Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Four Flies on Grey Velvet (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   SHAM202/SHAM035 - Four Flies on Grey Velvet: The Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/four-flies-grey-velvet/6093-sham202-sham035-four-flies-grey-velvet-archive-conversation.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 11:34 AM

SHAM202/SHAM035 - Four Flies on Grey Velvet: The Archive Conversation

To mark the Fortieth Anniversary of its production, and twenty years after the film disappeared from the public eye, Shameless Screen Entertainment are aiming to release the first ever worldwide Blu-ray of Dario Argento’s Four Flies on Grey Velvet – remastered in HD from the original negative by the original lab.

It’s all a-buzz at Shameless! After two years of behind the scene negotiations via their “Italian connection”, Shameless Screen Entertainment is proud to announce that they will soon release the missing Argento opus: Four Flies on Grey Velvet or, fact fans, what more accurately should be called Four Flies of Grey Velvet – as per the literal translation of Quattro Mosche Di Velluto Grigio.

It doesn’t stop there, Shameless have put their investigative caps on and - pending the availability of the original filmmaking team - they intend to discover for their fans what really happened to Dario Argento’s “lost” film...

Four Flies on Grey Velvet will be released on Blu-ray and DVD by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 30 January 2012.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 11:37 AM

The best news I've heard all year. :clap: :rockon:

A big 'thank you' from me to Shameless for rescuing this one from rights entanglement, and releasing it on Blu too! :)

Pete 6th July 2011 11:38 AM

It's out just in time for my birthday. :)

Jonny 6th July 2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 163730)
remastered in HD from the original negative by the original lab.

Great news about the Blu-ray.

Is there any word on when this master was created?

Sarah@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 163735)
Is there any word on when this master was created?

All I know at the moment is in the OP. I will try to find this out if possible though.

jamesg 6th July 2011 11:45 AM

This is FANTASTIC news!!!! :woot:
Shameless is the perfect home for this underrated and too-little-seen Argento giallo gem. Roll on December!

Jonny 6th July 2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 163736)
All I know at the moment is in the OP. I will try to find this out if possible though.

Cool, be nice if you could find out.

It's an important title to announce on Blu-ray and you know what the internet is like when people get their hopes up for a Blu-ray that has been trumpeted as being 're-mastered from the negatives...' etc and have their expectations crushed when the product hits the shops with 'issues'.

Heloch Corbeau 6th July 2011 12:03 PM

Excellent !

Big well done for Shameless achieving this , i thought the rights wrangles was going to make this release nigh on impossible.

Bravo !!!

:tongue1:

broonage 6th July 2011 12:17 PM

Wooooooooooooooooooooo

Steel76 6th July 2011 12:33 PM

AMAZING!!! :)

Been forever since I last saw this one, so rediscovering the classic on BD will be awesome indeed! :)

Paul@TheOverlook 6th July 2011 12:52 PM

A great coup and I expect a release far better than those released already, which shouldn't be too hard given the state of the previously releases from Retrofilm (A poor quality bootleg, I'm sure) and Mya Entertainment. The PQ on the Mya DVD was actually excellent but there were several minor edits (print damage?) and a whole sequence shot day-for-night which should have gradually darkened that remained bright throughout.

This is an exciting release - let's hope Shameless gets its Blu-ray out of the gates before anyone else - as it's sure to be the company's biggest seller.

Great news.

BAKA 6th July 2011 12:56 PM

Wow, amazing news, very unexpected! I was beginning to think I'd never get to see this film, let alone in HD. Great news.

oaxaca 6th July 2011 01:08 PM

Fantastic choice! Can't wait!

Wilson Bros 6th July 2011 02:00 PM

Jesus H. Christ!!!

Nick & I adore this movie! :D

Kev W

Mojo 6th July 2011 02:23 PM

Bloody hell- this was unexpected! Excellent news. Can't wait for this one :woot:

Gojirosan 6th July 2011 02:47 PM

I could almost shed a tear of joy!

Boss work, Shameless.

Pete 6th July 2011 03:00 PM

edit

Argentofan 6th July 2011 03:14 PM

Wow, amazing.

Justin101 6th July 2011 03:44 PM

Didn't think i'd ever get to see this film - thanks Shameless, this is excellent news indeed! a fantastic coup for the world of cult films...

PaulD 6th July 2011 04:18 PM

Yeeeeaaahhh! This is awesome news, especially the fact that it's a bluray release

bgart13 6th July 2011 04:28 PM

Be nice if Shameless could get Mimsy Farmer to chat about it. Doesn't she live in Paris now?

