Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Mario Bava's Bay of Blood - Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3288-arrow-video-mario-bavas-bay-blood-archive-conversation.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 20th July 2010 03:57 PM

Arrow Video - Mario Bava's Bay of Blood - Archive Conversation

Mario Bava is a director who deserves his day in the sun here in the UK and Arrow Video intend to put that to rights with the release of his magnificent Bay of Blood (the 13 slayings in this film are widely believed to have been a major influence on "Friday the 13th") on 22nd September with both DVD and Blu-ray releases planned - more info as it comes through!

Twitch of the Death Nerve (1971) :pop2:

Philleh 20th July 2010 03:59 PM

Woohoo!! Excellent news - long overdue a respectable release here!!

http://www.wrongsideoftheart.com/wp-..._poster_03.jpg

Wow, September is going to be expensive! :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th July 2010 04:33 PM

Wow that's fantastic news Almar! :woot:

Another to cross off my long Arrow 'wants list'. I already have three copies of this film but will definitely be picking this one up. One of my all-time favourites. :happy: :popcorn:

P-Mac 20th July 2010 04:38 PM

Christ, we're going to be skint :lol:! It's going to end up that we'll all be working the streets just to get cash for these releases!

Not seen this (haven't seen any Bava film!), but this will be one to add to my collection :D!

Almar@Cult Labs 20th July 2010 04:38 PM

It's a great move by Arrow and we can all get into telling the wider world about the unsung genius of M Bava!

Pete 20th July 2010 04:46 PM

Not really a fan of this film but I'll buy it anyway.

The title music is superb:

YouTube - Mario Bava's BAY OF BLOOD (1971) - Music by Stelvio Cipriani

Jaimie 20th July 2010 04:48 PM

Excellent news! Sign me up for the blu.

I've only seen the cut Film 2000 release, but from what I've read on the cuts, this will fly through this time.

nekromantik 20th July 2010 05:02 PM

this is no good :(
I cant afford dvds anymore. Esp after October where Im gettin Rec boxset on blu, Alien egg and Lost
ha ha

stephan73 20th July 2010 05:08 PM

Great news. I'll surely get the Blu-Ray!:woot:

Playzocker 20th July 2010 05:35 PM

Awesome, I'm looking forward to this!

Could you please consider also using this cover for a postcard or (if it comes with a slipcase) a sleeve option:
OFDb - Fassung zu Im Blutrausch des Satans (1971)

gorehound-09 20th July 2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 93002)
Mario Bava is a director who deserves his day in the sun here in the UK and Arrow Video intend to put that to rights with the release of his magnificent Bay of Blood (the 13 slayings in this film are widely believed to have been a major influence on "Friday the 13th") on 22nd September with both DVD and Blu-ray releases planned - more info as it comes through!

Twitch of the Death Nerve (1971) :pop2:

Brilliant i love the fulci and argento films you guys have been releasing and now Mario is on the list awesome.

I would like to add that i would love to see some more giallos, weird monster movies and slasher films that you guys can get. Keep up the good work guys i seriously cant wait to add the latest editons to my collection :rockon:

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th July 2010 05:40 PM

Fantastic news Almar, and Playzocker, that artwork has always been my favourite for the film, I'd love to see it used for this release.

brain dead 20th July 2010 05:48 PM

If this does get released on Blu, anyone know if this is potentially the first Bava blu worldwide? I've had a quick search in the past and never come across any.

Mojo 20th July 2010 06:31 PM

Wow! This was a ( pleasant ) surprise! I must admit it's not my favourite Bava, but I'll certainly be up for a BD.

medwaygarage 20th July 2010 06:33 PM

Great film,got a very nice French one panel poster for this one,I'll try and post a photo next week when I get back to Bristol.
The sound has been very problematic on a lot of releases of this title,so fingers crossed.A nice extra would be the Italian version which includes different set ups [no different scenes though] shot in Italian,sounds much better in it's original language as well ! Good luck with this one !

Inspector Tanzi 20th July 2010 06:34 PM

Fantastic news:cool:

Any other Bava's in the pipe line, I reckon Black Sunday's gorgeous black & white photography would look absolutely stunning given the blu ray treatment.

medwaygarage 20th July 2010 06:40 PM

Can I suggest a Blu Ray of 'Blood And Black Lace',using the same materials the German dvd used,by far the best quality version worldwide !

Philleh 20th July 2010 06:41 PM

Agreed, Blood and Blacklace deserves a high quality release - and Arrow are the perfect company to deliver one!!

mr. brightside 20th July 2010 07:23 PM

Fantastic news. Put me down for a Blu. You guys are doing us proud.
A Blu for Blood And Black Lace, would be awesone, ditto Black Sabbath, Kill, Baby...Kill! and Black Sunday. Greedy, aren't I?

