE IT. LOVE.:clap:

How 'bout some more Henenlotter and BASKET CASE?:cool:

PaulD 1st July 2011 06:58 PM

I'm actually quite sickened at how talented some of you guys are on here! Excellent looking covers!

plasterface 1st July 2011 08:01 PM

cool covers

1 Attachment(s)
last few covers been cool as f**k, as per usual my like button broke, heres my attempt at a basket case cover slight cheat as i used art i had posted a while ago in this forum but made it a dvd cover, pretty shabby compared to other peoples effort but i thought what the hell