Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   The Devil's Kiss (ArrowDrome) - Official Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/6315-devils-kiss-arrowdrome-official-thread.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 29th July 2011 10:08 AM

The Devil's Kiss (ArrowDrome) - Official Thread

The Devil’s Kiss (ArrowDrome)

One kiss dragged the dead from their graves...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...Compressed.jpg

Claire Grandier is a medium with one thing on her mind... Blood drenched vengeance. She’s a psychic black widow who’ll stop at nothing to destroy the Duke De Haussement, the man she holds responsible for her husband’s untimely death.

After charming her way into the creepy basement of the Duke’s crumbling castle on the promise of revealing occult secrets, she sets to work with a sick professor and a twisted dwarf, creating a demon-possessed Frankenstein zombie who’s programmed to Kill! Kill! Kill! in this demented and mixed up Spanish classic.

Wild 70s fashion and fashionable devilry collide with every cliché in the gothic horror manual for a wild ride into sleazy retro Euro-terror. Prepare to feel the wicked caresses of Satan...

ARROWDROME IS A FLEAPIT SELECTED LIBRARY OF CULT FILMS; VIOLENT, HORRIFIC, SLEAZY, EXPLOITATIVE. TO EXPLORE STEP IN TO THE CULT ARENA! EVERY ARROWDROME RELEASE INCLUDES A REVERSIBLE SLEEVE OF ORIGINAL ARTWORK AND A COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET!

ALSO INCLUDES EUROCINÉ HORROR TRAILER REEL+ NEW BOOKLET BY AUTHOR STEPHEN THROWER!

89 mins approx
Region 0 PAL
RRP £9.99
Released 17th October (HMV in-store exclusive until 14 November 2011)

DVD only

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th July 2011 02:06 PM

Much better than Erik the Viking. Never seen it, sounds great. We need more gothic horror, cliched or not.

Daemonia 29th July 2011 02:15 PM

This is absolutely bonkers, but in a good way. I won't spoil the fun, but there's telepathic control of dead men, dwarves, 70's fashions, sexiness and groovy music. Need I say more?

Prince_Vajda 29th July 2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 169388)
This is absolutely bonkers, but in a good way. I won't spoil the fun, but there's telepathic control of dead men, dwarves, 70's fashions, sexiness and groovy music. Need I say more?

Sounds like a big load of fun. :p

Greetings!

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th July 2011 02:19 PM

Delighted that more obscure films are being lined up for release rather than the same old fan favourites.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th July 2011 03:44 PM

VERY much looking forward to this one. :nod:

Good choice, Arrow.

dream demon 29th July 2011 04:00 PM

I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds great and I will definitely be picking up a copy. :nod: I for one am getting quite excited to see what Arrowdrome has in store for us next. :clap:

Pete 29th July 2011 04:18 PM

I had the old Image DVD and by Eurocine standards it's pretty good.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th July 2011 04:22 PM

I'm really looking forward to watching this and giving some background info from the booklet.

Gojirosan 29th July 2011 04:24 PM

This looks right up my street and I look forward to it!

Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. 29th July 2011 05:32 PM

Not sure if I have seen it, but it sounds very familiar. Either way I will definitely be picking this up upon release. Love the cover.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th July 2011 05:38 PM

I also think the new cover art is quite striking with a great contrast between the top and bottom halves.

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th July 2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 169451)
I also think the new cover art is quite striking with a great contrast between the top and bottom halves.

Whats the old cover art like?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th July 2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 169453)

I have no idea, but I said 'new' as it is a new piece of artwork. Maybe the original will be on the other side of the sleeve.

Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. 29th July 2011 05:49 PM

It will be exciting to actually hold an ArrowDrome DVD in my hands. I can't exclaim enough how much I love the way the covers are handled simply from a design standpoint. Although I don't see myself picking up many of the pink ones I am reserving a shelf for the many red Arrowdrome releases.

Pete 29th July 2011 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 169453)

Here is the Image dvd cover:

Attachment 16826

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th July 2011 06:50 PM

That's the disc I used to own :nod:

PaulD 29th July 2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 169483)
That's the disc I used to own :nod:

Currently residing in my own dvd collection :)

pedromonkey 29th July 2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 169388)

SOLD!!!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th July 2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 169460)
Here is the Image dvd cover:

Attachment 16826

That guy gets everywhere, first he's sneaking a pervy glance at Barbara Bouchet, now he's getting off on those two screaming victims. :eyebrows:

ecc 30th July 2011 12:47 AM

The old SWV tape features a more complete title sequence than the Image DVD version as well as some sex scene inserts (although there is a debate as to whether they originated with Eurocine or were added by the American distributor for the WICKED CARESSES OF SATAN version).

