Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Demons Release Date Change? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/4457-demons-release-date-change.html)

aidanphantom 22nd January 2011 08:26 PM

Demons Release Date Change?

Hi could someone clear something up for me?
On both Amazon and Play it's saying that the release for Demons is now 21st March and not 31st January but the actual Arrow Video site still says the 31st.

springjack 3rd February 2011 04:29 PM

Can someone from Arrow confirm that the release date for Demons 2 is still for February?

It´s just for me to organize my pre-orders.

Thanks.

bedorca 4th February 2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 126055)
Can someone from Arrow confirm that the release date for Demons 2 is still for February?

It´s just for me to organize my pre-orders.

Thanks.

Try here >

Demons

springjack 4th February 2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 126230)
Try here >

Demons

Look again...

I was talking Demons 2...

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th February 2011 02:38 PM

The way things are going with finding adequate materials, I wouldn't hold out hope for Demons in March, never mind Demons 2. I'd like to be proved wrong though.

BioZombie 4th February 2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 126244)
The way things are going with finding adequate materials, I wouldn't hold out hope for Demons in March, never mind Demons 2. I'd like to be proved wrong though.

Does that mean that Arror dont even have adequate materials for a DVD?

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th February 2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 126252)
Does that mean that Arror dont even have adequate materials for a DVD?

Hmmmmmm. I'm not sure. Perhaps the head hocho can shed some light?

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th February 2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 116918)
None at all. Arrow have drawn a blank so far on materials good enough for these films but the search continues... :pray:

The above reply was in response to someone asking if there were any updates about Demons. I think Almar means dvd as well. We've not had any update on Demons or the other artwork etc, so it looks unlikely to me.

Almar@Cult Labs 4th February 2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 126254)
Hmmmmmm. I'm not sure. Perhaps the head hocho can shed some light?

Just talked to Fran at Arrow who as usual is leaving no stone unturned. There's no date for Demons right now - would be silly to say otherwise BUT there's a determination to get it right and after significant agonising over the most recent materials it's been decided to keep hunting and get it right.

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th February 2011 03:56 PM

Thanks Almar. I'm sure Arrow will come through for us once again.

Almar@Cult Labs 4th February 2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 126275)
Thanks Almar. I'm sure Arrow will come through for us once again.

Well they'd like to - just these old films aren't easy.

BioZombie 4th February 2011 04:01 PM

Demons is my most anticipated Arrow release, but I'm happy to wait so they can get it right. :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th February 2011 07:23 AM

Had an e-mail this morning from Amazon to notify me that the proposed release date for Demons 2 has been postponed until May 9th (as expected really, considering Demons has been also postponed).

Looking forward to both releases, but am glad Arrow are trying to hunt down the best possible materials for these.

Jonny114 10th February 2011 02:50 PM

Arrow will this film ever be released?

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th February 2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny114 (Post 127371)
Arrow will this film ever be released?

I'm sure Arrow are scouring the earth as we speak to find a print of the film they're happy with. Sometimes these things can take time. I know they'll be doing there best to try and bring it to us.

bgart13 10th February 2011 09:18 PM

Ok, so getting back to this issue of finding quality materials for the DEMONS movies...

No negs, internegs, interpositives, etc., etc., etc... -- they don't exist? At all? A popular cult movie that's not even 30 years old has no original materials located anywhere?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th February 2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 127454)
Ok, so getting back to this issue of finding quality materials for the DEMONS movies...

No negs, internegs, interpositives, etc., etc., etc... -- they don't exist? At all? A popular cult movie that's not even 30 years old has no original materials located anywhere?

I think it comes down to the quality of the materials, rather than the actual materials themselves.

I may be wrong, but I think it was mentioned earlier on in the thread that Arrow were not happy with the materials for Demons. Plus, it has been mentioned (numerous times now), that they are searching for a print they're happy with.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that if something is worth doing; it's worth doing right. I'd rather wait for a decent release of this cult classic rather than Arrow rush out a poor quality print for the sake of a quick sale.

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th February 2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 127454)

They didn't say there were no original materials anywhere, just that they haven't found anything yet that they're happy releasing.

bgart13 10th February 2011 09:54 PM

Ok, so it seems original materials exist, but to use them money would have to spent to restore them. Is that more accurate? I'd think whichever Italian & Germany companies own the rights wouldn't mind splitting costs a bit to get this done correctly (and for longterm preservation).

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th February 2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 127461)
Ok, so it seems original materials exist, but to use them money would have to spent to restore them. Is that more accurate? I'd think whichever Italian & Germany companies own the rights wouldn't mind splitting costs a bit to get this done correctly (and for longterm preservation).

