Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Don't Go In The House - Official Announcement (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/7466-dont-go-house-official-announcement.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 11:39 AM

Don't Go In The House - Official Announcement

Don't Go in the House (ArrowDrome)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...DVDFront2D.jpg

IN A STEEL ROOM BUILT FOR REVENGE THEY DIE BURNING... IN CHAINS

Most horror killers like to slash and slice their victims but little Donny prefers setting them alight in Don’t Go In The House, a sleazy reminder of just how shocking horror movies could get in the video nasty era.

Donny is a disturbed kid... A mother’s boy if you will. That is until mother expires and Donny’s world crumbles in on itself. Now, lonely, adrift and enslaved to dark voices in his head, Donny seeks female companionship but drinks and dancing are the last thing on his mind. Mother’s telling him he’s a bad boy and the voices won’t let him rest. Maybe if he just gets a girl home and into his steel lined burning chamber, the chatter might quiet down...

Now see Don’t Go In The House – complete and uncut – and revel in the surreal sleaze, low rent Hitchcock melodrama, off Broadway acting and extreme, heat-seared violence of an independent horror classic that still retains its ability drop jaws, rattle cages and offend sensibilities over 30 years later.

ARROWDROME IS A FLEAPIT SELECTED LIBRARY OF CULT FILMS; VIOLENT, HORRIFIC, SLEAZY, EXPLOITATIVE. TO EXPLORE STEP IN TO THE CULT ARENA! EVERY ARROWDROME RELEASE INCLUDES A REVERSIBLE SLEEVE OF ORIGINAL ARTWORK AND A COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET!

ALSO INCLUDES A TRAILER, TEASER AND ARROWDROME HORROR TRAILERS + BOOKLET BY HORROR EXPERT ANTHONY TIMPONE!

TOTALLY UNCUT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE UK!

Region 2 PAL
RRP £9.99
DVD Released 26/03/12

PaulD 23rd December 2011 11:50 AM

Excellent!

Nice surprise - didn't think about the fact that new announcements were due soon (a week early because of christmas I suspect)

I've never actually seen this film but wanted to after watching Nucleus' Video Nasties set so can't wait for this.

Gojirosan 23rd December 2011 11:51 AM

Oooooh! Nice. Good film. Be interesting to see if they plump for a widescreen or unmatted presentation.

nekromantik 23rd December 2011 12:21 PM

I still have yet to see this but been meaning to for a few years :lol:
Will try and grab this if its at the lower end of the price range.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 12:23 PM

Out of all the announcements today, this is easily the one I'm looking forward to the most! It's a bit of a shame it's not been given the Arrow Video treatment, but I'm sure this release will be brilliant anyway.

bigandya 23rd December 2011 12:34 PM

Great film! Is that really a 2013 release???

nekromantik 23rd December 2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigandya (Post 205436)

think its a typo, doubt they would announce a release 2 years in advance :laugh:

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 205452)
think its a typo, doubt they would announce a release 2 years in advance :laugh:

Gives us time to save up for it.:lol:

The best of the new anouncements by far.

I suppose The Deadly Spawn is really but i already have the excellent Synapse dvd.

Slippery Jack 23rd December 2011 02:16 PM

Saw this for the first time a few months back and was quite taken with it. Very well made and performed I thought - heard folk bashing Dan Grimaldi's performance, but I thought he was great. I'll be getting the Shriek Show dvd though for the commentary and featurettes . . .

Sarah@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigandya (Post 205436)

Whoops! I missed that. Didn't read through properly before I posted. It is, indeed a 2012 release. March 2012 to be exact! :)