Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - A Bay of Blood - The BD and DVD Specs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3839-arrow-video-bay-blood-bd-dvd-specs.html)

bdc 18th December 2010 09:29 PM

Yes,it's not the whole film.
The export version (with dialog scenes shot in English) is not censored,what makes you think that? ;)

The new Arrow release contains both the Italian and English versions btw.

Playzocker 18th December 2010 11:15 PM

I live in Austria, so my primary market for movies and games is Germany ... and "German version" is a synonym for "unwatchable, cut to shreds piece-of-shit" :D

US versions of IT films are sometimes censored as well. I know a nice R-rated cut of Tenebre. :D

springjack 19th December 2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 117533)
Maybe some readers should take heed to these comments!

:nod:

:lol::clap:

bdc 19th December 2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 117548)
I live in Austria, so my primary market for movies and games is Germany ... and "German version" is a synonym for "unwatchable, cut to shreds piece-of-shit" :D

US versions of IT films are sometimes censored as well. I know a nice R-rated cut of Tenebre. :D

Ah yes,I see what you mean. ;)
The export version offered here by Arrow is complete (and uncut) and apart from some dialog scenes there's no difference with the Italian version I'd say.
Sometimes Italian and export versions of a film can be very different.

Splatterdragon73 19th December 2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 117487)
Some people are ridiculously petty! Be thankful they are available for God's sake!

How about going back to virtually unwatchable bootleg VHS versions?

:mmph:

:crazy:

Well said and i agree.

I'm just glad that a company such as Arrow is taking time and making effort to give these vintage horror outings some loooonnnng overdue care and attention on British shores.

I'm definitely not disappointed with the label's recent output so far and i'm confident ABOB will be no exception.:)

Playzocker 19th December 2010 10:36 AM

Well, let's just put it like that. Compared to HD standards set by recent blockbusters, films like ABOB can only look "awful". But, and here's the mistake many people tend to make, you always need to compare a transfer to it's possibilities and source materials. As long as no new master surfaces, this BD will probably be the best, ABOB will ever look. That certainly doesn't make the transfer pretty, but it's definitely better than a SD DVD and does it's source justice. That's what I expect from movies like that and to date Arrow hasn't disappointed me.

Only issue sometimes can be DNR which Arrow should learn to avoid like a foaming wild animal. :D

Philleh 19th December 2010 01:25 PM

For those who are put off by this release you can always pick up the Film2000 release!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Sure it's cut and not in HD, but the colours will look like you remember them from the VHS days i'm sure.

Or you can always wait for another company to run such a great risk on such a niche title, such as this, but I have a feeling that may take some time. Bava doesn't tend to shift units like Chris Nolan or James Cameron (so who ever thought that Arrow would loose thousands of sales is truly kidding themselves).

Any way, I can't wait till Christmas so I can finally watch it! :)

Sargento 19th December 2010 01:31 PM

Tee Hee Philleh!!

:pound:

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th December 2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 117599)
For those who are put off by this release you can always pick up the Film2000 release! Sure it's cut and not in HD, but the colours will look like you remember them from the VHS days i'm sure.

Ordered! :lol: (joking of course!)

bgart13 19th December 2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 117510)
Now just have a look at this new bd review of Synapse's Vampire Circus...
Anything you notice when comparing caps?
Vampire Circus Blu-ray - Adrienne Corri

Just thought this would be interesting as there's been much discussion about the caps of Bay... ;)

Apples and oranges, though, Bruno. The colors are still well represented in the bd of VC. It is darker, but it looks accurate. The caps (yes, I know they're only caps) of BoB show the colors drained away from past versions many of us are used to. VC looks great, in fact. I'm sure the Arrow bd is highly detailed and still looks excellent -- but the colors are drained away from it.