Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   SHAM037/38 - Official Announcement (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9192-sham037-38-official-announcement.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 12:00 PM

SHAM037/38 - Official Announcement

Hi everyone,

After much anticipation, I can finally officially reveal the two upcoming titles from Shameless later this year. As many of you guessed in the thread, the titles are;

SHAM037 - Amsterdamned

SHEER SHOCK-HORROR BRILLIANCE! - Film Review

'Stylishly atmospheric Dutch thriller by Dick Maas, a fast, gory, immensely entertaining horror flick ... A mad serial killer in a diver's wetsuit emerges from the murky water of Amsterdam's canals to murder people in nasty ways.. Ingeniously staged killings, terrific chases... And a fascinating making-of documentary' - Philip French, The Guardian.

Rarely seen, heart-stopping, horror action-thriller finally gets the release it deserves: remastered and featuring an in-depth making-of by Director Dick Maas.

Amsterdamned will be released on DVD by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 22 October 2012.

SHAM038 - The House With Laughing Windows

One of the most revered, and rarely seen legendary Horror film - finally gets the release it deserves: remastered and featuring – for the 1st time – a new
in-depth interview which Director Pupi Avati has given exclusively to Shameless.

“A masterpiece of both the Horror genre and Italian cinema itself” Horrorexpress.com

“With pitch-perfect performances, masterful pacing and an inspired pay-off, this is Italian horror at its most refined and effective” Film 4

“One of the all time greats” Eat-my-brains

The House With Laughing Windows will be released on DVD by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 19 November 2012.

Great news indeed! No artwork has been confirmed yet - it's still very early days! But as soon as we know, we'll let you know! Anyone fancy putting their skills to the test and coming up with artwork? That would be very cool!

So what does everyone think of these two? A great Dutch killer thriller and a classic Italain giallo! Not bad eh?

http://latemag.com/images/495.jpg

Hawkmonger 27th July 2012 12:01 PM

We where right! Amsterdamned? That'll stick out just a wee bit.:rolleyes:

fuzzymctiger 27th July 2012 12:03 PM

Sweet, my next 2 Shameless'

Rik 27th July 2012 12:03 PM

Let the complaining begin in 1,2,3...go!

shel 27th July 2012 12:03 PM

It's a :( from me for no BD announcement

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 260748)
We where right! Amsterdamned? That'll stick out just a wee bit.:rolleyes:

It'll be interesting to see what Shameless does with this. A different coloured cover? Maybe, though I doubt it! Perhaps they'll venture into other countries, not just Italy now? We'll have to see, I guess.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 12:04 PM

Kyle clearly doesn't know what a cryptic clue is.

Parts of the artwork is not cryptic.

Beyond72 27th July 2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 260753)
Let the complaining begin in 1,2,3...go!

Meh, already got House.
But I don't even collect labels, so ignore. ;)

Hawkmonger 27th July 2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 260755)
It'll be interesting to see what Shameless does with this. A different coloured cover? Maybe, though I doubt it! Perhaps they'll venture into other countries, not just Italy now? We'll have to see, I guess.

I hope they move House of Laughing windows over to become SHAM037 and start a new line with a similer design but different boarder cattaloging Dutch and similer thrillers and horror's.

Travy 27th July 2012 12:06 PM

Awesome will be buying for sure!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 260756)
Kyle clearly doesn't know what a cryptic clue is.

Parts of other dvd artwork is not cryptic.

:pound: Perhaps it was an elaborate double bluff to make you think it couldn't be that obvious. It worked too :P

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 260760)
:pound: Perhaps it was an elaborate double bluff to make you think it couldn't be that obvious. It worked too :P

Yeah, perhaps :rolleyes:

:D

ReturnToZero 27th July 2012 12:10 PM

I'm a little upset.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 12:11 PM

I own neither of these films. I used to have Amsterdamned on vhs. Very good it was too.

So both will be probable purchases at some stage..

Crimson Blade 27th July 2012 12:12 PM

I'm a bit underwhelmed tbh. :(

Draz 27th July 2012 12:21 PM

Haven't seen Amsterdamned, and THWLW is a must have (although I already own this title), so 2 new dvd's to my collection. :)

Gothmogxx 27th July 2012 12:24 PM

Not seen either one of these two, but judging from what i've read online, they should be good!

Slippery Jack 27th July 2012 12:24 PM

I'm getting em both, Amsterdamned for sure. I own THWLW, but interested in the extras . . .

Paul@TheOverlook 27th July 2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 260763)
I own neither of these films. I used to have Amsterdamned on vhs. Very good it was too.

So both will be probable purchases.

VHS was cut but the cuts were waived for the last DVD ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 260770)
VHS was cut but the cuts were waived for the last DVD ;)

It seemed pretty gory at the time, although the memory plays tricks.

Must admit all i remember now are bodies being dragged out of the canals in the dark. Possibly a fight on a boat at the end as well.

