Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Christmas Giveaway 2012 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=416)
-   -   Christmas Comp #11 - Dragon Ball Z Box Set! - FINISHED (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/christmas-giveaway-2012/10097-christmas-comp-11-dragon-ball-z-box-set-finished.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 11th December 2012 09:53 AM

Christmas Comp #11 - Dragon Ball Z Box Set! - FINISHED

In today's Christmas Countdown Competition we're giving away something for your kids...and awesome people; DRAGON BALL Z! Woo!

A perfect Christmas present for a young one in your life or yourself! Here's all the details...

DRAGON BALL Z - COMPLETE SEASON ONE

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/...s/MANG6000.jpg

“A PURE EXPRESSION OF EVERYTHING THAT’S GREAT ABOUT ANIME.”
ESCAPIST MAGAZINE

One of the biggest anime franchises of all time – and the one that introduced many anime fans to the genre in the first place – finally comes to DVD in the UK, digitally remastered from the original Japanese film masters and captured in high-definition widescreen!

Key talent:

Scripted by Akira Toriyama (creator of the manga on which it was based) and directed by Daisuke Nishio.

Synopsis:

The Saiyans are coming! The last survivors of a cruel, warrior race, these ruthless villains have carved a path of destruction across the galaxy, and now they have set their sights on Earth. They will stop at nothing until they have the wish-granting powers of the seven magic Dragon Balls for their very own.

With the fate of his family, friends, and the entire human race hanging in the balance, Goku, the Earth’s greatest hero, must rise to meet the approaching threat. As he prepares for the fight of his life, Goku embarks on an epic journey that will take him to other worlds, pit him against new and old enemies alike, and force him to confront the dark secrets of his own past. At the end of his path, the most powerful opponent he has ever faced awaits – the evil Saiyan Prince Vegeta!

We like it because:

This release is pretty much the Holy Grail for Dragon Ball Z fans. Featuring 39 episodes over six discs, it delivers over 900 minutes of pure anime action beautifully remastered to create a stunning visual and audio experience. Dragon Ball Z has never looked or sounded this good before.

Hot Quotes:

“A lot of fun from start to finish.” DVD TALK

Special Features:

- Revised English dialogue – English voice track with original Japanese music in Dolby 5.1.
- Dragon Ball Z Rebirth featurette.
- A New Look featurette.
- Textless opening and closing.
- Trailers.

-----------------

TO WIN....

Remember Pokemon? Of course you do! Well, to win this awesome prize, you'll have to take a trip down memory lane complete with your pokedeck and balls in your hand. (oo-er).

Simply identify the below Pokemon names!

Ha - nice and easy if you're a fan. If not, you're going to have to work for this prize!

Again, each one you get correct, your name will be entered into the random draw.

Just PM (Private Message) me your answers!

Good luck,

Kyle :woot:

fuzzymctiger 11th December 2012 09:54 AM

Why the hell not huh? Its Dragonball Z after all, and i know Pokemon like the back of my hand! :pop2:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 11th December 2012 09:55 AM

I wish we could do the original Pokemon show! That would've been so much fun :nod:

Hawkmonger 11th December 2012 09:57 AM

My childhood in a box set?! :rockon:
I'm in, gimme a tick...

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 11th December 2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 300756)
Why the hell not huh? Its Dragonball Z after all, and i know Pokemon like the back of my hand! :pop2:

Who was your faviourite Pokemon, Fuzzy? Don't say their name if it's one of the answers though!

Edgeworth 11th December 2012 10:04 AM

Easiest competition yet! :coolblue:

sawyer6 11th December 2012 10:20 AM

Yes,too easy !

gag 11th December 2012 10:23 AM

Never took any interest in Pokemon
so u lucky if I know one so have to do my homework if I want to enter ...

fuzzymctiger 11th December 2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 300763)
Who was your faviourite Pokemon, Fuzzy? Don't say their name if it's one of the answers though!

Hard choice! I always loved Lapras and Sandshrew, but Eevee is probably pretty high up.

Actually I decided. It's Munchlax. :tongue1:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 11th December 2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 300775)
Hard choice! I always loved Lapras and Sandshrew, but Eevee is probably pretty high up.

