Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Slaughter High – The DVD Specs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/5532-slaughter-high-%E2%80%93-dvd-specs.html)

TJ Doc 9th May 2011 05:34 PM

... Then consider it pre-ordered.

Calum 2nd June 2011 02:17 PM

Don't forget that this is showing in Glasgow this Sunday with an in-person appearance and Q and A from Carolnie Munro herself!

The Funhouse / Slaughter High

I'll also be doing a BIG DVD giveaway to attendees so come along and you may just win a freebie or two!

BAKA 16th July 2011 12:26 PM

I quite like that the back of the poster is a collection of all of the Arrow Video covers. Not that I use the posters anyway, but it's pretty nice. Perhaps they've done this before, and I've just never noticed.

PaulD 16th July 2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 166297)
I quite like that the back of the poster is a collection of all of the Arrow Video covers. Not that I use the posters anyway, but it's pretty nice. Perhaps they've done this before, and I've just never noticed.

It's a bit disappointing that it's advertised as a 2-sided poster though if that's the case. To me, a 2-sided poster implies a poster image on each side. By that token every poster every is 2-sided :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th July 2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 166369)
It's a bit disappointing that it's advertised as a 2-sided poster though if that's the case. To me, a 2-sided poster implies a poster image on each side. By that token every poster every is 2-sided :)

Most of the posters have the Arrow Video collection on one side, but some of them such as The Funhouse, Obsession, Tenebrae and Phenomena have alternate artwork on the other side.

Prince_Vajda 16th July 2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 166369)

Same here. I personally would have loved an original artwork poster for Kentucky Fried Movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 166399)
Most of the posters have the Arrow Video collection on one side, but some of them such as The Funhouse, Obsession, Tenebrae and Phenomena have alternate artwork on the other side.

Nos, you have the possibility to contact those in charge @ Arrow's, I guess? Tell them we really love their releases, but REAL two-sided posters for every future Arrow release would be the icing on the cake. :nod:

Greetings!

PaulD 17th July 2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Yeah, my issue is just that every poster is advertised as 2-sided, regardless of whether it has alternate artwork or an Arrow ad on the reverse. Just comes across as a bit misleading that's all. No big deal obv! Also getting way off-topic here! Back to DVD specs...

Amertume 17th July 2011 06:57 AM

I definitely agree about the two-sided thingie. Seems like only the most expensive dvd-releases with four panels have true two-sided posters?

Which artwork did they choose for the poster in the case of Slaughter High??

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th July 2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amertume (Post 166458)
Which artwork did they choose for the poster in the case of Slaughter High??

It's the same artwork by Graham Humphreys as on the front cover, which looks really good on a piece of paper that size.

BAKA 17th July 2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Most? I take it this is limited to DVD releases then, as every Arrow Blu-ray I have has a double-sided poster relating to the movie (there are only 2 I don't own)?

This is actually my first Arrow Video DVD I own, and I felt it was a nice change to see all the original artwork collected together. I at least appreciate it, if no one else does. I'm sure this is possibly related to the quality of the image artwork they have for the cover, and if it will scale to poster size for print?