Hawkmonger 27th July 2012 12:50 PM

It was passed with a 15 for it's last DVD release so will probably remain as such for this one.
Amsterdamned is one of my favourate North-Eastern European horror's/ Crime thrillers. An amazing film that i'm chuffed Shameless are releasing. Take what i have prieviously writen on board thoug, eh? Just so it doesn't stick out like Amy Winehouses arse.:lol:

fuzzymctiger 27th July 2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 260775)
It was passed with a 15 for it's last DVD release so will probably remain as such for this one.
Amsterdamned is one of my favourate North-Eastern European horror's/ Crime thrillers. An amazing film that i'm chuffed Shameless are releasing. Take what i have prieviously writen on board thoug, eh? Just so it doesn't stick out like Amy Winehouses arse.:lol:

Pretty sure that there's a couple of making of docs and behind the scenes vids on YouTube.
So if there's no special features on this release, I'll be VERY disappointed

platostotal 27th July 2012 01:02 PM

Our Columbos can chomp down on a cigar and shuffle off to headquaters, that thread got quite fun as we zeroed in (for my 2bits, both should look good on the shelves, will buy THWLW right away and AMS a bit later)

Slippery Jack 27th July 2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 260779)
So if there's no special features on this release, I'll be VERY disappointed

They already said there will be . . . !!!

bedorca 27th July 2012 01:04 PM

Excellent news! As with all Shameless for me, compulsory buys!

Nemesis 27th July 2012 01:17 PM

Well, I am in for Amsterdamned, but THWLW, even though it takes pride of place in a giallo series and is an excellent acquisition, will have to be a miss - I cannot justify it when Nouveaux did a solid version and the fact it has not been watched enough. But were there to be a blu upgrade, then I'd definitely get it.

But count me in the underwhelmed camp - I could understand if there were titles which had not been on UK dvd before, but US equivalents e.g. Bloodstained Shadow, Contraband etc. But purchasing Nouveaux's catalogue titles which were on the market recently and with no blu upgrade, it does feel like a missed opportunity.

Edit - I also take it that if Shameless is buying Nouveaux titles, then it's quite possible, if not probably, an Arrow/Shameless version of Suspiria is on the cards.

Paul@TheOverlook 27th July 2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 260771)
It seemed pretty gory at the time, although the memory plays tricks.

Must admit all i remember now are bodies being dragged out of the canals in the dark. Possibly a fight on a boat at the end as well.

It's not too gory but it was one of the many films that were considered a problem during the draconian Ferman era.

evbear 27th July 2012 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is great news, sadly I just ordered the previous DVD of Amsterdamned. Here's a custom cover I just put on my site.

Sobral 27th July 2012 02:09 PM

Even though both were previously available, they've never passed beyond my wishlist, so I guess I can wait for these two releases.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evbear (Post 260796)
This is great news, sadly I just ordered the previous DVD of Amsterdamned. Here's a custom cover I just put on my site.

Ooh la la! Me likey!

Pete 27th July 2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 260790)
It's not too gory but it was one of the many films that were considered a problem during the draconian Ferman era.

You can what was cut here

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 260790)

Great little film.
Dick Maas in an unsung hero.

NOW GIVE US THE LIFT!:nod:

Paul@TheOverlook 27th July 2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 260824)
Great little film.

The Lift is one of those films that I've never gotten round to watching.

Gojirosan 27th July 2012 03:42 PM

I really don't see the point.

I am going to offer the benefit of the doubt and presume that as I am not in the video releasing business I am missing something.

But it looks like a total cock-up on Shameless's part to me. Even from a packaging view, they can't look as good as the Nouveaux releases because of the yellow thing. I guess some new extras and other faff will be crammed on in an effort to make these seem attractive.

Sorry. I don't get it, I won't be buying.

Susan Foreman 27th July 2012 03:46 PM

I think I saw 'Amsterdamned' in a little arthouse cinema in Portsmouth, many years ago

As others have said, it is highly recommended, even tho you have to read it

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 260836)
I really don't see the point.

I am going to offer the benefit of the doubt and presume that as I am not in the video releasing business I am missing something.

But it looks like a total cock-up on Shameless's part to me. Even from a packaging view, they can't look as good as the Nouveaux releases because of the yellow thing. I guess some new extras and other faff will be crammed on in an effort to make these seem attractive.

Sorry. I don't get it, I won't be buying.

It is a bit puzzling why they're releasing these when there's already had decent UK releases. But I have to disagree about the packing. I think they'll look better than the Nouveax discs, especially if the fantastic Amsterdamned artwork posted above is used on the reverse.

sawyer6 27th July 2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 260824)
Great little film.

YEAH :rockon:

gag 27th July 2012 04:26 PM

Ive always wanted to watch Amsterdamned but never got round to it and thwlw ive never heard of tbh so itl be a buy at some point for me.

Rik 27th July 2012 04:29 PM

I'll no doubt buy both titles, I used to have Amsterdamned on VHS after reading a review of it in TDS back when I was a 12 year old horror enthusiast, now 21 years later I can't remember anything about the film anymore(thanks to copious of chemotherapy a few years back) and I've never seen House before. So I'm quite pleased with these announcements, now let's see if Arrow can do the same seeing as I haven't been interested in any of the last few titles

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 04:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 260840)
It is a bit puzzling why they're releasing these when there's already had decent UK releases. But I have to disagree about the packing. I think they'll look better than the Nouveax discs, especially if the fantastic Amsterdamned artwork posted above is used on the reverse.

I actually meant this artwork...

Attachment 74350

But damn! this one is great as well, and think I prefer it....