Actually I decided. It's Munchlax. :tongue1:

What about Jynx?!

fuzzymctiger 11th December 2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 300779)
What about Jynx?!

Ahhh, Jynx. Perfect time of the year to bring up Jynx, but I'm always scared it'll start a PC debate about the censorship of the character.

Rik 11th December 2012 10:46 AM

I'm too old to have watched Pokemon, but luckily for me my boys are always either watching it or playing on the 3DS games so this was easy enough for me, only had to check google for the correct spellings :)

Lou Longshanks 11th December 2012 10:51 AM

This competition makes me glad I'm a ninties kid. I've sent you a PM Kyle :)

gag 11th December 2012 11:04 AM

To be honest I've entered but don't count my entry not because I don't want the box set because I'm not really a fan of Pokemon and I'd rather it goes to someone who is or their children are it would be wasted on me,

antmumford 11th December 2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 300790)
To be honest I've entered but don't count my entry not because I don't want the box set because I'm not really a fan of Pokemon and I'd rather it goes to someone who is or their children are it would be wasted on me,

The boxset is Dragonball Z though, not Pokemon ;)

PaulD 11th December 2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 300809)

Ah it's all the same though. Y'know...cartoons

:)

Rik 11th December 2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 300813)

THEY'RE NOT CARTOONS, SCOOBY DOO IS A CARTOON!

:mob::mob::mob::mob::cry::cry::cry:

:laugh:

Hawkmonger 11th December 2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 300813)

:croc::rip:

gag 11th December 2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 300809)

Tbh not sure one from the other I'd rather it go to a good home we enter comps because we like the prize but if its not my cup of tea I'd rather it go to some who actually want it I'm just being honest and truthful, after all if it was a dvd you watched and hated the film then you really wouldn't enter, feel it would be unfair off me if I won

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 11th December 2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 300819)
Tbh not sure one from the other I'd rather it go to a good home we enter comps because we like the prize but if its not my cup of tea I'd rather it go to some who actually want it I'm just being honest and truthful, after all if it was a dvd you watched and hated the film then you really wouldn't enter, feel it would be unfair off me if I won

That's very nice of you gag :)

You could've entered and pretended to be all noble though, by donating it to a member who would really like it. :laugh: You would've been a hero among Labbers :pound:...if you had won!

gag 11th December 2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 300823)
That's very nice of you gag :)

You could've entered and pretended to be all noble though, by donating it to a member who would really like it. :laugh: You would've been a hero among Labbers :pound:...if you had won!

But then I'd become hero to one but enemy amongst others secretly cursing me under their breath and wondering why I chose ? To give the prize to, :rolleyes:
It's the season of good will and I'm doing my bit,

unrealbe 11th December 2012 01:33 PM

these are supposed to be way better then the original anime/cartoon. Would like to see it :)

Refused 11th December 2012 01:58 PM

I used to know all the original Pokemon names... in order. I wasted a lot of my younger years.
Had a soft spot for Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, due to the references to certain martial artists.

Hawkmonger 11th December 2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 300856)
I used to know all the original Pokemon names... in order. I wasted a lot of my younger years.
Had a soft spot for Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, due to the references to certain martial artists.

There is no such thing as waisting so long as your having fun on the spur of the moment. History is for ever, the future lasts a second. Savour it.

Refused 11th December 2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 300857)
There is no such thing as waisting so long as your having fun on the spur of the moment. History is for ever, the future lasts a second. Savour it.

I was in the advanced English class until Pokemon came along. :tongue1:

Hawkmonger 11th December 2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 300859)

Shit you waisted your life bud. :pound:
TBH I would rather have been happy, I would never have fitted into the sporty crowd at 8YO with my Aspergers, so I was with the geeky crew in the IT room with otu Gameboys at lunch time. Do i regret it? No. If I had had the chance to choose again, would I have tried to understand football and become a type to be loved by all? Yes, probably. But that didn't happen, i'm now a member of my College Basketball team, a college reprisentative and vice-president of the film club, thing's come and things go. Such is life.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 11th December 2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 300859)

Who needs education when you can have Bulbasaur?! Bulba! Bulba!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 300863)
Shit you waisted your life bud. :pound:
TBH I would rather have been happy, I would never have fitted into the sporty crowd at 8YO with my Aspergers, so I was with the geeky crew in the IT room with otu Gameboys at lunch time. Do i regret it? No. If I had had the chance to choose again, would I have tried to understand football and become a type to be loved by all? Yes, probably. But that didn't happen, i'm now a member of my College Basketball team, a college reprisentative and vice-president of the film club, thing's come and things go. Such is life.

