Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   A few words from Shameless (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dellamorte-dellamore-cemetery-man/7152-few-words-shameless.html)

the blob 10th November 2011 01:43 AM

I can picture the new 2011 trailer already... With the deep voiced American guy..

From the man who brought you Dylan Dog...

Dellamorte Dellamore is...

THE CEMETERY MAN!

Makes no sense but still... :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th November 2011 08:53 AM

I know I'm a bit late to this discussion, but I'd have to echo others regarding the title as you can't have Dellamorte Dellamorte is The Cemetery Man and expect those who know the film to look at it and wonder if Shameless know anything about the film they are releasing.

As has already been suggested, my feeling is Cemetery Man would be the most commercially successful title and the one most likely to appeal to casual buyers in HMV and other retailers (if there are any), so have that as the main title on the main artwork, though with Dellamorte Dellamorte in smaller print at the bottom, perhaps preceded by 'aka'.

The reverse artwork should definitely have Dellamorte Dellamorte as the only title, preferably with an Italian poster or vintage cover art.

As for the more important part of the original post, the more Blu-ray releases, the better and, though I already own the Blue Underground Torso BD and have ordered Night Train Murders and Strip Nude for Your Killer, I'd love to see them released on Yello-ray along with new titles and any older ones which have HD source material at an affordable price.

oaxaca 10th November 2011 09:17 AM

Yes, I totally agree with Dellamorte Dellamore being in brackets or just as a subheading below the main title Cemetery Man. But Dellamorte Dellamore IS NOT Cemetery Man :p

As for their releases on BD. I'm not the type to double dip so if BU or Synapse or whoever release a region-free version of a film before the UK version I will just buy the US one. For that reason I'd like to see BD releases of films unreleased elsewhere on BD. I don't mind upgrading my DVDs to BD, so I'm happy to buy BD versions of the Shameless back-catalogue, just as long as they haven't been released elsewhere first.

Just my standpoint

broonage 10th November 2011 09:18 AM

Shame about the lack of Blu but still good news about a SL release!

And as said before, please please do NOT use that title, it is terrible!

Prince_Vajda 10th November 2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 196543)
Actually, and pardon my cynicism here, but has it occurred to anyone at Shameless that they haven't lost it all, but are merely trying to get Shameless to stump up more money for a 'new' HD master? If Shameless produce the money, what's the betting the licensor won't create a new HD master at all, but will simply provide the HD master they had all along.

I know, it's very cynical of me, but nothing would surprise me in the murky world of business. I'm sorry, I have a hard time believing they simply lost it. That's ridiculous. Are we really expected to believe this? No lab worth its salt would lose the masters they create, I mean, how far can it go? It must be in the lab somewhere, unless they cart around the masters with them to parties or something. I dunno, sounds all very fishy to me.

It's a pretty hefty insinuation, but I think you've got a point there. :nod:
After all, Italian licensors don't have a bad reputation for no reason, and what you've written isn't too difficult to imagine!

Losing an HD master in the year 2011 is a very strange thing indeed! :mmph:

Greetings!

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th November 2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 196588)
Loosing an HD master in the year 2011 is a very strange thing indeed! :mmph:

Greetings!

I bet Berlusconi nicked it.

It will be part of his own private collection when he "steps down".

Daemonia 10th November 2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 196588)
It's a pretty hefty insinuation, but I think you've got a point there. :nod:
After all, Italian licensors don't have a bad reputation for no reason, and what you've written isn't too difficult to imagine!

Losing an HD master in the year 2011 is a very strange thing indeed! :mmph:

Greetings!

I agree, it is a very strange thing indeed. I've heard stories from other people about shenanigans in trying to license Italian films, so nothing would surprise me, really.

I'm not making an outright accusation, it's just speculation. Thought I'd add that before I get sued. :lol:

bigandya 10th November 2011 05:29 PM

I was waiting patiently for the Shameless Blu Ray, but now I guess I'll be buying the Italian Blu Ray which, by all accounts, is stunning quality.

So thats Tenebre, Bird with the Crystal Plumage and now Dellamorte Dellamore I've bought from elsewhere.

I really, really want to keep my Arrow and Shameless collection complete... but I can't justify buying sub-par copies ... or no copy now in the case of a Blu Ray Dellamorte Dellamore.

A disappointed customer.

Daemonia 10th November 2011 05:51 PM

Well, Sarah did say that Shameless haven't yet entirely ruled out the possibility of a Blu-ray, so your disappointment could be a bit premature.

oaxaca 10th November 2011 06:44 PM

I really like Shameless' output on blu, they really seem to have put the effort into their 2 releases thus far. Not fussed about them not releasing the DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE as the German BD is brilliant, the daytime scenes look like they were filmed yesterday (Italian & German released probably have the same transfer?).

I'd like to see something not yet available elsewhere on blu, another exclusive like CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST. Anything from HALLOWEEN 3 to HOUSE WITH LAUGHING WINDOWS to STAGEFRIGHT. Anything :p

bigandya 10th November 2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 196694)
Well, Sarah did say that Shameless haven't yet entirely ruled out the possibility of a Blu-ray, so your disappointment could be a bit premature.

I hope so - I would definitely double dip if the Shameless release is as good as NYR and CH which, even though both are cut, look fabulous and have great extras.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th November 2011 10:22 PM

DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE
aka CEMETERY MAN

And on the reverse.....

CEMETERY MAN
aka DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE
:)

Make Them Die Slowly 10th November 2011 11:43 PM

I can't see what all the fuss is about, the title is going to be eclipsed by large breasts anyway, this is a Shameless release after all!

Daemonia 11th November 2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 196774)
I can't see what all the fuss is about, the title is going to be eclipsed by large breasts anyway, this is a Shameless release after all!

LOL! :lol:

I reckon it'll be like this....

Dellamorte Dellamore is the Cemetery Man....who loves big tits!

Rick will cover the sleeve with Anna Falchi's assets. Job done. It'll disappear into the adult section never to be seen again. :lol:

Vampix 12th November 2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 196348)
I couldnt take to it that much tbo,

I'm with you on that, I watched Dellamorte Dellamore and didn't think much of it.It's one of those films, a bit like Fulci's The Beyond, I find a little overrated. :blush:

oaxaca 12th November 2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 197055)
I'm with you on that, I watched Dellamorte Dellamore and didn't think much of it.It's one of those films, a bit like Fulci's The Beyond, I find a little overrated. :blush:

Disagree with you there on both accounts, Vamp. DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE, I think, is a really inventive comedy-horror comparable to something like BRAINDEAD/DEAD ALIVE. Although I admit its different to anything else Soavi has done.

And THE BEYOND is my fave Fulci movie, if not my fave horror film of all time. :p

Vampix 12th November 2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 197106)
Disagree with you there on both accounts, Vamp. DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE, I think, is a really inventive comedy-horror comparable to something like BRAINDEAD/DEAD ALIVE. Although I admit its different to anything else Soavi has done.

And THE BEYOND is my fave Fulci movie, if not my fave horror film of all time. :p

I'm not a big fan of Soavi tbh, I didn't like Stagefright either.As for The Beyond, I still think it's a good film, I just personally prefer City of the Living Dead & Zombie Flesh Eaters.Both of them would make my top 10 horror list.

keirarts 12th November 2011 10:11 PM

soavi is a love him or hate him kind of director and certainly not everyones cup of tea.

Personally i'm a big fan though, hopefully shameless will unearth the sect next.

A blu-ray of the church would not go amiss either! ;)

Jonny 13th November 2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigandya (Post 196689)
I was waiting patiently for the Shameless Blu Ray, but now I guess I'll be buying the Italian Blu Ray which, by all accounts, is stunning quality.

If the Italian blu really is stunning then that's the master issue sorted. Shameless just need to get a copy of that, rip it and get Marc to add some new menus etc.

wongfeihung62 13th November 2011 09:53 AM

It really is a no-brainer, as it has a reversible sleeve it just needs CEMETARY MAN on one side and DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE on the other. In the words of our little furry friend "Simples" :)

Bringer Of Funerals 13th November 2011 11:04 AM

I'd say use both titles but on the alternate covers

Example

Side 1 - Dellamore
Side 2 - Cemetery

Prince_Vajda 14th November 2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 197055)

:eek: --> :poke: ---> :chainsaw:

;)

Greetings!

Splatterdragon73 15th November 2011 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 196379)
Incidentally, a the majority of my OP is on the reasoning behind the lack of BD and how it might be a possibility in the future for this and other Shameless titles but no one's mentioned it.

Really surprised as I though that would be the thing people would jump on! Especially as the title isn't finalised yet.:)

I'm tired of all this title talk and whereas i personally prefer DD if CM is indeed to get a look in too then so be it. I'm easy either way. Yours truly is much more interested in the ongoing potential for a BR release of Soavi's 'Returner' stunner as well as the possibility of further Shameless HD editions both old and new.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 196580)
As for the more important part of the original post, the more Blu-ray releases, the better and, though I already own the Blue Underground Torso BD and have ordered Night Train Murders and Strip Nude for Your Killer, I'd love to see them released on Yello-ray along with new titles and any older ones which have HD source material at an affordable price.

Are BU actually issuing SNFYK on BR? First i've heard if they are.

Totally agree about Shameless HD versions and bring 'em on i say! As long as expense and effort is evident with a smattering of exclusive extras then my consumer commitment is promised. Personally, i'd go straight for BR upgrades of both Bronx Warriors outings and The New Barbarians.:nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th November 2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 197743)
Are BU actually issuing SNFYK on BR? First i've heard if they are.

