Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Don't Torture a Duckling (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   SHAM033 – Don’t Torture a Duckling: The Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dont-torture-duckling/4489-sham033-don-t-torture-duckling-archive-conversation.html)

bdc 28th January 2011 07:16 PM

I hope this will be a new transfer as the one used by AB/BU is from 2000 (or earlier). :pray:

the blob 28th January 2011 07:36 PM

Duckling would be prime Blu material too.. ;)

Inspector Tanzi 28th January 2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 124797)

Sure would

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th January 2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 124797)

It should be but I imagine Shameless would want it to sell by the shed load on DVD so that future Blu-ray releases, possibly this included, have the right financial backing. Personally, if it sells well, I wouldn't rule Blu-ray out.

Mbarr 28th January 2011 08:48 PM

Not wanting to repeat myself (oh alright then! :lol: ) if this carries the Italian track with subs (also the English for those that want it) it will sell loads worldwide...there are many forums over the years with people desiring this in Italian...If Shameless deliver those folk will bite!...I'm sure there's no need for worry though as I'm sure Almar is on our side with this (with both Arrow & Shameless we're getting Italian lang on all releases now down to our requests & his input with the suits!) for anyone who's not seen it?...your in for a treat...it is violent though not overtly (one sequence in particular is shocking & heartbreaking at the same time) it's filmed beautifully & by Giallo standards it comes across as a much more serious piece than any of it's contemporaries...there's no tits n slash here! (although there is female nudity as Barbara Bouchet's in it!)...Florinda Bolkan too gives a wonderful performance...what's more to love!

kingofwitches666 28th January 2011 11:40 PM

Fantastic, one I've never seen before so I'm really looking forward to this. :D

bdc 29th January 2011 08:42 AM

Barbara Bouchet is great in this one as well.

The 4th Fella 30th January 2011 07:21 PM

Oh yeah. This couldn't be released at a better time. After having bought:

Lizard In A Woman's Skin
Footprints
Flavia The Heretic
Last House On The Beach

And DVDR-ing Some Girls, Bolkan is becoming one of my favourite cult actresses. God bless all the good folks at Shameless. :clap: June is going to be a long time coming.

themanfromhongkong 30th January 2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbarr (Post 124640)
Fantastic news It's one of Fulci's best films...please please please have Italian lang/English subs (if so this will be a BIG seller worldwide) :)

Yeah it would be really great to have that - the English, well American, dub is pretty ropey - especially the children's dialogue.

But I'm really happy about this 'cos Florinda's in it! - of course it does get (SPOILER!) really traumatic later...

themanfromhongkong 30th January 2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 124760)
Great choice and one of Fulci's best films, I hope the dvd will include the deleted scene from the Italian dvd and possibly both English and Italian audio tracks.

Let's hope for Seven Notes In Black next!

Yeah - that would make for an interesting double bill - kind of a repeated crap special effect double bill - but they are both really good films.

I haven't heard about the deleted scene from the Italian dvd - is it cool?

Also I'm interested that so many of you rate Flavia - I was a bit underwhelmed

R-T-C Tim 31st January 2011 07:53 AM

Add me to the list in favour of Italian audio with subtitles. I would break my rule about re-buying a film on SD-DVD if this came out in Italian. Nothing to do with purism or problems with the English dub (in fact the English dub track is very well put together), but I feel that the rural Italian atmosphere would be so much more enhanced with Italian being spoken.

I hope it is a new transfer too - the ABUS DVD (and presumably the BU re-issue) had very bad compression which made it feel like a zoomed in non-anamorphic disc.

BTW: a quote from my own review for the DVD case - an essential part of any Giallo collection :dance:

Vampix 31st January 2011 10:10 AM

I've never seen the oddly titled Don't Torture A Duckling, but have heard plenty about it.So, you can count me in for a copy of this. :nod:

Sarah@Cult Labs 31st January 2011 10:38 AM

I've been talking Italian with Shameless and they have announced that Don't Torture a Duckling will indeed feature the Italian audio with English subs! :woot:

antmumford 31st January 2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 125267)
I've been talking Italian with Shameless and they have announced that Don't Torture a Duckling will indeed feature the Italian audio with English subs! :woot:

That will please many :D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st January 2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Fantastic news and something that is certain to make sales of this skyrocket as people from around Europe begin pre-ordering.

Mojo 31st January 2011 12:33 PM

That's excellent news Sarah. I've posted this info on another forum to spread the good news! :clap:

JAMIOUSE 31st January 2011 06:04 PM

Great news Sarah! I hope it includes both English and Italian audio though, for the completists. The English dub is mostly fine, it's just the two prostitues who are badly dubbed!

g053584398 31st January 2011 07:12 PM

It is good to hear that the Italian track will be used.

Gojirosan 31st January 2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

:dance:

IS RIGHT!!!

:woot:

Andydn 5th February 2011 10:51 AM

Under rated film

This is such a good film, very re watchable, Barbara Bouchet is my favourite, the music is superb and the ending is so funny, equals bay of blood ending for jaw dropping 'was that really in the script' moment.

slaghammer 5th February 2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

If they need someone who speaks French/Italian to work for them, do let me know :lol:

never know your luck, might as well try to have a job that doesn't make you end each day praying for genocide or in the loony bin :dance:

Paul@TheOverlook 5th February 2011 05:06 PM

Great to see this coming out and I'm really pleased I'm finally going to see it in Italian. Bravo!

