Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Pieces – The Archive Discussion (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/6033-pieces-%E2%80%93-archive-discussion.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th June 2011 12:39 PM

Pieces – The Archive Discussion

When you meet him, you’ll go to PIECES!

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...verreduced.jpg

Jigsaw puzzles can be maddening. They drive to distraction. You might even go so crazy to take your own mother down with an axe...

On a Boston Campus, young girls are missing out. Missing out on hands, feet, arms and heads as a certain puzzled psychopath, forty years down the line, carves a bloody swathe through the female college population. Only one tough cop has the stones to bring him in but can he track down the slayer before all the girls are mincemeat?

If you want classic, leering, sleazy, slasher action, then PIECES will take a chainsaw to your skull.

THIS EDITION CONTAINS:
- Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork
- Double-sided fold-out artwork poster
- Collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Stephen Thrower, author of ‘Nightmare USA’.

DVD CONTAINS:
- Introduction by star Jack Taylor
- Pieces of Jack: An Actors Experience of Spanish Splatter – Actor Jack Taylor recollects his experiences of performing in Pieces
- Pieces of Deconstruction: Looking Back at a Grindhouse Gorefest – Hostel producer Scott Spiegel, filmmaker Howard S. Berger, critic Michael Gingold and horror historian Santos Ellin Jr. reflect on the lasting legacy, and lacerations, of Pieces!
- Audio Commentary with Fangoria magazine’s Tony Timpone, sharing first hand recollections of the golden age of slasher cinema, moderated by Calum Waddell

Artwork by Jeff Zornow Must be Destroyed

In original 1.66:1 (16x9) anamorphic aspect ratio

Optional English and Spanish original mono audio

82 mins approx
Region 0 PAL

RRP £15.99

Released 5th September 2011

Alternate artwork:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...verreduced.jpg

PaulD 30th June 2011 12:47 PM

Woo! Excellent news. Shame about the lack of a BD release (I presume the materials weren't up to scratch?) but couldn't be happier about seeing this in a white box.

Can I also get a little egotistical and take sole credit for the use of the tagline on the original artwork cover? :)

I know it's a fairly obvious choice, but would be nice to think I get listened to once in a while...
:)

Prince_Vajda 30th June 2011 12:52 PM

Fantastic news indeed! :woot:

Greetings!

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th June 2011 12:55 PM

Nice new artwork for this.

This had better sell by the bucketload after all the demand it has had on here.

Gojirosan 30th June 2011 01:05 PM

That new artwork may be the worst, ugliest, tackiest thing I have ever seen on an Arrow release. Do not like.

Thank God for the alternative option.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th June 2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 161873)
Can I also get a little egotistical and take sole credit for the use of the tagline on the original artwork cover? :)

I know it's a fairly obvious choice, but would be nice to think I get listened to once in a while...
:)

You can feel as egotistical as you want but, really, there was really only one choice for the tagline!

Judging by the Should Arrow Video Release... and Arrow Video Artwork threads, it is an incredibly popular title, so I hope there's a lot of happy people out there.

BAKA 30th June 2011 01:14 PM

Gutted this isn't coming out on Blu-ray, had high expectations. Not a fan of the cover either, I was hoping for a nice painted Rick Melton cover. Not a fan of Zornow's comic book style, but that's a personal preference, I'm sure there are plenty of people who are the opposite.

I'll look forward to see how the transfer turns out, and the special features (they do sound interesting), but it'll take a lot for me to replace my current DVD.

Prince_Vajda 30th June 2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 161877)
Nice new artwork for this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 161880)
That new artwork may be the worst, ugliest, tackiest thing I have ever seen on an Arrow release. Do not like.

That's the way it should be - the only artwork that would not fit Pieces would be a dull one. :lol:

Greetings!

PS: I personally dislike the cover, too.
PPS: Yet I have to admit that it suits the movie.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th June 2011 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This would have been the best cover artwork.

Paul@TheOverlook 30th June 2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 161880)

Thank God for the alternative option.

I like the cover - makes the villain look like Kim Newman!