Daemonia 30th July 2011 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 169535)
SOLD!!!!

My work here is done.

Seriously, you'll have a great time. ;)

It's up there with the best of the bad, including Bloody Pit of Horror - now there's one Arrow should consider. But I'm a trash fiend. Easily pleased and hard to offend. ;)

Except for Adam Sandler. Annoying twat.

PS: How about 7 Women For Satan?

Mojo 30th July 2011 07:13 PM

If this is the film I'm thinking of, then Daemonia is right - it's pretty mental.

Looking forward to this one.

Sarah@Cult Labs 3rd August 2011 07:28 AM

I've not actually seen this but I love a bit of mad gothic horror so I'll look forward to it!

Thanks for all the recommendations!

Daemonia 7th August 2011 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 170953)
I've not actually seen this but I love a bit of mad gothic horror so I'll look forward to it!

Thanks for all the recommendations!

And mad it is. It doesnt't make a scrap of sense. But in its undeterred way it tries to suck you in....and it does. I'm now irreversibly brain damaged. :lol:

Would Arrow consider adding Orloff and the Invisible Man to this line? An invisible rape, it's unmissable. :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th August 2011 06:23 AM

Well,they did release it originally.......:nod:

Pete 7th August 2011 01:16 PM

If I remember correctly, the invisible man turns out to be a gorilla!

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th August 2011 01:21 PM

The print quality is not great with Orloff if i remember rightly.

Daemonia 8th August 2011 12:50 PM

Bloody Pit of Horror is another mad gothic horror that deserves a UK release. The dialogue is priceless and it's a laugh riot from start-to-finish. A firm favourite alongside Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks.

Some lines from Bloody Pit of Horror that will absolutely make you want to seek it out....

'You met the owner of the house. What's he like?'
'It's difficult to say, really. He was half-hidden behind a table.'

'Yeah, but he's dead, and I want to go on living.'
'I'll double your salary.'
'My life's worth more than that.'
'Triple it.
'Okay, it's a deal.'

'I'm not just a dumb blonde, you know.'
'Who says you're a blonde?'

'Just as I thought: The rope wasn't worn; it was cut. At this point, there's only one explanation: Deliberate murder.'

'Mankind is made up of inferior creatures, spiritually and physically deformed, who would have corrupted the harmony of my perfect body.'

'What's this? What's that strange shadow near the frame of the door? That almost looks like a man's head.'
'Yes, it does. That's exactly what I thought, but it just can't be. Still, it does look like a man's head....with a hood on it.'

'The Crimson Executioner invented the torture of icy water for creatures like you!'

'The Crimson Executioner cries out for blood!'

:lol: :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th August 2011 06:34 PM

Yeah,that was one idiotic film.:nod:

I used to own it on the SWV label.

g053584398 14th August 2011 11:14 PM

I like the sound of this one. I like 'em crazy after all!

Will this feature an anamorphic transfer?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th August 2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 173994)

I'll ask and find out for you.

g053584398 19th August 2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 174011)
I'll ask and find out for you.

Did you find out anything about the aspect ratio, Phantom Der Nacht?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th August 2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 175349)
Did you find out anything about the aspect ratio, Phantom Der Nacht?

Not yet, but I'd be amazed if it wasn't anamorphic.

platostotal 19th August 2011 11:19 PM

As I didn't see a comment, £9.99 is great, I was hoping we wouldn't see £16.99 or the like. At that price it's fun to pop into HMV and check the shelves on a regular basis.

Sarah@Cult Labs 22nd August 2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 173994)
I like the sound of this one. I like 'em crazy after all!

It will indeed. According to Arrow it's 1.66:1 (16x9) Anamorphic.

g053584398 22nd August 2011 01:56 PM

Thanks for the info Sarah. I am looking forward to this one.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd August 2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 175381)
As I didn't see a comment, £9.99 is great, I was hoping we wouldn't see £16.99 or the like. At that price it's fun to pop into HMV and check the shelves on a regular basis.

All the ArrowDrome titles are £5.99 online, with the first two being HMV exclusives. With reversible sleeves, booklets and some extra features, I think they are great value for money and will be another series to collect!

g053584398 22nd August 2011 06:53 PM

Will this feature the French dub and English subtitles?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd August 2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 175912)
Will this feature the French dub and English subtitles?

Good question. I'll ask and find out.