Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Deodato's Cinema Of Death (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=536)
-   -   SHAM303: DEODATO - CINEMA OF DEATH - Original Announcement! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/deodatos-cinema-death/12103-sham303-deodato-cinema-death-original-announcement.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 14th March 2014 12:03 PM

SHAM303: DEODATO - CINEMA OF DEATH - Original Announcement!

SHAM303: DEODATO - CINEMA OF DEATH
Including Cannibal Holocaust, The House On The Edge Of The Park & Phantom Of Death!

Shameless proudly presents the 1st ever Anthology of Cinema-of-Death maestro, Mr Cannibal Holocaust: Ruggero Deodato! Oft imitated but never equaled...

Released together for the 1st time ever in this must-have definitive collector’s set, Shameless proudly presents Deodato's 1st and ONLY ever Director's Cut of Cannibal Holocaust (adapted to 21st century sensitivities to animal cruelty, in the director's new edit).

The House on the Edge of the Park is a masterclass of explosive direction in cruelty with David Hess ( The Last House On The Left; Hitch Hike giving the performance of his career! Also included here is the very last interview of the late great David).

The Phantom of Death shows Deodato dealing with a true but very creepy situation which sees Michael York (Logan's Run; Austin Powers) age rapidly, descending into a murderous madness in a barn-storming performance...

The stunning artwork of this limited edition set has been exclusively created for Shameless by top British film poster artist.

The Shameless Screen Entertainment of the DEODATO - CINEMA OF DEATH box set is due for DVD release on the 16th June 2014. More details to follow soon...

Rik 14th March 2014 12:08 PM

I already own all three, so I think I'll pass on this one :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th March 2014 12:31 PM

Although I own the individual Shameless releases, I also have the other Shameless 'compilation' releases, so will buy this so my collection is complete. I really look forward to seeing the artwork.

bedorca 14th March 2014 12:43 PM

Any chance of resubmitting House at the Edge to see if the BBFC put it through unscathed? :)

If passed uncut, the interest would go through the roof!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th March 2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 396620)
Any chance of resubmitting House at the Edge to see if the BBFC put it through unscathed? :)

Great idea. I hope Shameless will seriously consider resubmitting it to the BBFC.

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th March 2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 396620)

Haha, you think with the new BBFC guidlines, it'll ever pass uncut? No chance.

davcol 14th March 2014 01:00 PM

Its only a movie.......

anythinggoes78 14th March 2014 01:15 PM

what a pain i have all 3 but will get this for completion sake

Rassilon 14th March 2014 01:52 PM

I collect all the Shameless films and my collection I consider full if I have each title...thus I won't be buying this because it would never get watched.

SilverGunnar Hansen 14th March 2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 396624)
Haha, you think with the new BBFC guidlines, it'll ever pass uncut? No chance.

It really annoys me that they're still censoring that and New York Ripper - I saw the new Video Nasties doc (Draconian Days) the other week (at Glasgow Frightfest) and it had the full nipple-slicing scene from NYR in it! Do the BBFC have any consistency? Surely a (very good BTW) doc that strings together gratuitous scenes is worse than said scene being experienced in context?