Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Trilogy of the Dead (ArrowDrome) - Official Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/6593-trilogy-dead-arrowdrome-official-thread.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st September 2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 178026)
Huh?? :laugh:

That should have been "nice looking set", which has now been appropriately edited!

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st September 2011 11:46 AM

Shame that Arrow aren't releasing Night on BD. A real missed opportunity. It's clear from past discussions that it's what we all want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st September 2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 178049)
Shame that Arrow aren't releasing Night on BD. A real missed opportunity. It's clear from past discussions that it's what we all want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a shame but, as has been seen, it's one thing securing the rights and quite another to release it with an encoding with which everyone is happy. I hope it's something which Arrow Video don't forget or completely dismiss as a lost cause and start investigating in earnest.

darthelvis 1st September 2011 11:57 AM

A nice Blu Ray of Night of the Living Dead would be a top seller, the other releases out there have nothing in terms of extras and it's crying out for a special edition!

nekromantik 1st September 2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 178052)
It is a shame but, as has been seen, it's one thing securing the rights and quite another to release it with an encoding with which everyone is happy. I hope it's something which Arrow Video don't forget or completely dismiss as a lost cause and start investigating in earnest.

as its in the public domain Arrow dont need rights to release it.
there are already 2 lackluster BDs of this out in the UK.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st September 2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 178071)
as its in the public domain Arrow dont need rights to release it.
there are already 2 lackluster BDs of this out in the UK.

The film may be, but the extras will be owned by various third parties. It could be quite costly for Arrow to pay for rights to all the extras, and create a true 'definitive' release.

Still, I'd love for them release NOTLD on BD.

nekromantik 1st September 2011 12:18 PM

arrow could create their own extras or release bare bones blu as a budget arrowdome blu

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st September 2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 178075)
arrow could create their own extras or release bare bones blu as a budget arrowdome blu

As ArrowDrome is a DVD only range, it would have to be released by Arrow Video and I imagine High Rising Productions would be able to make an hour or so of new extra features. It would be even better if the bonus features from the Elite Entertainment Millennium Edition DVD could be bought and added to any Blu-ray release from Arrow.

nekromantik 1st September 2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 178076)
As ArrowDrome is a DVD only range, it would have to be released by Arrow Video and I imagine High Rising Productions would be able to make an hour or so of new extra features. It would be even better if the bonus features from the Elite Entertainment Millennium Edition DVD could be bought and added to any Blu-ray release from Arrow.

yeah that sounds good but even a barebones arrow video blu would been good as we can get the Optininum blu for cheap now for the extras while a non cropped HD transfer of the movie from Arrow :)

Roughale 1st September 2011 12:32 PM

What a nice looking set! I am a sick Romero Zombie Collector, must be related to my early watching of Dawn at a cinema when I was 14 :pound: But whatever, before I jump on this, I need to find out one thing: Trilogy of the Dead so far had always included a slightly cut version of Dawn (I think even Savini and/or Romero commented on this in the audio commentary) - is this still the case? If so, is there a way to just grab the packaging somewhere? I mean, I have tons of these three films, including a very expensive purchase back in the days, namely the NL VHS of Day for a little under 100 Reichs... sorry Deutsch Marks :laugh: