Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Crime & Thriller (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=559)
-   -   The Shawshank Redemption Frank Darabont 1994 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/crime-thriller/5620-shawshank-redemption-frank-darabont-1994-a.html)

blu 12th August 2011 04:52 AM

This is easily one of the five best films ever made IMO. Amazing storytelling. Freeman is terrific. Robbins is excellent. Even the actors in the smaller parts are superb. This film defines "the perfect ending" after all the shit Andy goes through.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th August 2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blu (Post 173486)
This film defines "the perfect ending" after all the shit Andy goes through.

I'm actually not so keen on the ending and think it should finish when Red finds the box with the postcard -- the part on the beach just seems unnecessary.

PaulD 12th August 2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blu (Post 173486)
This is easily one of the five best films ever made IMO. Amazing storytelling. Freeman is terrific. Robbins is excellent. Even the actors in the smaller parts are superb. This film defines "the perfect ending" after all the shit Andy goes through.

Quite literally too, if I remember the ending correctly! :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th August 2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 173647)
Quite literally too, if I remember the ending correctly! :)

You do!
Quote:

Andy crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile.

blu 12th August 2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 173505)
I'm actually not so keen on the ending and think it should finish when Red finds the box with the postcard -- the part on the beach just seems unnecessary.

I won't argue that point. I'm okay with the beach scene as it is, but had it had them talking about whatnot, I wouldn't. We just get a visual to match Red's narrating when he says he gets to see his friend again. And this comes from someone who hates that most films have a happy ending.

Man, just talking about it makes me want to watch it again. It was only around 3 months ago that I last watched it. That's what makes it so good. You never get sick of it.

InDogWeTrust 12th August 2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Andy crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile.
They could have called it The Brown Mile.

Demoncrat 17th August 2011 12:01 PM

was it something i said?

am frankly amazed that im still the only one who passed on this....film. and how did he put the poster back up at the end?? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th August 2011 12:09 PM

Although it seems impossible to fix a poster to the wall that tightly when you're behind the poster, you could glue the top very well, put some adhesive on the bottom, climb into the tunnel and then let it fall into place. That's how I think he did it anyway!