Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Censorship (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Censorship (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/censorship/499-censorship.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th January 2021 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 644911)
Indeed.

Though the one in question is more memorable than most cough ..... ;)

Sold!

Ever thought of selling cars, D?

g053584398 27th January 2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 644905)
BBFC banning a movie means i dig out the Shriek Show dvd to find out what all the fuss is about?:confused:?

I have 12 of these Nazisploiters and they all blend into one (Especially those made by Eurocine :lol:).

I'll be doing the same Dem. I've had the DVD for years now and I've never watched the film in any form whatsoever. The myth of the supposedly liberal BBFC is exactly that it seems.

Rob4 27th January 2021 08:51 PM

I think possibly GLO is the only nasty I've never seen.

Clearly some double standards here by the BBFC after they passed SS Experiment Camp with the reason that being offensive is no grounds for a ban.

Gothmogxx 27th January 2021 10:54 PM

I watched Gestapo's Last Orgy and Ilsa She Wolf of the SS when I was about 15 (in 2012). Neither of them depraved and corrupted me. I thought they were ok, Ilsa being the better of the two, but I only watched them because they were controversial, same with most of the Nasties (the only exceptions for me were really Evil Dead, The Burning and Last House on the Left: I wanted to see them because I had genuine interest in them as films, not nasties). Because of this, I now want to watch them again. And SS Experiement Camp.

gag 31st January 2021 08:10 PM

Was flicking thorough tv channels and American re-union was about to start on comedy central, thought haven't seen it for year's, I know some film get cut / trimmed etc but bloody hell they cut the whole entire opening scene out, so I turned off and changed channel, if that was cut out can't imagine how badly rest of the film will be cut.

Demoncrat 31st January 2021 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 645303)
Was flicking thorough tv channels and American re-union was about to start on comedy central, thought haven't seen it for year's, I know some film get cut / trimmed etc but bloody hell they cut the whole entire opening scene out, so I turned off and changed channel, if that was cut out can't imagine how badly rest of the film will be cut.

American PIE yes?? ;)

marvinnashsear 1st February 2021 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 645303)

You should(n't) watch anything on Sony Movie Channel then if you think Comedy Central is bad. True Romance is cut to shreds. And Kill Bill Vol 1 had ALL the swearing cut out of the first part, first part because of that absolutely pointless 5 minute break for "Hollywood Gossip Crap" in the middle of EVERY film. No matter what time of the night it's shown it's always cut the same way. NWR's Drive as well. From Dusk Till Dawn was on Paramount last night too and pretty much all the swearing and violence were intact but they cut out racial slurs and discriminatory language from the opening.

gag 1st February 2021 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 645310)
You should(n't) watch anything on Sony Movie Channel then if you think Comedy Central is bad. True Romance is cut to shreds. And Kill Bill Vol 1 had ALL the swearing cut out of the first part, first part because of that absolutely pointless 5 minute break for "Hollywood Gossip Crap" in the middle of EVERY film. No matter what time of the night it's shown it's always cut the same way. NWR's Drive as well. From Dusk Till Dawn was on Paramount last night too and pretty much all the swearing and violence were intact but they cut out racial slurs and discriminatory language from the opening.

And this is the reason why people should buy physical media instead of watching it on tv or some streaming platform like Netflix.

marvinnashsear 1st February 2021 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 645312)
And this is the reason why people should buy physical media instead of watching it on tv or some streaming platform like Netflix.

I will never abandon physical media as long as it exists. I say this to my sister all the time, in fact I said it yesterday when she was watching Kindergarten Cop that she should get it on DVD cos it was cut to shreds but she just says nobody would notice these things but me and who cares anyway? To be fair, she's not a big film fan or as obsessive as me but I still don't get how she can happily watch anything with bits cut out.

gag 6th April 2021 04:23 PM

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...s-ave-23850825

BBC launches probe into Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em over homophobic slur