Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Inferno (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3504-arrow-video-inferno.html)

broonage 13th September 2010 06:34 PM

Got mine today!!

Richcrue 13th September 2010 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by broonage (Post 101740)
Got mine today!!

So did I,great package.

Attachment 6828

Entity Appliance 13th September 2010 10:03 PM

While the film certainly looks stunning, in my opinion the 5.1 HD audio track on the disc is nothing short of abysmal. It's way, way too loud, and more often than not, the sound actually ends up clipping - particulary during the fire scenes near the end. The 2.1 channel is actually an improvement. This is really disappointing, as the exact same thing happened with the ''Day Of The Dead'' BR eg. the 5.1 channel was lacklustre.

After this being the case twice now, I think Arrow should spend less time and effort on the packaging, and more time and effort on the HD sound.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th September 2010 10:39 PM

Sounded fine to me.....:nod:

Almar@Cult Labs 13th September 2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entity Appliance (Post 101791)
While the film certainly looks stunning, in my opinion the 5.1 HD audio track on the disc is nothing short of abysmal. It's way, way too loud, and more often than not, the sound actually ends up clipping - particulary during the fire scenes near the end. The 2.1 channel is actually an improvement. This is really disappointing, as the exact same thing happened with the ''Day Of The Dead'' BR eg. the 5.1 channel was lacklustre.

After this being the case twice now, I think Arrow should spend less time and effort on the packaging, and more time and effort on the HD sound.

Well this is certainly the place where Arrow come to listen to opinion so it would be interesting to hear what others think about the sound but I think Inferno has always had an overblown soundtrack and the people working on the packaging don't work on the sound and rightly so. So let's not worry about that shall we.

bgart13 14th September 2010 01:56 AM

Agreed about the audio on INFERNO. Even theatrically, I recall issues with some of the sound (a newly struck print, apparently too). But as I have no 5.1 set-up -- and I prefer original and/or mono anyways, haha -- I'll be ok with the 2.1. Looking forward to the blu-ray, as it'll be coming with DEMONS at the same time!

Entity Appliance 14th September 2010 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 101798)
Well this is certainly the place where Arrow come to listen to opinion so it would be interesting to hear what others think about the sound but I think Inferno has always had an overblown soundtrack and the people working on the packaging don't work on the sound and rightly so. So let's not worry about that shall we.

Well surely if I'm paying £18 for the privelage of a 5.1 HD audio master, the people at Arrow who do work on the sound could make sure that it's not blowing out my speakers and clipping all over the place no?

However, I am aware that this may not be the fault of Arrow, but a problem with the actual source material itself - the ''Suspiria'' BR released by Noveaux Pictures had similar audio problems.

broonage 14th September 2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entity Appliance (Post 101817)
Well surely if I'm paying £18 for the privelage of a 5.1 HD audio master, the people at Arrow who do work on the sound could make sure that it's not blowing out my speakers and clipping all over the place no?

However, I am aware that this may not be the fault of Arrow, but a problem with the actual source material itself - the ''Suspiria'' BR released by Noveaux Pictures had similar audio problems.

You have ears like a fox! I thought the Suspiria sound was bang on!

Entity Appliance 14th September 2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broonage (Post 101819)
You have ears like a fox! I thought the Suspiria sound was bang on!

HAHA! Beginning to wonder whether my home cinema system is just piss-poor tbh.

In saying that, the majority of discs sound top notch. It could just be a personal preference though. For me, ''Suspiria'' was too loud as it clipped in certain places, like ''Inferno''.:(

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th September 2010 10:12 AM

From watching these films on DVD and now on Blu-ray Disc, I have always assumed that Dario Argento wanted the soundtracks by Goblin and Keith Emerson to be a major part of the film and stand out by being louder than regular soundtracks. In the case of Suspiria, the Goblin soundtrack forms an important part of the narrative with the well timed cries of "witch!"