Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Shameless Announcement: THE SECT (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/13287-shameless-announcement-sect.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 29th February 2016 03:43 PM

Shameless Announcement: THE SECT

The wait is finally over! We are delighted to announce a brand new film to the Shameless catalogue that you are going to LOVE! A big congratulations to all those who guessed correctly too.

THE SECT
Coming soon to Shameless Blu-ray & DVD!

Written and Produced by the horror-maestro Dario Argento

http://i.imgur.com/hGuqd0g.jpg

Prepare yourself for stunning visuals in the atmospheric and gasp-inducing cult horror Dario Argento's protégé and assistant Michele Soavi (the director of Shameless' CEMETERY MAN aka DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE)

Shameless will present the brand new complete, restored and remastered version from the 2k materials version in original English (as well as Italian with new English subs). This upcoming Shameless release will be the 1st DVD/Blu-ray release of the film in UK and is practically unreleased anywhere else in the world!

Shameless synopsis:

Schoolteacher Kelly Curtis (sister of scream queen, Jamie Lee Curtis) - delivering one of the bes tfemale lead performances in 90s horror cinema - has been chosen by a Manson-like devil-worshipping sect headed by Herbert Lom (of Pink Panther fame) to give birth to the son of Satan, himself.

More details will be announced very shortly, including the brand new artwork. No release date has been confirmed just yet, but The Sect is aiming for a spring release, complete with an exclusive interview with the director.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So, what are you thoughts on this Shameless news? Let us know your thoughts below...

The celebrations aren't over just yet either. Keep an eye out next Monday (7th March) for another Shameless announcement. A very, very exciting film!

Rik 29th February 2016 03:46 PM

I thought this was supposed a world first, or did I read it wrong?

Nordicdusk 29th February 2016 03:48 PM

Great stuff Kyle and a Blu Ray to make it that bit sweeter :happy:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 29th February 2016 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 479743)
I thought this was supposed a world first, or did I read it wrong?

Yep, first ever time on Blu-ray Rik. It may be the first time on UK DVD too. :nod:

Rik 29th February 2016 03:52 PM

Shameless Announcement: THE SECT

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 479746)
Yep, first ever time on Blu-ray Rik. It may be the first time on UK DVD too. :nod:

I never saw blu ray :lol:

Great news :)

Hopefully the Church is next, I prefer that of the two :nod:

Justin101 29th February 2016 03:54 PM

I was going to bite the bullet and buy the Italian DVD the other week, I'll wait for this! It's probably not as good as I remember it to be though :lol:

PaulD 29th February 2016 03:58 PM

Fantastic news! Good to see Shameless releasing a bluray again. This should be a great release!

robertzombie 29th February 2016 04:08 PM

Exciting!

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th February 2016 04:11 PM

Really hope Shameless don't put it in a dvd case like the last combo. Blu-ray case please!

wayfarer 29th February 2016 04:25 PM

Great news! I've held off buying this in the past. (Mainly because I forgot about it). So, will look forward to the Blu-ray.

Frankenhooker 29th February 2016 04:37 PM

Definitely picking this up, I'm delighted Shameless are still a going concern, to be honest I was starting to have my doubts.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th February 2016 04:39 PM

Finally a UK disc of The Sect! It's been a long time coming. :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th February 2016 04:52 PM

"TOO MANY GOOD ITALIAN STUFF COMING OUT OF OTHER LABEL! Time for SHAMELESS to pay the same high fee and give you guys a better movie.!

MEGA BUCKETLIST FEVER !!!

BUCKETLIST #11 The Sect

Somewhere in the US, Code Red Bill hears the news.

tele1962 29th February 2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 479752)
Really hope Shameless don't put it in a dvd case like the last combo. Blu-ray case please!

I agree if the powers that be are looking in, please use a Blu Ray case.:thankingyou:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th February 2016 04:55 PM

Excellent! Awesome! Brilliant! Superb!

Needless to say, I'm happy.

Nordicdusk 29th February 2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 479765)
"TOO MANY GOOD ITALIAN STUFF COMING OUT OF OTHER LABEL! Time for SHAMELESS to pay the same high fee and give you guys a better movie.!

BUCKETLIST #11 The Sect

:pound::lol::pound:

platostotal 29th February 2016 05:15 PM

Great, had/have it somewhere on VHS, day one purchase, on its own good enough... but if the big yellow S can get The Church too (both films benefit from a double bill viewing, I know as I bought them ex-rental in the 90s and me and my mate Tony had a great Sunday afternoon watching em)

Best release from Shameless for some time IMHO.:)

keirarts 29th February 2016 05:51 PM

i'm horribly tempted to share this on code reds facebook page... but i'm sure its already been put up!

Needless to say i'm well happy!

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Susan Foreman 29th February 2016 05:54 PM

Never seen it!

Justin101 29th February 2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 479773)
Great, had/have it somewhere on VHS, day one purchase, on its own good enough... but if the big yellow S can get The Church too (both films benefit from a double bill viewing, I know as I bought them ex-rental in the 90s and me and my mate Tony had a great Sunday afternoon watching em)

Best release from Shameless for some time IMHO.:)

I too had this and The Church in big box ex-rental tapes, although n the case of The Sect it was pretty much brand new, I don't think many rented it. :woot:

Boo Radley 29th February 2016 05:58 PM

This could well be my 1st Shameless acquisition. :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th February 2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 479778)
Never seen it!

If you like horror films with a Gothic atmosphere and otherworldly beings, you are in for a treat.

Crimson Blade 29th February 2016 06:10 PM

This is more like it.
Been wanting to upgrade my old italian dvd for some time.
And i'm glad i don't have to import the forthcoming Code Red version as well. :)

Crimson Blade 29th February 2016 06:11 PM

This is more like it.
Been wanting to upgrade my old italian dvd for some time.
And i'm glad i don't have to import the forthcoming Code Red version as well. :)
:thankingyou: Shameless

Rik 29th February 2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 479777)
i'm horribly tempted to share this on code reds facebook page... but i'm sure its already been put up!

Needless to say i'm well happy!

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Somebody already has,on the Code Red DVD group, which people have commented on slagging us off :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th February 2016 06:24 PM

NICE ONE!

Save me importing the pricey Japanese disc!:)

JAMIOUSE 29th February 2016 07:05 PM

Glad to see Shameless back on Blu and with a title that hasn't had a UK release before and is highly regarded by a lot of fans. I've never seen The Sect so I'll be watching cold which makes a huge change in these days of HD upgrades.

g053584398 4th March 2016 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 479765)

BUCKETLIST #11 The Sect

Oh that really made me smile!

Rassilon 5th March 2016 06:18 PM

Very excited for this release. I may have missed it or it may not be known yet but I'd love to see it in the same style packaging as 10TH VICTIM. Of course that's not a deal breaker.

:thankingyou:

Gold6082 6th March 2016 07:11 AM

Not been on the labs as much as I'd like recently so only just seen this thread!

Just three words to describe my feelings on this release YOU FRIGGIN' BEAUTY!!!

:ilovecultlabs::woot::pound::glitter::bananaride:: party:

iank 6th March 2016 07:19 AM

Never heard of it. Soavi did Stagefright though, didn't he?

Gold6082 6th March 2016 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 480471)

He did indeed!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th March 2016 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 480471)

Although I like Stagefright, I think this is better.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th March 2016 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 480476)
Although I like Stagefright, I think this is better.

Sacrilege! ;)

Stagefright is my personal favourite from Soavi, closely followed by Dellamorte Dellamore.

The Sect is great though. I recently re-watched it as part of my Halloween viewing last year and am really looking forward to seeing what Shameless do with this one.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th March 2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 480479)
Sacrilege! ;)

Stagefright is my personal favourite from Soavi, closely followed by Dellamorte Dellamore.

The Sect is great though. I recently re-watched it as part of my Halloween viewing last year and am really looking forward to seeing what Shameless do with this one.

They are all really good films, so it's possibly a little like the analogy of choosing your favourite child!

Steel76 6th March 2016 01:14 PM

Haven't seen The Sect in about 20 years, and don't really remember anything from it. So this will be like seeing it for the first time again. :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th March 2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 480491)
Haven't seen The Sect in about 20 years, and don't really remember anything from it. So this will be like seeing it for the first time again. :)

I'm in the same boat. Used to have the UK sell through vhs.

Crimson Blade 6th March 2016 01:39 PM

I have the italian Cecchi Gori dvd which i imported over 10 years ago. The picture quality is a bit washed out and the sound was mixed rather low.
Can't wait to see it on Blu-ray. Should be a huge improvement.

michal 6th March 2016 02:28 PM

2k transfer sounds great

Mojo 25th September 2016 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this the finished cover? It's hideous!

Attachment 182997