It has a provisional release date of March 27th.

dustdevil 19th November 2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-T-C Tim (Post 196432)
The title issue is simple.

On the main side, visible to punters, have Cemetery Man, with Dellamorte Dellamore in small print. On the inside have a complete Dellamorte Dellamore version.

You beat me to it :rockon:

Sec 19th November 2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 196757)
DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE
aka CEMETERY MAN

And on the reverse.....

CEMETERY MAN
aka DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE
:)

This idea gets my vote.

Also if the secondary title is much smaller, artistically you don't even need AKA.. just

Dellamorte Dellamore
Cemetery Man

Daemonia 20th November 2011 01:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, stop the arguing, just call it 'That Soavi Film'. Everyone's happy.

If not, just stare at these instead...

springjack 9th December 2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 196333)
Sorry to sound so negative Sarah but Dellamorte Dellamore Is The Cemetery Man? It doesn't even make any sense. The characters name is Francesco Dellamorte, not Dellamorte Dellamore.

:clap:

Daemonia 10th December 2011 02:12 AM

It's a cover. What's on the disc? That's the important part....for me, anyway.

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th December 2011 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 202772)

Both are important for me. Probably the reason I've just sold my Anchor Bay Cemetery Man dvd for about £1.50 :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th December 2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 202777)
Both are important for me. Probably the reason I've just sold my Anchor Bay Cemetery Man dvd for about £1.50 :lol:

The quality of the DVD/BD will largely determine how important the cover art is for me. There are some titles I've bought because of the cover art and, conversely, others I haven't because of the way the disc is presented.

As I have every Shameless release so far, I'll definitely buy this but would really like one cover to have The Cemetery Man as the main title with Dellamorte Dellamore in a smaller font somewhere else, probably at the bottom of the cover, and the alternate to have Dellamorte Dellamore as the main title with some Italian artwork.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th December 2011 10:45 AM

It could be useful to make Shameless aware (if they are not already) of people's reactions to the proposed title in this thread and see what they say.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th December 2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 202839)
It could be useful to make Shameless aware (if they are not already) of people's reactions to the proposed title in this thread and see what they say.

They are aware - I've made certain of that! Don't worry, I'm keeping them abreast of the various opinions here regarding the title so, if you have a preferred title for the main and alternate covers, say so and Shameless will be informed.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th December 2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 202842)
They are aware - I've made certain of that! Don't worry, I'm keeping them abreast of the various opinions here regarding the title so, if you have a preferred title for the main and alternate covers, say so and Shameless will be informed.

Anything but Dellamorte Dellamore is The Cemetery Man ;)

I'd certainly like the original Italian title of Dellamorte Dellamore to appear on one of the panels. Even though I'm not keen on it, I do understand that 'Cemetery Man' will probably be a more marketable title here in the UK.

springjack 10th December 2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 202772)

That is right... everyone states their opinion.;)

Daemonia 11th December 2011 10:23 AM

Oh I certainly understand why people want to have good cover art on the packaging, I do too. All I'm saying is that a cover, good or bad, will not not deter me from making a purchase if the presentation of the film on the actual disc is of a high standard. And, to be honest, once I've watched a film it goes on the shelf, so all I see most of the time is the spine of the DVD/BD. That said, Arrow's releases are a thing of beauty, and I love the slipcase packaging with alternate covers.

So with that in mind, that mostly all I see is the spine, I really wouldn't want to see Dellamorte Dellamore is the Cemetery Man on the spine, that probably would annoy me.

gag 11th December 2011 04:33 PM

Lets be honest tho when use to go rent films its the artwork that grabbed you to look at the film if youve never heard of it..So i do think artwork does play a important part ...

Daemonia 12th December 2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 203080)
Lets be honest tho when use to go rent films its the artwork that grabbed you to look at the film if youve never heard of it..So i do think artwork does play a important part ...

True enough. But how many horror movies have had decent covers in the last 15 years? Ever since Scream hit with it's row of heads cover art, nearly every film since has utilised that crap format.

Prince_Vajda 12th December 2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 203148)
True enough. But how many horror movies have had decent covers in the last 15 years? Ever since Scream hit with it's row of heads cover art, nearly every film since has utilised that crap format.

Very true. I'm dreaming... not of a white Christmas...but of fantastic Universal Horror artwork...or Hammer artwork... :love:

Greetings!

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th December 2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 202854)
Anything but Dellamorte Dellamore is The Cemetery Man ;)

I'd certainly like the original Italian title of Dellamorte Dellamore to appear on one of the panels. Even though I'm not keen on it, I do understand that 'Cemetery Man' will probably be a more marketable title here in the UK.

How about The Cemetery man is Dellamorte, the man from Delmonte.

You get a free carton of fruit juice as well.