It's a hard one to call which I like better, but Duckling and Lizard are my favourite Fulcis.

Frumentum 19th February 2011 01:33 PM

This title would be GREAT on BD! One of my favorite giallos and also among the very best ever made....

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th February 2011 01:47 PM

I imagine a Blu-ray release will only happen if the source material is good enough and if Shameless think there is a big enough market and it seems that, in this case, both criteria haven't been met.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th February 2011 04:38 PM

Any artwork indications yet Sarah?

Sarah@Cult Labs 19th February 2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 129481)
Any artwork indications yet Sarah?

None as yet... But it's still early days! ;)

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk

Splatterdragon73 20th February 2011 10:43 AM

Looks like it may be time for yours truly to dispense with his relic of an ABUS release and well done Shameless for delivering another much deserved Giallo fave. The long wait for DTAD doesn't bother me at all as i'm quite sure the dragged-out duration will be worth it.
Besides, i'm busy tackling potential purchases of various other DVD and BR titles currently taking up much of my monthly wage!:)

dvdrenato 25th February 2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanfromhongkong (Post 125193)
(...) I haven't heard about the deleted scene from the Italian dvd - is it cool? (...)

No, actually it doesn't even deserve the name "Deleted Scene"... ;)

It's nothing new really nor that cool. Just a short bit from the title sequence, that was cut from the Italian print. Who has seen the English version of the film on US-DVD for example, knows this scene snippet already as the International version contains it regularly.

The Audio Commentary and Interview from the Italian DVD should be carried over to the UK release (and subtitled), plus the Italian Trailer not to be missed.

...Additional Extras and new feautures are welcome of course. :)

Shameless hopefully manages to get this film out in a better quality than on the existing DVDs. The AnchorBay/BU transfer was done 10+ years ago, and the Italian transfer has a bit dirty colours and picture, so it should be something new.

Also please take care to use the full title sequence from the International version (so the above mentioned "Deleted Scene" wouldn't be necessary), plus the complete end credits sequence (it's 1 minute shorter on the US-DVD... not many people noticed that, although there is an obvious jump in the music).

Curious for news on that release, will stay tuned.

Sargento 25th February 2011 07:59 PM

I am quite happy with my ABUS release. If the Shameless release is something special then I will upgrade, if not I may not bother.

Paul@TheOverlook 25th February 2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 131207)
I am quite happy with my ABUS release. If the Shameless release is something special then I will upgrade, if not I may not bother.

That ABUS release came out in 2000 and is a dated transfer. Major room for improvement and there's also the promise of Italian audio. I'm very cautious when it comes to double dipping on most things, even replacing DVDs with BDs but this should be worth the trouble.

gag 26th February 2011 08:51 AM

Watched D T A D few nights ago never seen it before, sorry but it didnt do anything for me i was bored after half a hr and lost interest but still watched it, But its a Shameless release so i will still buy it, even tho i got quite a few shameless films missing from my collection i will eventual get round to them, And the same from arrow as well., Its always down to money or u end up buying something else instead, Saying that ive been so skint this yr i think i only bought about 3films so far my that BAD, But im having to save for my hols in around 6wk so have to prioraties.. Exscuse if i spelt the word wrong.

Wilson Bros 26th February 2011 11:16 AM

I watched it again last weekend and it just confirmed my opinion that it's Fulci's masterpiece.

Kev W

skankenstoned 26th February 2011 07:33 PM

This is AWESOME news, thanks again Shameless. I've become a huge fan of Florinda Bolkan over the last few months and I've been a Fulci fan for a long time yet I must confess to having never had the pleasure to see DTAD, I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Splatterdragon73 27th February 2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 131207)
If the Shameless release is something special then I will upgrade, if not I may not bother.

Well, the Shameless DTAD release is another 'Fan Edition' contribution so we should hopefully see a few juicy bits and bobs adorning this DVD.:)

Sargento 27th February 2011 01:17 PM

.... hmm, does that mean my AB US goes on ebay!?

Bah!

:rant:

themanfromhongkong 10th March 2011 01:57 PM

yeah sell it - I already sold mine!

Amertume 11th March 2011 12:33 AM

Great news. :cool:

How about a blu-ray bearing the title Don't torture Donald Duck? ;);)

ZOSO 14th March 2011 10:30 AM

Wow! That sounds quite promising, concerning the fact that the DVD of Anchor Bay/BU is a bit rusty in terms of picture-quality. I think Shameless is going to produce the definite version. Can't wait!

Are there more preview-pics from the new transfer? I'm eagerly awating the DVD. Damn it, still 3 months to go....

Fulcilover 20th March 2011 06:55 PM

Lucio Fulci's Don't Torture A Duckling

I had this on Anchor Bay back when it was released in 2000, would love the oportunity to view it in it's original language. One of Fulci's better films in my opinion.

bigandya 20th March 2011 07:02 PM

I'd love this on Blu Ray. Sadly I can't see there being a market for it.