Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Cat o' Nine Tails - The Artwork (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3932-arrow-video-cat-o-nine-tails-artwork.html)

springjack 15th November 2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 112697)

You´re right!

A very good one, I will want it on one of the panels.

Inspector Tanzi 15th November 2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breck (Post 112681)
I also have to say that it's pretty shoddy of people just to say they don't like it without offering some kind of feedback/ideas/suggestions. Rick's obviously done a hell of a lot of hard work to create this piece of artwork, something I'm guessing the majority of people on here, including myself, wouldn't even be able to attempt to start doing, and he deserves more than a quick "meh" from people.

If someone doesn't like something they should feel like they can say so. Just because you "wouldn't even be able to attempt to start doing" doesn't mean anything.

I bet there have been films you have thought were rubbish, exquisite meals you haven't liked, Music you haven't liked etc, just because you couldn't do better yourself doesn't make something good does it.

I like some of Rick's art and some of it I'm not gone on.

I feel that there is too much arse kissing on this forum and as soon as people "don't" like something they get jumped on.

If Arrow released Plan 9 from out of space it would get praised and low and behold those who say it's shit!

skyofcrack 16th November 2010 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another one for variety's sake:

Sarah@Cult Labs 16th November 2010 07:19 AM

Only just spotted this... I'm not familiar with the film at all but that's some great artwork!

Playzocker 16th November 2010 05:43 PM

wow ... in German 'kot' means 'shit' - not the most inspiring movie title I've ever seen. The poster still looks nice, though :D

bdc 16th November 2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyofcrack (Post 112749)
Here's another one for variety's sake:

Unusual Polish one. :nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th November 2010 08:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 112697)

Classy indeed Pete.:nod:

I also used to like the old Warner Terror Vision sellthru cover :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th November 2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 112723)
If someone doTE=Inspector Tanzi;112723]

If Arrow released Plan 9 from out of space it would get praised and low and behold those who say it's shit!

I would actually quite welcome a quality release of Plan 9 from Outer Space if copious extra features could be secured as it is a very watchable film despite, or more likely because of, its utter ineptitude.

As for your "arse kissers" remark, I have said that there is artwork added I didn't like (Inferno is the obvious example) and didn't get jumped on as there were quite a few other people who didn't like the artwork either. I can't remember which one, but there were some threads where one person has expressed a contrary view to others and that that has been consiidered absolutely fine.

dustdevil 19th November 2010 06:05 PM

Artwork :rockon:

I must admit that I too did not remember the liftshaft scene either but then it has been a few years since I watched it.

I shall be holding out for the Bluray as I already have it on dvd.

Wonder if Morricone's score will be and extra or if costs will be prohibitive ?

Sargento 19th November 2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustdevil (Post 113361)
Artwork :rockon:

I must admit that I too did not remember the liftshaft scene either ....

Ooh not just me then! ;)