Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Gaming (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Silent Hill series? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gaming/6962-silent-hill-series.html)

thesaunderschild 10th October 2011 09:37 PM

The Silent Hill series?

Anybody from the lab a fan of Silent Hill?

I own / love the entire series, but cannot complete Homecoming on the Xbox 360. I tried to just get a game save, but that proved to be awkward.

Anyway, I hear Downpour has been delayed in Europe until possibly March. While this is annoying to impatient people, I think it'll gimme a chance to get those other top games that are due out this fall. :)

Saunders.

gag 11th October 2011 09:57 AM

I think they are fantastic games...i played them all on all versions wasnt keen on forth one and never botherd to finish it.. saying that i tried 3 times and always got low on energy and could never advance further without dying, i got shatterd memories on wii but havent played it for a while, but deffo games worth playing...

Demoncrat 11th October 2011 10:01 AM

aye, mate still wants to play the 1st because i raved about it that much at the time. 2nd is easily one of THE games of all time. 3rd i felt tried too hard, 4th a silly and difficult mess....havent played one since due to not having the machines, but one of these days.....

i take it we all agree that the film was shit apart from pyramid head then??:lol:;);)

Baseball Fury 11th October 2011 11:34 AM

I used to be a big fan of Silent Hill, cleared the first two umpteen times to get all the different endings and what not, but never managed to complete the third! I got to the last boss, but had no ammo at all, so I lost interest and never picked it up again!

The Room was an interesting idea, but poorly executed to be honest. I can't get on with Homecoming because you CAN'T INVERT THE CONTROLS, which is cocking ridiculous.

I'm looking forward to the HD reissue of 2/3 on the PS3/360, so maybe I'll finally complete 3 then.

Rassilon 11th October 2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesaunderschild (Post 188996)
Anybody from the lab a fan of Silent Hill?

I own / love the entire series, but cannot complete Homecoming on the Xbox 360. I tried to just get a game save, but that proved to be awkward.

Anyway, I hear Downpour has been delayed in Europe until possibly March. While this is annoying to impatient people, I think it'll gimme a chance to get those other top games that are due out this fall. :)

Saunders.

I am a huge fan of these games and have completed them all. Shattered Memories on wii I thought was better than homecoming. It used such great ideas like using the wii remote as a flash light and phone. The second part worked great as the remote rang, you answer it with A and then hold the speaker to you ear to hear a static noise before a ghost. amazing and scary. Like Baseball I look forward to the HD verisons but think they could have easily included Silent Hill 4

Rik 11th October 2011 03:19 PM

Love these games, at the minute the only ones I own are Homecoming for Xbox 360 and the excellent Origins for PSP. Film isn't too bad either

Violence is Italian Art

Rassilon 11th October 2011 03:59 PM

Oh yeah I forgot origins. That game is awesome with headphones in. very scary. looking forward to downpour but having doubts. Want a silent hill where you can explore the town more. Homecoming was limited in that respect.

gag 11th October 2011 04:03 PM

Yes two deffo the best, But 1st on was very eerie creepy and extremely atmospheric, and the music did it wonders was realy freaky.

Demoncrat 12th October 2011 10:29 AM

to wit, does anyone else have the soundtracks?? when i 1st saw them advertised, i thought to myself "surely itl only consist of shrieking and clanging??" and boy i was right:lol:, have them all up to the 4th (which has songs!! hmmm)

So it is only me that thinks the film is a turd then? c'est la vie....

gag 12th October 2011 12:55 PM

I dont think the film was great but didnt think it was to bad either, Could have been better but at same time a lot of game to film conversion are generaly rubbish,