Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Don't Go In The House - Official Announcement (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/7466-dont-go-house-official-announcement.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 11:39 AM

Don't Go In The House - Official Announcement

Don't Go in the House (ArrowDrome)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...DVDFront2D.jpg

IN A STEEL ROOM BUILT FOR REVENGE THEY DIE BURNING... IN CHAINS

Most horror killers like to slash and slice their victims but little Donny prefers setting them alight in Don’t Go In The House, a sleazy reminder of just how shocking horror movies could get in the video nasty era.

Donny is a disturbed kid... A mother’s boy if you will. That is until mother expires and Donny’s world crumbles in on itself. Now, lonely, adrift and enslaved to dark voices in his head, Donny seeks female companionship but drinks and dancing are the last thing on his mind. Mother’s telling him he’s a bad boy and the voices won’t let him rest. Maybe if he just gets a girl home and into his steel lined burning chamber, the chatter might quiet down...

Now see Don’t Go In The House – complete and uncut – and revel in the surreal sleaze, low rent Hitchcock melodrama, off Broadway acting and extreme, heat-seared violence of an independent horror classic that still retains its ability drop jaws, rattle cages and offend sensibilities over 30 years later.

ARROWDROME IS A FLEAPIT SELECTED LIBRARY OF CULT FILMS; VIOLENT, HORRIFIC, SLEAZY, EXPLOITATIVE. TO EXPLORE STEP IN TO THE CULT ARENA! EVERY ARROWDROME RELEASE INCLUDES A REVERSIBLE SLEEVE OF ORIGINAL ARTWORK AND A COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET!

ALSO INCLUDES A TRAILER, TEASER AND ARROWDROME HORROR TRAILERS + BOOKLET BY HORROR EXPERT ANTHONY TIMPONE!

TOTALLY UNCUT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE UK!

Region 2 PAL
RRP £9.99
DVD Released 26/03/12

PaulD 23rd December 2011 11:50 AM

Excellent!

Nice surprise - didn't think about the fact that new announcements were due soon (a week early because of christmas I suspect)

I've never actually seen this film but wanted to after watching Nucleus' Video Nasties set so can't wait for this.

Gojirosan 23rd December 2011 11:51 AM

Oooooh! Nice. Good film. Be interesting to see if they plump for a widescreen or unmatted presentation.

nekromantik 23rd December 2011 12:21 PM

I still have yet to see this but been meaning to for a few years :lol:
Will try and grab this if its at the lower end of the price range.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 12:23 PM

Out of all the announcements today, this is easily the one I'm looking forward to the most! It's a bit of a shame it's not been given the Arrow Video treatment, but I'm sure this release will be brilliant anyway.

bigandya 23rd December 2011 12:34 PM

Great film! Is that really a 2013 release???

nekromantik 23rd December 2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigandya (Post 205436)

think its a typo, doubt they would announce a release 2 years in advance :laugh:

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 205452)
think its a typo, doubt they would announce a release 2 years in advance :laugh:

Gives us time to save up for it.:lol:

The best of the new anouncements by far.

I suppose The Deadly Spawn is really but i already have the excellent Synapse dvd.

Slippery Jack 23rd December 2011 02:16 PM

Saw this for the first time a few months back and was quite taken with it. Very well made and performed I thought - heard folk bashing Dan Grimaldi's performance, but I thought he was great. I'll be getting the Shriek Show dvd though for the commentary and featurettes . . .

Sarah@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigandya (Post 205436)

Whoops! I missed that. Didn't read through properly before I posted. It is, indeed a 2012 release. March 2012 to be exact! :)

Rassilon 23rd December 2011 03:19 PM

Looking forward to this after seeing the trailer on the video nasties documentary.

Hawkmonger 23rd December 2011 03:21 PM

Nice to see Arrowdrome coming into it's own and not just rereleasing a tone of AV titles.

Sam 23rd December 2011 06:23 PM

Great news, been wanting to see this one for a while - a definite pre-order :nod:

Mojo 23rd December 2011 07:08 PM

Wow! This was a surprise! I'll definitely be picking this one up.

Confirmation of its uncut status:

Title « British Board of Film Classification

:)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 205433)
Out of all the announcements today, this is easily the one I'm looking forward to the most! It's a bit of a shame it's not been given the Arrow Video treatment, but I'm sure this release will be brilliant anyway.

Me too.

It's a great slice of sleazy horror.

Glad to see it managed to get through uncut, too.

Susan Foreman 23rd December 2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 205519)
Confirmation of its uncut status:

Title « British Board of Film Classification

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 205520)
Glad to see it managed to get through uncut, too.

If memory serves, the film has some very strong sequences

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 205535)
If memory serves, the film has some very strong sequences

Yes, I remember one of the opening scenes in particular being pretty horrific.

I have the uncut Shriek Show disc, but haven't seen it in a while. I may have to give it a spin over the Xmas holidays.

