Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Beyond Re-Animator – The Film Debate (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/4789-beyond-re-animator-%E2%80%93-film-debate.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 09:31 AM

Beyond Re-Animator – The Film Debate

This is the place to chat about the third part in Brian Yuzna's horror-comedy series about the ambitious and slightly deranged Dr Herbert West.

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 05:35 PM

I thought Beyond Re-Animator was pretty entertaining. Not as good as the first or second films and Bruce Abbot was sorely missed as West's partner in crime, Dan Cain, but you can't fault the great Jeffery Combs. Now, where's the bloody fourth film!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 06:15 PM

Yeah any sort of sequel was gonna fall short of the classic original,but yes Combs is always a good watch.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 130862)
Yeah any sort of sequel was gonna fall short of the classic original,but yes Combs is always a good watch.

I really need to re-watch these three films as, as far as I can remember, I think I preferred Beyond Re-Animator to Bride of Re-Animator.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 07:00 PM

Yeah,I've only ever watched BRIDE the once.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 130901)
Yeah,I've only ever watched BRIDE the once.

I've seen it three or four times (and two different versions) because I have reviewed it several years ago. I remember the picture quality being awful, really murky and with dreadful definition.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 07:20 PM

The first Tartan release was cut I believe,wasn't it?

Beyond Re-Animator will be worth revisiting.

Set in a nuthouse wasn't it?

re.form 24th February 2011 07:47 PM

The third film is the weakest but its a very strong franchise, so thats not a criticism. It's really good fun, some of the special effects are exceptional.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 130920)
The first Tartan release was cut I believe,wasn't it?

Beyond Re-Animator will be worth revisiting.

Set in a nuthouse wasn't it?

I can't remember -- it's either an insane asylum or a maximum security prison.

Actually, I've just remembered that it is set in a prison where Herbert West has been serving a sentence for his previous crimes and is working as an assistant in the infirmary where (I think) he is covertly carrying out his experiments by gaining access to the morgue.

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 07:52 PM

Yeah, it's set in a prison with West incarcerated there after the events of Bride. And Elsa Patakay is hotttttttttttt! :tongue1: