Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Cannibal Holocaust (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   SHAM031 / SHAM201 - Cannibal Holocaust: The Reviews (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cannibal-holocaust/6750-sham031-sham201-cannibal-holocaust-reviews.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st October 2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 191669)
Ahem..cough...The Stone Roses...cough ;)

Sometimes, dead is better

Nasty cough there Rik.;)

The Stone Roses only made one album (doesn't everyone disown the far superior Second Coming) hardly a criteria for best band.

Nice to see them back together, as Ian Brown no longer sells any records and Squire never did anyway, sorry, to please the fans

Oh yeah, CH has some cool music as well.:lol:

Rik 21st October 2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 191922)
Nasty cough there Rik.;)

The Stone Roses only made one album (doesn't everyone disown the far superior Second Coming) hardly a criteria for best band.

Nice to see them back together, as Ian Brown no longer sells any records and Squire never did anyway, sorry, to please the fans

Oh yeah, CH has some cool music as well.:lol:

The Second Coming is one of my favourite albums, rest is true though ha ha

antmumford 21st October 2011 11:24 PM

I can't believe we're still talking Stone Roses. So while we're on the subject I'll give my two cents.... talentless crap. Sooooo bad that its quite shocking they're even on the radar.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd October 2011 11:31 AM

I'm sure there's somewhere here where people can talk about music. Oh yeah, so there is! http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gene...iscussion.html

I'm not overly familiar with The Stone Roses, so can't really join in the 'brilliant or crap' discussion, but I'm sure this won't be had!

Sarah@Cult Labs 26th October 2011 07:25 AM

Zombies DON'T Run: Cannibal Holocaust (1980) (Shameless UK Blu-Ray Version)

Lou Longshanks 6th January 2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 184967)
Bloody hell! his remarks about the transfer are exactly what I was saying in another thread, about what people expect from a BD. He moans that the picture is plauged by constant grain? Well duh! You're going to get grain. I wouldn't be surprised if he moaned like hell about the Close Encounters BD as well (which was pretty grainy). He doesn't have a clue and shouldn't be reviewing anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gave the Ultimate Hunter Edition of Predator a 5/5 on picture quality :rolleyes:

It is because of fools like him that DNR is used to such a degree on Blu-Ray movie transfers.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th January 2012 03:24 PM

Predator is.:lol:

Cue Stephen........:woot:

But yeah CH on BD looks great.:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th January 2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 207828)
Predator is.:lol:

Cue Stephen........:woot:

But yeah CH on BD looks great.:nod:

I'm saying nothing! :P

Pitt the Younger 30th October 2012 02:25 PM

I had mixed feelings about this even before seeing it. For years, as it happens. One of those 'should I really watch it?' dilemmas, given the much reported animal cruelty (and with me being a vegetarian and all that). I read up on the shameless release, and my plan was to watch the re-edit without the animal nastiness, but then I changed my mind and watched the original.

The animal slaughter (it was slaughter and butchery, not torture, although the pig being kicked was nasty) was unpleasant, but no worse than anything I saw when I was active in the BUAV and such like. Still unnecessary, and I would have preferred it to have been faked (as would Deodato himself, now, I would have thought).

As for the film itself, I thought it was very good. That we were being invited to compare the behaviour of the savages with the 'civilised' people (who throughout the film conduct most of the animal abuse and indulge in rape, terror and murder) was evident right from the start given that the original american crew are obnoxious f__ks* from the off. The attendant dialogue/voiceovers ('I wonder who the real cannibals are?') sort of thing is completely unnecessary and grating.

I'm glad I saw it, there were some gripping set pieces and some extraordinary images. I'll probably watch it again in the new edit.

*I probably should have read the t&cs more thoroughly, but what's the rules on bad language here?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th October 2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt the Younger (Post 287986)
*I probably should have read the t&cs more thoroughly, but what's the rules on bad language here?

There aren't any really, but we tend to discourage its overuse and there is a swear filter which will make certain words appear as ****.