Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Designated Victim (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=504)
-   -   SHAM015 - The Designated Victim (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/designated-victim/400-sham015-designated-victim.html)

Kevin Coed 6th May 2008 06:20 PM

The Designated Victim

Any word on the print for this one? Will it be the same as the NEW DVD or will it be from different materials?

Kevin Coed 10th May 2008 09:11 AM

I take it that you don't know then.

Almar@Cult Labs 11th May 2008 03:49 PM

I tell you what I do know - I need to get better at getting round all these threads! Used to be just a couple for me to check back in the old days...

We're still looking into materials for all the up-coming titles and trying to work what'll work best. The problem with these rare films is a lack of decent materials which is why they tend to remain... rare!

Kevin Coed 11th May 2008 03:53 PM

The question is :- should I sell my NEW disc in anticipation?

Almar@Cult Labs 11th May 2008 04:05 PM

Well if I said yes that would be dishonest as we're still collating materials - I don't know what NEW had access to and what we'll get but since we kicked off and spurred on by you guys on the forums we're trying to hit a decent quality standard on every title so I'd imagine our version will be just dandy. VHS+! ;)

Almar@Cult Labs 15th May 2008 03:26 PM

Hey kids! Our trailer for The Designated Victim is up on the front page.

Here's the direct link:

http://www.shameless-films.com/2008/...ictim-trailer/

:popcorn:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th May 2008 06:46 PM

Excellent Almar...:cool:Now give us the cover mate.....:woot:

Paul@TheOverlook 16th May 2008 11:33 AM

I really liked DESIGNATED VICTIM; was a lot better than I had been lead to believe. Milian and Clementi and superb.

cloud 16th May 2008 02:08 PM

Looking good!

Mojo 17th May 2008 12:38 PM

Never seen this one, but I've heard good things about it. Consider it bought!

Almar@Cult Labs 23rd May 2008 03:33 PM

SHAM015 - The Designated Victim

Here's where to give us your feedback and thoughts on The Designated Victim.

DVD due for release on 28th July 2008.

Paul@TheOverlook 23rd May 2008 03:50 PM

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I'm a fan of this flick. It's a superior thriller in the vein of Hitchcock's classic, STRANGERS ON A TRAIN with stand out performances from Milian and Clementi. The picture quality on the German New Entertainment World disc leaves a lot to be desired, so I'm really anticipating this release.

Kevin Coed 23rd May 2008 04:15 PM

Do you know what the source print/length is going to be for this yet?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd May 2008 06:18 PM

Can't wait for the inevitable supercool artwork .....I don't worry about pic and sound quality on shameless discs anymore Almar...always know they'll be top notch....;):cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th June 2008 11:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welly well well....Almar you crafty bugger....

Jonny 20th June 2008 08:41 AM

Is that officially the cover art?

Almar@Cult Labs 20th June 2008 09:23 AM

No that's an old mock-up we made for trade purposes - I should have the real deal for you soon enough.

JAMIOUSE 2nd July 2008 04:13 PM

What's the latest on Victim then? Is it coming in July or is it been pushed back?

Almar@Cult Labs 2nd July 2008 07:05 PM

A classic example here where the fans start knowing more than the people running the label. It's uncanny but kinda cool people care. Designated Victim is going to get pushed back to August but that's our line in the sand for it. Why? Again - all your faults! A lot of rare films are rare as we've discussed before either because the rights are lost or in dispute and/or because the materials require so much work.

Well with The Designated Victim we decided you good people would not be happy enough with what we'd be able to provide so we've undertaken our most extensive process yet to give you all something special. More details on that and the changing schedule tomorrow!

Almar@Cult Labs 8th July 2008 11:40 AM

And here's some more info on what we've been doing with Designated Victim...

In the labs in Rome:

For the film we've had a new audio track created from the optical negative which we've also had cleaned plus a new English title telecine-ed from negative with colour correction. We've also done the same for the trailer.

In London:

Added to that our editor has been going through the different versions of the film trying to piece together the most correct edit possible from the best materials. As he goes along he's also restoring frame-by-frame. Here's a key example:

Before :(

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ame-before.jpg

and after :)

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...rame-after.jpg

Next up for you some sleeves for y'all to have a look at.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th July 2008 05:46 PM

Good good good...........:cool:

Jonny 8th July 2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless (Post 9344)

You know, I've been looking at these grabs on and off all day and couldn't see any difference until just now! :blush:

Just spotted the whitish flare (possibly a hole?) on the top grab has been removed.

bedorca 8th July 2008 08:30 PM

Fantastic effort being made with this title.

Will be well worth the wait :woot:

Mojo 24th July 2008 04:16 PM

The Designated Victim has been passed uncut ( rated 15 ) by the BBFC :)

Almar@Cult Labs 24th July 2008 04:19 PM

Yeah this is not one that's overtly violent - just rather cool! The DVD will still end up being an 18 due to the trailer content.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th July 2008 06:13 PM

Don't want a 15 breaking up the spinelist now,do we?

Almar@Cult Labs 24th July 2008 07:45 PM

Well yeah - I'd find that kinda annoying really...

trench 24th July 2008 07:54 PM

That screenshot's looking mighty fine.

Mojo 24th July 2008 09:03 PM

I'm not particularly bothered about it being a 15 - I'm just looking forward to seeing the film :)

When you consider the likes of Saw etc are now where the 18 rated material is at, I imagine a number of the early 70s Gialli would be rated 15 these days.

Much rather have it this way than in the bad old days when James Ferman pretty much rated every Euro horror title as an 18. And then cut it as well. The twat.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th July 2008 09:55 PM

King Twat .......:D

bedorca 2nd August 2008 11:32 AM

May he rest in peace.........

Bring on the Victim!!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th August 2008 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This the new artwork Almar?-That's the latest from Amazon-where do they get these from????????

bedorca 14th August 2008 06:51 PM

Shameless Fan Edition? :confused:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th August 2008 08:16 PM

That pulled from our gallery?:confused:

RobbieD 25th August 2008 01:47 PM

What's this Fact Track or have I missed something?! :popcorn: Optional Italian and English soundtrack-brilliant!

RobbieD 29th August 2008 11:12 AM

Nothing ? haha. Are these features going to be regulars or are they just one-offs for Designated Victim?

Almar@Cult Labs 29th August 2008 11:19 AM

Not trying to be coy here - we are trying to pull of various things for this release but confirmation that they've worked or not is very slow in coming - currently hair is being torn out at the authoring house. Soon as I know more I'll pass it on!

RobbieD 29th August 2008 11:33 AM

Excellent! Thought I might have missed something as several bits and bobs are being listed at Play.com...! It sounds fantastic and I hope they make it to the DVD.

Almar@Cult Labs 29th August 2008 11:36 AM

Yeah cross fingers for us eh? I feel sick at the thought of it not working out.

Halloween_22 1st September 2008 10:14 PM

Is there a confirmed release date for this yet? Amazon have got it listed for 29th of September along with 'Strip nude for your Killer' and 'Oasis of Fear'. Surely not 3 releases in one month, do you think were made of money Almar? :jest: ;)
Really looking forward to all 3 of these, it'd be great to get them all at once and have a Shameless triple bill. :woot: