Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - A Bay of Blood - The BD and DVD Specs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3839-arrow-video-bay-blood-bd-dvd-specs.html)

springjack 27th October 2010 07:40 PM

Do we get English subtitles for both versions or just for the Italian one?

springjack 27th October 2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex.78 (Post 109879)
The Italian Audio is present?

If it has the Italian cut I believe it will have because the Italian audio has alternate scenes.

The Italian audio is exclusive to the Italian cut for that reason.
There is no english print with Italian audio, it just wouldn´t fit.

alex.78 27th October 2010 08:07 PM

In the english version the only audio available is english,and in the italian cut the only audio is italian?
The Italian cut is not in hd?
Someone removes me these doubts..please

JAMIOUSE 27th October 2010 08:49 PM

That's right. The English Cut has English Audio and the Italian Cut has Italian Audio. The Italian Cut is NOT in HD according to the specs announced. I think the Italian Master isn't of the same quality as the English Cut. The Raro DVD is the Italian Cut and looking at image comparisons it doesn't look to hot compared to the Anchor Bay release.

Splatterdragon73 29th October 2010 12:38 PM

Arrow delivers the gory goods once again and despite not being a massive ABOB fan, i can't wait to get my bloodstained mitts on a copy, both DVD and BR releases. Stunning stuff!:rockon:

springjack 29th October 2010 09:49 PM

Do we get English subtitles for both versions or just for the Italian one?

JAMIOUSE 3rd November 2010 09:03 PM

Is Bay Of Blood still on course for a November 22nd release Almar?

Dimis 4th November 2010 10:48 AM

I don't mean to criticize but... isn't the artwork with the big octopus a bit misleading. I've told a friend of mine about this release and the movie for having been a prototypical slasher and he got so confused. He thought that there was an actual mutated octopus involved. Whe you appeal to a crowd who may not have heard of this movie, and a lot of slasher afficionados currently buying were born long after this movie was released, they can easily skip it when they're browsing if something looks wrong. It looks sci-fi-ish to me.

mercury 4th November 2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimis (Post 111055)
I don't mean to criticize but... isn't the artwork with the big octopus a bit misleading. I've told a friend of mine about this release and the movie for having been a prototypical slasher and he got so confused. He thought that there was an actual mutated octopus involved. Whe you appeal to a crowd who may not have heard of this movie, and a lot of slasher afficionados currently buying were born long after this movie was released, they can easily skip it when they're browsing if something looks wrong. It looks sci-fi-ish to me.

I agree with you about being misleading. But have you ever picked up a dvd because of the front cover? If like me then yes. Have you ever bought that dvd without reading the info on the back? If like me then no.

This cover is to make the film stand out and get the casual buyer to pick it up, then decide if the film is of there liking. If there was only this cover then, I think it would be a problem especially for collectors. But we get more cover options to best suit the film.:clap:

Dimis 4th November 2010 12:09 PM

We're kind of saying the same thing. I was talking about the people who may find this simply by browsing and dismiss it before reading the synopsis. The big octopus is simply out of place, just relevant to the word bay i guess. But just check out how much more intriguing is the cover on the "Twitch of the death nerve" page on Wikipedia. (I cannot post the link)