Eh, who needs popularity when you can stay in your room each night rocking backwards and forwards in the corner because the voices from nowhere wont leave you alone! No, I will not kill! I must not! I will not! ...well, maybe just a little bit. *rock**rock**rock*

Refused 11th December 2012 02:23 PM

I still ended up doing an undergrad degree, and am now studying a masters, so I guess Pokemon did something right!

Rik 11th December 2012 02:42 PM

I spent my teenage years teaching myself guitar, listening to rock/metal/indie music and watching Horror films, I'm now a semi-pro musician, studying to become either a music producer/engineer or maybe a music tutor or maybe working in the film industry creating soundtracks/foley work, yeah I'm a little undecided as to what route I wanna take. And, for the record, I only go out and kill people on a weekend......with my guitar solos :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hawkmonger 11th December 2012 02:47 PM

My autism was what caused alot of angst and seperation. I just didn't know what was wrong with me, worse was knowing I DID have something wrong with me. That's a horrible, helpless feeling right there.

Susan Foreman 11th December 2012 03:11 PM

Look - I am a metalhead/punk splatter movie fan

I absolutely refuse to take part in this competition!

the blob 11th December 2012 03:12 PM

Ha! the Mrs had a big fluffy of one of these and my dog occasionally looks like him when he has his ears back..

Hawkmonger 11th December 2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 300878)

"You Retarded Bro?!"
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...njiTenjiro.png

sethflc 11th December 2012 04:47 PM

Perfect gift for a number of my buddies who absolutely love DBZ. Entered and I'm pretty sure I got them all correct... not sure if I should be proud of that or not :lol:

But seriously Snorlax is the man.

Susan Foreman 11th December 2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 300878)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 300884)

With all due respect, Mr. Monger, 'you retarded, SIS'!

Lou Longshanks 11th December 2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 300884)

Kubo trolled my fandom 2K12.

Hawkmonger 11th December 2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou Longshanks (Post 300935)
Kubo trolled my fandom 2K12.

I love that guy from the Zero Squad, he's such an arse hole you gotta love him. Oh and "Aren't you gonn say she look's like a peach?!":pound:
Interesting when Rukia's arse get's more attention than the reveal of the Soul King.:p
The rest of Zero Squad are extremely odd to say the least, I was expecting Sutara to actualy be Kirio, and the big chick would be someone new, Bald Mr.T (Bonza?) could be the potential leader, and I have nothing to say about 90's kid. Sutara look's prity awsome though.

Slippery Jack 11th December 2012 08:41 PM

No interest in the comp, but interesting learning more about fellow forum folk . . .

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 12th December 2012 09:37 AM

Morning all - hopefully you're not all too cold! Brr!

Another hugely successful competition so a massive thank you to all those who entered :) The correct answers were...

1) Pickachu! "Pika, pika. Pickaaaachuuu"

2) Psyduck "Psy."

3) Jigglypuff. "Jiggle jiggle"?

4) Haunter

5) Meowth

6) Charmander

Well done to those who got all 6 correct. Hopefully you had fun with this and it brought back some good nostalgic memories - it did me! :) Great to see some people asking their friends/family for help with this too.

But there can only be one winner and that lucky, randomly selected person is....

:first: Hawkmonger!

Woo! Congratulations Hawk - this Dragon Ball Z box set is now all yours. A perfect present for all those children you have :p

New competition will be up in just a jiffy. Good luck with that

Gotta win 'em all!

Kyle

Rik 12th December 2012 09:49 AM

Well done Hawk, enjoy the cartoon ;)