ReturnToZero 23rd December 2011 08:15 PM

I already have the R1 DVD so i will probably not pick this one up but the artwork for these ArrowDrome releases looks so ****ing good. :nod:

Scyther 23rd December 2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 205540)
I already have the R1 DVD so i will probably not pick this one up but the artwork for these ArrowDrome releases looks so ****ing good. :nod:

Indeed. I first heard of Arrow via a Horrorhound article and was immediately taken with the immense artwork of their releases. A bit jealous here in the States. :rolleyes:

Andra Jai 24th December 2011 05:30 AM

This is one of the few nasties I haven't seen however I gave up on dvd a while back, shame there's no blu ray otherwise I would have given this a go

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th December 2011 06:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Excellent choice!
Especially if that old Arcade cover is used on the reverse.
'Nasties' fans will lap it up!

bigandya 24th December 2011 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 205591)
This is one of the few nasties I haven't seen however I gave up on dvd a while back, shame there's no blu ray otherwise I would have given this a go

Oh Andrew can't believe you're going to miss out on one of the best psycho slashers of the 80s because its not going to be available on Blu Ray!

This film is dirty, nasty, deranged and way out OTT fun. The scene near the start where our hero suspends his latest pickup naked from a chain in his purpose built reinforced steel furnace room, and gives her a dose... with a flamethrower is iconic amongst nasties fans. Amazing this has got through the old BBFC but then, in the light of the CH and HOTEOTP decisions, just about anything goes.

Pick this one up Andrew and see the most horrific scene in just about any nasty ever filmed... the legendary disco scene with full late 70s/early 80s fashions and moves.

And stop being such a format snob :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th December 2011 07:17 AM

And neither can this Andrew......
It's up there with Maniac and New York Ripper in the scuzz stakes!:nod:

Slippery Jack 24th December 2011 10:19 AM

It's funny, everyone keeps banging on about how scuzzy and deranged it is, but I saw it mainly as a fairly restrained character piece in the mould of Psycho, with a few grim deaths (well, one in particular ;)) thrown into the mix. Never really thought of it as a 'nasty' . . .

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th December 2011 10:41 AM

Torching that chick in the steel room ain't nasty? :lol:

Lock up your women people!;)

Crimson Blade 24th December 2011 12:27 PM

I find it astonishing that the BBFC are quite happy passing scenes of naked women being burnt alive, but still insist on cutting a few seconds of nipple slicing from the New York Ripper.

ReturnToZero 24th December 2011 12:44 PM

Well.. BBFC are hypocrites and culture fascists who want's you to actually believe that violent art/entertainment are dangerous for you.

"****ing censors" <---- They are everywhere! :lol:

Beyond72 24th December 2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 205593)
Excellent choice!
Especially if that old Arcade cover is used on the reverse.
'Nasties' fans will lap it up!

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6...allpape.th.jpg

Spammed with ImageShack.us :tongue1:

Gojirosan 24th December 2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 205602)
And neither can this Andrew......
It's up there with Maniac and New York Ripper in the scuzz stakes!:nod:

It's better made than either of those, I reckon. And has far more going on in terms of character. It's one of the few real gems in the DPP's list.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th January 2012 08:37 PM

What's the latest on this one Kyle me old mucker?

That NICE Arcade artwork being considered for the flipside?:eyebrows:

Poll time methinks!

Vampix 19th January 2012 10:51 PM

I'll be having a copy of ArrowDrome's Don't Go in the House for sure.

Splatterdragon73 20th January 2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 205457)
I'll be getting the Shriek Show dvd though for the commentary and featurettes.

I'm hanging on to my copy of the above too for the same reason and i was hoping Arrow could've cooked up a few exclusive extras for their release bar the trailers.

But nevertheless my DGITH pre-order has been in for a short while now seeing as the price is right and it's great to have the film uncut on DVD over here.:)

Sargento 9th March 2012 04:31 PM

Not seen any specs for this .. but it's Arrow after all! Hardly be releasing any old rubbish would they!? ANyway, for £3.99 who can argue?:eek:

Peter Neal 10th March 2012 06:00 AM

This is one nasty which could do with an update in my collection, so consider me more than interested. :nod:

Pinhead0303 10th March 2012 09:06 AM

Does anyone know if this release is going to have a 1.85 or 1.33 aspect ratio? I can't find that info anywhere. There've been two US releases, one of each ratio so wondered which Arrow had. I'm surprised it's not mentioned in the official release notes.

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th March 2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinhead0303 (Post 223209)
Does anyone know if this release is going to have a 1.85 or 1.33 aspect ratio? I can't find that info anywhere. There've been two US releases, one of each ratio so wondered which Arrow had. I'm surprised it's not mentioned in the official release notes.

According to the BBFC it's widescreen.

Sargento 10th March 2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 223211)

Thanks Stephen, but I am surprised Arrow hasn't mentioned the specs on this thread yet. It's normally the first thing mentioned.

Pinhead0303 10th March 2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 223211)

Thanks for that, Stephen.

BAKA 21st March 2012 12:27 PM

On it's way from HMV. Cannot wait. I could be wrong, but I think this is my first Arrow pick up this year. Pretty depressing.

PaulD 21st March 2012 12:31 PM

Cancelled my Amazon order and placed it with HMV in the hope I'll get it at the weekend.