Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Combat Shock - - Official Announcement (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/8558-combat-shock-official-announcement.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th August 2012 08:38 PM

Got a hold of some uppers today and will give this anothr go!:madgrin:

Refused 9th August 2012 09:48 PM

My plan was to watch the theatrical cut, work my way through the extras, then check out the director's cut.

Hawkmonger 10th August 2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 264926)
My plan was to watch the theatrical cut, work my way through the extras, then check out the director's cut.

Have the happy pill's on standby.;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th August 2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 264926)

Make sure you have a feelgood film to put on immediately afterwards otherwise you'll go to bed and wonder if there's any point getting up in the morning!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th August 2012 12:30 PM

My copy arrived from HMV today and it looks to be a superb package, with excellent artwork and what looks to be a really good article by Anthony Timpone in the booklet.

Now to check out the film and listen to the commentary (again) and then go through the other extra features on the second disc.

JC77 10th August 2012 05:23 PM

Mine's (finally) arrived. I guess my HMV order was too late to be taken from their first batch so I had to wait for their next supply; no such thing with (the presumably less appealing to people) Surf Nazis Must Die, which arrived two days before its release.

Rhodes 16th August 2012 10:34 AM

i have to say i wasn't too exited for the troma releases but i just went to hmv and they had all three for £29 so i couldnt really refuse. hmv seem to have really sorted out their arrow/shameless prices (also bfi) so well done whoever got that sorted.
anyway i'm really exited now! cant wait to put myself through combat shock again and very curious to see the director's cut for the first time. nuke em high is probably my favourite troma along with toxic avenger (cos i'm so original like that) and this looks like a glorious package for it (although i cant help but think the sequels should have been shoved on there). surf nazis i really didnt think i'd bother with but what the hell! and i LOVE these art cards! are they random in every release? i got tenebrae/cat o'nine tails and inferno. very nice work arrow!
looks like it's going to be troma night tonight :)

Refused 16th August 2012 10:42 AM

I enjoyed Surf Nazis a lot more this time round, I remember hating it the first time I saw it.
My Combat Shock turned up with a broken case, bah. It seems the double disc white cases are difficult to find too.

Daemonia 16th August 2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thezombiedead (Post 264610)
also it would be cool if arrow put out some Jörg Buttgereit movies

Bit pointless really as they'd never get through the BBFC uncut. They'd be hacked to pieces by our beloved censors and Arrow would end up with a product that no-one would want.

Make Them Die Slowly 16th August 2012 01:32 PM

Anyone seen this, in the flesh, to buy in a shop? I've tried 3 different HMV's and Fopp and so far, nothing.

JC77 16th August 2012 03:56 PM

It's in HMV Burton.

Hawkmonger 16th August 2012 05:12 PM

There are 2 copy's in HMV Bolton.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th August 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 266413)

Were there three before you got there?!

Make Them Die Slowly 16th August 2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 266413)

I'm a bit further over, I've tried Bury, Rochdale and Manchester.

Hawkmonger 16th August 2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 266456)
Were there three before you got there?!

I don't have a copy yet. :doh::laugh:

re.form 16th August 2012 07:52 PM

How much is it in HMV? £25? ;)

Refused 16th August 2012 07:56 PM

The HMV in Southampton was stocked with plenty - 5 or more of each. I think Surf Nazis was £7 and Combat Shock £9.

Vampix 16th August 2012 09:48 PM

I paid six quid for my copy from HMV, bargain! :nod:

Daemonia 17th August 2012 01:01 AM

Not me mate, sorry.

Susan Foreman 11th September 2012 08:54 PM

Combat Shock | DVD Video Review | Film @ The Digital Fix

SilverGunnar Hansen 19th December 2012 04:53 PM

First time seeing this - not bad, liked it more in retrospect than during the viewing. Great package and extras also made me appreciate it more.

Combat Shock (1984) Movie Review from Eye for Film

Susan Foreman 18th January 2014 12:48 AM

Try before you buy!

Combat Shock - YouTube