Kudos to you:clap:

bgart13 20th July 2010 07:29 PM

:shocked:

:dance:

Very cool news! Will the Italian version be included? And, I don't mean dub -- Bava shot an Italian version at the same time (see the Raro dvd for more info).

Thanks so much, Arrow & Almar! Wow...will there be more Bava or is this a test at this point to see how his film does?

Wow...just, wow...

bdc 20th July 2010 07:32 PM

Very nice! :thumb:
Curious what it will look like!

KaiGusto 20th July 2010 07:35 PM

Great to hear this news! I take it the case/artwork design will be the same as the previous Arrow Blu-Rays?

medwaygarage 20th July 2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 93090)
:shocked:

:dance:

Very cool news! Will the Italian version be included? And, I don't mean dub -- Bava shot an Italian version at the same time (see the Raro dvd for more info).

Thanks so much, Arrow & Almar! Wow...will there be more Bava or is this a test at this point to see how his film does?

Wow...just, wow...

Just to clarrify what bgart13 is saying,there are two versions of 'Bay Of Blood',filmed back to back,one in italian and one which was used for the English dub,the Italian version is unique to the RARO VIDEO dvd in Italy,It is
not possible to use the Italian audio over the English dubbed version as it will not fit,the scenes were shot twice.I hope Arrow can use both versions of the film,It would be one hell of an extra !

Funktion 20th July 2010 08:01 PM

I'll say to this the same thing I said about Dario Argento Blu-Ray releases: you keep releasing Mario Bava films on Blu-Ray disc, and I will keep buying them, day one. As simple as that... :)

the blob 20th July 2010 08:06 PM

This is good news! Are we going to have a vote for 'Bay of Blood' on blu thread? :lol:

Please, please.. Blood and Black Lace. :nod:

Inspector Tanzi 20th July 2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 93100)
This is good news! Are we going to have a vote for 'Bay of Blood' on blu thread? :lol:

Please, please.. Blood and Black Lace. :nod:

No need for a vote, it's getting both.

check out the first post.

the blob 20th July 2010 08:18 PM

I completely missed that phrase Blu-Ray! I think I'll cry a little with joy. :)

And my wallet will cry tears of pain...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th July 2010 10:14 PM

Fantastic news!

I've just got in.You've Dirty Harry'd me-Made my day!:happy:

Playzocker 20th July 2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medwaygarage (Post 93076)
Can I suggest a Blu Ray of 'Blood And Black Lace',using the same materials the German dvd used,by far the best quality version worldwide !

Well, if you want me to I can ask Anolis if they have a high definition transfer of the film. Sadly, when asked a while back they said that they're not planning on releasing Blu-rays in the (near) future ... maybe that has changed since Blu-ray shouldn't be tooooo expensive to produce anymore.

bgart13 21st July 2010 01:52 AM

Almar, any idea if BAY will be region-free or not?

Re: BLOOD & BLACK LACE -- would love to see a blu-ray of it! Needs to have the English track included with the Italian, however.

Pete 21st July 2010 07:59 AM

Is this another joint venture?

Nika 21st July 2010 08:18 AM

Omg omg omg!!!! I can't wait for this release! And on blu-ray aswell! :D :woot::laugh:

godflesh101 21st July 2010 08:22 AM

Another blu-ray purchaser here. Even though I've never seen the film!

Almar@Cult Labs 21st July 2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 93171)
Almar, any idea if BAY will be region-free or not?

Re: BLOOD & BLACK LACE -- would love to see a blu-ray of it! Needs to have the English track included with the Italian, however.

usually releases are region free.

Zombie Dude 21st July 2010 10:07 AM

Sounds good. I'll be interested to get this.

Nika 21st July 2010 01:34 PM

when will we get to see some cover art-work ??? :D

Mbarr 21st July 2010 02:30 PM

INCREDIBLE news!
WOW just WOW....Italian track with subs please Almar?

DVD Trash 21st July 2010 04:50 PM

Almar, if there was an HD master of Blood and Black Lace available and costs were not totally prohibitive could it be a possibility? I think it would do well on Blu-Ray and generate some good overseas sales.

Almar@Cult Labs 21st July 2010 04:52 PM

Blood and Black Lace is one of those holy grail titles - no one seems to know of any decent materials - certainly not good enough for a Blu-ray.

DVD Trash 21st July 2010 05:00 PM

What about the master that was used for the OOP print German disc from Hande Weg? It's meant to be excellent! I will do some digging...