Daemonia 6th July 2011 04:29 PM

Nice. Will definitely pick this one up on Blu-ray.

Thank the gods that Storaro had nothing to do with this one! :lol:

bgart13 6th July 2011 04:29 PM

Oh, and good news! Great job, Almar & Co.!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 04:36 PM

Brilliant news! As someone else pointed out-best seller coming up!

:clap::clap:

plasterface 6th July 2011 05:26 PM

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

i am glad this is coming out on dvd been wanting to see this film:clap: for at least 15 years

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 05:38 PM

Didn't see that one coming! Brilliant. Well done Shameless for sorting this one out!

JAMIOUSE 6th July 2011 06:05 PM

Fantastic news Sarah and Shameless! I never thought this would get a UK release like so many other Argento's have.

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 06:14 PM

Come on Shameless, Give us a heap of extras please. :pray: I have a feeling this will be the biggest seller Shameless have had yet.

Gold6082 6th July 2011 06:18 PM

Extremely pleased to see this announcement,this is 1 of those films where a Pre-order would be essential,as it will sell like wild fire & be out of stock after release.

I have the film on the Mya label but to say that offering is questionable would be an understatement,Bring on the Shameless treatment!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 163905)
Come on Shameless, Give us a heap of extras please. :pray: I have a feeling this will be the biggest seller Shameless have had yet.

You can bet your last quid on that mate!:nod:

platostotal 6th July 2011 07:44 PM

OMFG, THIS IS JUST OUTSTANDING:clap::clap::rockon::clap::clap:. Christ, who needs drugs to get high when you get news like this. Needless to say that's a sale, bet it becomes Shameless's best selling Blu/dvd ever. Michael Brandon would do a great commentary, worth a shot as he's settled in the U.K.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 08:29 PM

Yep,he saved London from crime in the eighties.His partner,Ms Makepeace apparently moved to the Yorkshire dales! :tongue1:

kingofwitches666 7th July 2011 12:07 AM

Kudos to all at Shameless, this is great news & a HD release to boot! :clap:

the blob 7th July 2011 02:39 AM

Looks like I missed the party! Sold my hardbox only a couple of months ago as there were rumours of a Blu but wasn't expecting this. Nice work..,

I'll have to dig out that quote from someone on here who so vehemently and aggressively insisted that this would never ever see a UK release. :)

Dissolvedpaul 7th July 2011 04:04 AM

Yes, really excited by this excellent news, Kudos to Shameless! You know, I was tempted time after time to shell out for the MYA DVD but something niggling was telling me not to bite, I'm glad I waited! Is it going to be region free or is it too early to say. Going by previous Shameless releases, I imagine it will be but I don't like to assume.

Sarah@Cult Labs 7th July 2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dissolvedpaul (Post 164079)
Yes, really excited by this excellent news, Kudos to Shameless! You know, I was tempted time after time to shell out for the MYA DVD but something niggling was telling me not to bite, I'm glad I waited! Is it going to be region free or is it too early to say. Going by previous Shameless releases, I imagine it will be but I don't like to assume.

It's too early to say at the moment but fingers crossed it will be!

darthelvis 7th July 2011 09:40 AM

Great news, not picked up a copy of this yet, so eagerly await the blu ray!

Dissolvedpaul 7th July 2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 164100)
It's too early to say at the moment but fingers crossed it will be!

Thanks Sarah! I imagine overseas Argento fans will be frothing at the mouth at this news too so if the release turns out to be uncoded (and I'm confident about it!) then I imagine sales potential will sky rocket. Can't wait for this.

mr 420 7th July 2011 10:32 AM

Congratulations to everyone involved! Who would of thought a year ago that we would be getting this and Cannibal Holocaust? Christmas has come early as far as I'm concerned.:cool:

Splatterdragon73 7th July 2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 163905)
Come on Shameless, Give us a heap of extras please.:pray:

Too true and this is indeed glorious news. Shameless have definitely come up trumps with this title and December can't come quick enough!
I can also imagine this British incarnation of FFOGV trouncing MYA Communication's U.S. DVD.

Rest assured my two DVD and BR pre-orders will be submitted in a heartbeat once the relevant purchase option is available. This release is just gonna be sooooooo collectable and very well done Shameless!:clap:

Now, once FFOGV has been tackled how about a certain '79 Fulci feast of flesh-ripping coming our way? After all, if Shameless can deliver a legit edition of Argento's troubled '71 giallo then i'd like to think maybe a new and improved trip from the U.K. to Matul could at least be considered.;)