True. The same was done with City Of The Living Dead. Maybe something could be worked out with another company with the same terms. Split the cost of the restoration, Arrow release it in the UK, and the other company release it in their country. Peraps that way, we may even see a blu-ray.

skankenstoned 14th February 2011 08:06 AM

I was pretty p####d off when I first saw Demons and Demons 2 had been held back but hey, this is Arrow and in Arrow we trust right? As long as they continue to release such gems as Phenomena and The Beyond in the meantime I'm more than happy for them to take the time to ensure that their high standards continue. I certainly want these to live up to my expectations...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th February 2011 08:50 AM

It seems that Demons and Demons 2 are still on the cards for a release at some point as Vamp has a skippable trailer for Arrow which includes a virtual collection with both titles going on to the 'shelf'.

bgart13 2nd March 2011 09:56 PM

Haha! From Amazon UK today:

This title will be released on December 5, 2011.

Jonny114 6th March 2011 04:59 PM

Release date

Arrow are you actually gonna release this film. Also why have you change the release date to December 5, 2011 it's too long.

springjack 6th March 2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny114 (Post 133511)
Arrow are you actually gonna release this film. Also why have you change the release date to December 5, 2011 it's too long.

Do you want something well done or something rushed?

Thing of it this way.
If the product was rushed and not up to your standarts you would later say why Arrow didn´t take the time to finish the product as a 5 star one.

kingofwitches666 6th March 2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 133525)
Do you want something well done or something rushed?

Thing of it this way.
If the product was rushed and not up to your standarts you would later say why Arrow didn´t take the time to finish the product as a 5 star one.

:clap:

Totally agree springjack.

Arrow have got plenty of quality releases coming out at the moment, so I for one (& can also speak for my wallet! :laugh:) are more than happy to wait for a decent release. As long as it takes.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th March 2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny114 (Post 133511)

As mentioned before, the release dates on internet shopping sites are only a guide provided to retailers and are not set in stone.

The official release dates and any updates to the release schedule are always posted here first; if it's not on here then you can't assume the title in question will be released on that date.

Again, as mentioned numerous times before, the delay in the release of Demons is Arrow trying to source the best materials they can. The materials they had before, they were disatisfied with.

As others have mentioned, a good quality release is certainly worth the wait and Demons is a film that I wouldn't want to see rushed.

Mbarr 6th March 2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 128569)
It seems that Demons and Demons 2 are still on the cards for a release at some point as Vamp has a skippable trailer for Arrow which includes a virtual collection with both titles going on to the 'shelf'.

Sorry Nos but that is Bull!...are we then to assume as the trailer for Argento's 4 Flies has been on an Arrow trailer reel we shall be seeing that film? (I can assure you that will NOT happen!...ie NEVER in Europe!)....as to another quote from you "I'll see what I can do" as per a movie request from someone...shall we see that film too?...you are a Moderator on a site...you have NO claim or influence whatsoever to say what shall be released by anyone!!...a little bit of "stepping back" here please without you "non-officially" commenting on "wish lists"...we all have them...but for them to come from a sanctioned employee is not guid business practice!
:)

springjack 7th March 2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbarr (Post 133563)
Sorry Nos but that is Bull!...are we then to assume as the trailer for Argento's 4 Flies has been on an Arrow trailer reel we shall be seeing that film?

I believe you should not confuse the new Arrow promotional trailer with the trailer reel for the Argento titles.

The trailer reel for the Argento titles was an extra on some editions.

I believe the new Arrow promotional trailer doesn´t show 4 Flies on grey velvet.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th March 2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Sorry Nos but that is Bull!...are we then to assume as the trailer for Argento's 4 Flies has been on an Arrow trailer reel we shall be seeing that film? (I can assure you that will NOT happen!...ie NEVER in Europe!)....as to another quote from you "I'll see what I can do" as per a movie request from someone...shall we see that film too?...you are a Moderator on a site...you have NO claim or influence whatsoever to say what shall be released by anyone!!...a little bit of "stepping back" here please without you "non-officially" commenting on "wish lists"...we all have them...but for them to come from a sanctioned employee is not guid business practice!

I made no claim about Four Flies on Grey Velvet being released by Arrow, only saying that it seems that Demons and Demons 2 are still on the cards for release, which they are. As for Four Flies, I have no information at all regarding any release of that title which is why I haven't mentioned it.

