Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Four Flies on Grey Velvet (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Four Flies On Grey Velvet: Reviews (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/four-flies-grey-velvet/7746-four-flies-grey-velvet-reviews.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 19th February 2012 08:38 PM

Hi all,

Just to let you know, Shameless are looking into this.

It's personal passion for these films, not amazing business opportunities, that drive these releases and, as such, Shameless really do care about this but it takes time for them to get any answers.

As soon as Shameless do get answers they'll tell me and I'll tell you... Promise!

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk

bgart13 20th February 2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 218167)
WHAT? :pound:

:lol:

Thanks, Sarah!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th February 2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 218056)
The extended cut' is the theatrical version, those extra bits are only missing from the remaster because of reel damage.

Thanks for the clarification. As I said, it's been ages since I last saw Four Flies on Grey Velvet and haven't done any research yet, so it was almost like watching the film for the first time.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th February 2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 218183)
Hi all,

Just to let you know, Shameless are looking into this.

It's personal passion for these films, not amazing business opportunities, that drive these releases and, as such, Shameless really do care about this but it takes time for them to get any answers.

As soon as Shameless do get answers they'll tell me and I'll tell you... Promise!

Thanks for letting us know, Sarah.

Gav.76 20th February 2012 11:58 PM

Four Flies - minor defect on disc anyone?

Anyone else find the trailers for Cemetary Man and Cannibal Holocaust are without audio??

Not a big issue for me, but just thought I'd mention :popcorn:

Gav

Sobral 21st February 2012 12:03 AM

No audio at all? My BD played them fine...

Gav.76 21st February 2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobral (Post 218544)
No audio at all? My BD played them fine...

Ahh, okay, must be my BD, I should probably update the firmware or whatever it's called. It's only the 2 trailers - the movie's perfect so all's good :) Just thought I'd mention... :)

Prince_Vajda 21st February 2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav.76 (Post 218545)
Ahh, okay, must be my BD, I should probably update the firmware or whatever it's called. It's only the 2 trailers - the movie's perfect so all's good :) Just thought I'd mention... :)

That's indeed the first thing to do whenever you encounter any playback problems! :nod: ;) :rolleyes:

Greetings!

Sarah@Cult Labs 27th February 2012 12:22 PM

Shameless have thoroughly investigated the above audio problems with their authoring house and have now released the following statement:

Quote:

Shameless has investigated the alleged audio defect which had been reported by a few people. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

This is what we did:

We reviewed the issue with our authoring house which in any event always do a complete technical quality check of all output before releasing the assets for mastering and replication.

The original 4 track magnetic sound of 4 FLIES is being made available on the Shameless release for the first time since the film’s original theatrical opening in the 1970s – therefore the track is from a 40 years old (analogue) support, which was transferred with as little digital treatment as possible in order to keep to the purity of that original audio. The lab stated: “Essentially all (audio) are as source, nothing has been introduced. Due to the age of the material we wouldn't ... fail it because of these audio faults and in all instances they're fairly brief.”

We ourselves tested the discs on half a dozen different players and we asked friends to do same on their players. We've had a good listen & noted that each player delivers slightly different rendering (in the same manner that different players and even different firmware can each read and display a disc in a slightly different manner).

The areas which have been reported were for the most part only audible after careful scrutiny, however we did note that on mid-to-high end home cinema systems the audio glitch itself gets very amplified and therefore very noticeable (the glitch is not a harmonious signal and just gets amplified raw through the amp and sounds very loud).

We apologise if the audio glitches towards the end might be noticeable when played on some players/audio system but we can assure you that the discs per se are not faulty. And as can be gleaned from reviews at large both in print and on the web, both the Blu-ray and DVD releases have received positive reviews in regards to the film and its visual and audio re-mastering which reflect the genuine efforts we make to try and bring you the best results from often highly difficult materials to work with.

Shameless Screen Ent.

sjconstable 27th February 2012 12:34 PM

If different players give a different rendering of the glitches, that shows that it's not part of the analogue audio damage, but actually digital.