Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   SHAM031/SHAM201 - Cannibal Holocaust: The Archive Discussion (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/4886-sham031-sham201-cannibal-holocaust-archive-discussion.html)

nekromantik 20th March 2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 137327)
Now there's a thought! Deodato could do a Lucas special and replace all the live animals with CGI ones! I bet that'd be passed uncut in a heartbeat. :lol:

:lol:

Cannibal CGI Holocaust!

I also think that this will be more like an alternative version of the movie and wont be a replacement for the original.

tollickd 21st March 2011 05:59 AM

I have only ever seen this movie uncut on bootleg VHS or on copied dvd's. I would like to own a original copy on dvd region 0 but can't find a European shop online that has them!

y2mimms 21st March 2011 02:38 PM

I for one am looking forward to this little gem of pure cinema pleasure, cut or uncut. Obviously the BBFC will not stand for the animal slaughter scenes but i can't see a real problem with the rest of the movie. If it is cut any further then the animal scenes then i will probably give it a miss as i already own several uncut imports ( although HD does sound tempting ).

TBH, the animal scenes never really had an impact on me anyway and would love if the BBFC gave us the option to view the movie in it's uncut form ( With a strong warning on the case ) or a cut form. Afterall, if you don't like what your seeing, don't watch it in the first place.

Seeing that Deodato himself is working on this one alongside shamless is making this more appealing, but one just hopes that Deodato does not do to CH as to Walter Hill did to The Warriors directors edit.

bigandya 21st March 2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2mimms (Post 137409)
i can't see a real problem with the rest of the movie.

Lets wait and see what happens. The sheer brutality and sexualised violence against women will make this a prime target for BBFC interference in my opinion.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 137326)

Now there's a thought! Deodato could do a Lucas special and replace all the live animals with CGI ones! I bet that'd be passed uncut in a heartbeat. :lol:

And have a cannibal hit his head on a hut door? :happy:

Demoncrat 24th March 2011 03:25 PM

not really the place for this but mate wants to see it. i have the (cough, cough) grindhouse one. wish me luck! he sat through Snuff 102 stonyfaced etc....:pray:

Daemonia 24th March 2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 137456)
And have a cannibal hit his head on a hut door? :happy:

Jabba the Hut? Sorry...I'll grab my coat on the way out........ :lol:

bdc 24th March 2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 137338)
I have only ever seen this movie uncut on bootleg VHS or on copied dvd's. I would like to own a original copy on dvd region 0 but can't find a European shop online that has them!

Region 0?
Where are you located then?

nekromantik 25th March 2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 138157)
Region 0?
Where are you located then?

region 0 means region free :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th March 2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 137338)

For Region 0, the EC Ultrabit Edition is your best bet.