Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Ian McCulloch Audio Commentary (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/9542-ian-mcculloch-audio-commentary.html)

ArgentoFan1987 24th September 2012 10:50 AM

Ian McCulloch Audio Commentary

I was just wondering if anyone knew if the Ian McCulloch commentary that was on the American Blue Underground release, was on the new Arrow release.:pray:

Daemonia 24th September 2012 11:46 AM

Why? It's not a very good commentary and the moderator (a certain Mr Slater) lets McCulloch ramble on about everything except the bloody film you're watching. Very poor commentary IMO.

Hammer time 24th September 2012 12:59 PM

its on the UK box of the banned dvd

ArgentoFan1987 24th September 2012 01:29 PM

I wanted to know for these reasons three:

1. I've always been interested in commentaries in general
2. Interested in what McCulloch had to say about Zombie Flesh Eaters
3. I was slightly disappointed that the only other two Arrow DVD's I own (Terror at the Opera and Phenomena) were without commentaries :(

Pete 24th September 2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer time (Post 275348)
its on the UK box of the banned dvd

It's not. It is on the the first US dvd from Anchor Bay and the Shriek Show edition.

Andra Jai 24th September 2012 02:51 PM

I actually thought Ian had some good things to say on the commentary, pity I can't say the same about his companion who pretty much had nothing to say and was saying it too loudly.

James Morton 24th September 2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 275375)
I actually thought Ian had some good things to say on the commentary, pity I can't say the same about his companion who pretty much had nothing to say and was saying it too loudly.

his 'companion' Jason Slater who i read had something to do with the crap Vipco a long time ago
have read a lot of his film reviews in THE DARK SIDE mag and imo comes across as a smug git:crazy:

zane 24th September 2012 05:44 PM

As it has already been said, the commentary is boring and doesn't give much new information. I'm sure the audio commentaries on the Arrow Disc will be much more interesting.

Daemonia 24th September 2012 05:44 PM

The only two words I have to say about Jay Slater are these: Silver Fox.

Say no more. ;)

To be fair to Jay he did try and encourage Vipco to include extras on their DVDs but Mike just wasn't interested. They did attempt it by including a MacColl commentary on their City of the Living Dead release, even if it did seem like she was doing the commentary from inside a broom cupboard as she didn't seem to have a clue about the film she was commenting on :lol:

But mj fave Slater moment is on the commentary to VCI's City of the Dead with Chris Lee and Jay mentions Cue Vaydiss. Lee pauses then says 'Oh, you mean Quo Vadis.' I fell off my chair laughing. Sorry Jay. :p

James Morton 24th September 2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 275420)
The only two words I have to say about Jay Slater are these: Silver Fox.

Say no more. ;)

To be fair to Jay he did try and encourage Vipco to include extras on their DVDs but Mike just wasn't interested. They did attempt it by including a MacColl commentary on their City of the Living Dead release, even if it did seem like she was doing the commentary from inside a broom cupboard as she didn't seem to have a clue about the film she was commenting on :lol:

But mj fave Slater moment is on the commentary to VCI's City of the Dead with Chris Lee and Jay mentions Cue Vaydiss. Lee pauses then says 'Oh, you mean Quo Vadis.' I fell off my chair laughing. Sorry Jay. :p

yeah i remember
some one in the darside mag asked allan bryce if slater was 'silver fox'
and bryce replied that he's not saying if he is or not....

but i've never really liked slater and his opinions
it was funny reading about bryce when he jokingly made him out a drunk:)