Almar@Cult Labs 7th March 2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

I'm amazed at the authority with which you speak because I must have not hired Nos to run the Arrow Video section and to liaise with Arrow on a daily basis to work with them and communicate between them and fans. It must have been a dream!

I find the tome of this message insulting and weirdly combative and to attack someone on the basis of not supposedly having information when you so clearly lack it on what you claim is breath-taking.

It does remind me though that I need to address Moderator titles to better represent the sections they look after.

springjack 8th March 2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 133764)
I'm amazed at the authority with which you speak because I must have not hired Nos to run the Arrow Video section and to liaise with Arrow on a daily basis to work with them and communicate between them and fans. It must have been a dream!

I find the tome of this message insulting and weirdly combative and to attack someone on the basis of not supposedly having information when you so clearly lack it on what you claim is breath-taking.

It does remind me though that I need to address Moderator titles to better represent the sections they look after.

antmumford 9th March 2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 133764)

2nd :clap:

I can't believe that was written, how unnecessarily aggressive and uncalled for

BAKA 9th March 2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Sorry Nos but that is Bull!...are we then to assume as the trailer for Argento's 4 Flies has been on an Arrow trailer reel we shall be seeing that film? (I can assure you that will NOT happen!...ie NEVER in Europe!)

Why, out of interest? Is there some kind of rights issue that stops it coming to Europe? It's one of the few Argento titles I haven't seen, would be nice to know why.

As for Demons, not interested unless it's on blu :tongue1:.

Mbarr 9th March 2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 133906)

you have NOTHING to add to this...so therefore THIS is an attack on a member? (ie: Myself),,,I'd like the PTB to explain this?

Mbarr 9th March 2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 134217)
Why, out of interest? Is there some kind of rights issue that stops it coming to Europe? It's one of the few Argento titles I haven't seen, would be nice to know why.

As for Demons, not interested unless it's on blu :tongue1:.

BAKA:
4 Flies will NEVER come out in Europe (down to 3- 4 different companies claiming the rights...the US release (by Mya) whilst not perfect exploits a US rights loophole...that version (though very flawed) is the best you will get for the foreseeable........

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th March 2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbarr (Post 134329)
you have NOTHING to add to this...so therefore THIS is an attack on a member? (ie: Myself),,,I'd like the PTB to explain this?

Hang on, let me get this straight:
You post in an aggressive manner insulting me.
You're censured for that post.
Springjack agrees with that post and you consider that a personal attack.

Is that about right?

Mbarr 9th March 2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 134335)
Hang on, let me get this straight:
You post in an aggressive manner insulting me.
You're censured for that post.
Springjack agrees with that post and you consider that a personal attack.

Is that about right?

YES that is right....I "may" have made a personal attack on you...which will be spilled wide open (as I have PM'ed your employer with more detail *which I should have done in the first place) for springjack to comment with nothing more than a smiley IS a personal attack!!...the situation is NOTHING to do with him...he has added NOTHING to it other than belittle me...so therefore he has breached the terms (as I have accordingly done)...I took my infraction on the chin...what about Springjack?...he has belittled & made fun of me on a subject he was not completely aware of (shall I post my PM to your employer?) his :) belittles & makes fun of ME...so in fairness I would ask that you act on it accordingly (preferably publicly as you did with myself)

Sarah@Cult Labs 9th March 2011 10:27 PM

Perhaps you shouldn't have belittled Nos in the first place. By doing THAT publicly you made it the business of everyone who read it. Therefore anyone is free to comment as far as I can tell...

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk

MJC123 9th March 2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbarr (Post 134345)
YES that is right....I "may" have made a personal attack on you...which will be spilled wide open (as I have PM'ed your employer with more detail *which I should have done in the first place) for springjack to comment with nothing more than a smiley IS a personal attack!!...the situation is NOTHING to do with him...he has added NOTHING to it other than belittle me...so therefore he has breached the terms (as I have accordingly done)...I took my infraction on the chin...what about Springjack?...he has belittled & made fun of me on a subject he was not completely aware of (shall I post my PM to your employer?) his :) belittles & makes fun of ME...so in fairness I would ask that you act on it accordingly (preferably publicly as you did with myself)

Oh dear.
Would you act like that in 'real life'? i.e not on the internet.
If you have a problem with someone or rather something, keep it to PM (as in how you would in 'real life' or maybe you announce it over the closest P.A system), as for writing to an 'employer' to complain about someone, I sure hope you are confident and assured in your convictions. As I am a Lawyer by day (and sometimes night) and that sort of behaviour, is not looked kindly on.....believe me...:doh: